PDA

View Full Version : Gods of the Dead

BlackShroud
12-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Necromancy has always held great interest for me. What are some of the deities or forces people attribute their necromantic knowledge?

As for Satanism (my chosen path) we are said to have a few:

Nebiros (Satanic Patron of Necromancy according to the goetia, and discoverer of the much-beloved necromantic artifact, the Hand of Glory)
Eurynomos (mostly by our Demonolater brethren)
Nergal and his consort Ereshkigal
Hekate

What has your path led you to revere?

I-S-O-N
12-11-2010, 08:45 AM
May I ask why would one wish to contact the dead?

devakxes
01-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Beelzebub is actually very connected to necromancy.
Druj Nasu. Lilith. Jahi - Az. Ahriman. Kali.

Set is connected to death, he is deathless - but he gives death.

Azazel/Lucifer (Azal'Ucel) is also connected to death - however he grants death to that which is weak within us. Think of it as the weakness within us as coals that catch on fire. That fire burns the coals up but with that fire one is able to forge a sword of strength from this fire.

This is actually the whole view point of death/growth to a Luciferian. One is able to choose to decay or to grow.

Adromaedis
01-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Last I checked, Azrael is the Goddess or Mistress of Death - apparently disciples of Azrael do not fear death, will sometimes cause it in her name & glory, but if she wishes it, the disciple will one day have to join her in the after life.

I personally follow no gods, goddesses, or agents of gods to achieve anything in the path of Necromancy.
Death is everywhere, in everything, and is also the next step, not the end.

Light
01-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Death is everywhere, in everything, and is also the next step, not the end.

Beautifully put.

Adromaedis
01-19-2011, 11:45 AM
It is the truth an I know it by experince lol.

Wester
01-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Death and necromancy has always been a fav topic of mine, is there anyway to communicate with the dead? Iv been raised catholic so the closest i ever got to this subject is they just go to heaven or hell end of story. But i would like to contact a friend of mine who died very suddenly i was wondering if this would b possible at all? she had been dead for a couple years now would that change anything?

devakxes
01-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Azazel (Azrael) is the same being. The hebrew angel of death... who taught men metalurgy and cosmetics (so they can be pretty while they kill each other!) as well as War.

The reason Azazel has been considered female at all is because of the name being broken down into Az-Az-El.

El is the aleph that means ''shining one'' or being essentially a God or part of God.

Az is a bit more complicated. It comes from the Zurvanite story of Ahura-Mazda that separated the Zoroastrians from the Yatuk-Zinoih (I'm sure I didn't spell that correctly).

Ahriman was first within the womb along with his brother, Ohrmazd. Ohrmazd had overheard Zurvan whisper, 'Whichever of the two shall come to me first, him will I make king.' Upon hearing this, Ohrmazd told his brother. Ahriman ripped from the womb and came forth to his Father Zurvan. It was Zurvan who insulted his son and called him dark and stinking. He favored the second born, action-less son Ohrmazd, who made sacrifice to his father Zurvan. Ahriman reminded his father of the promise of the first born, and was granted a period of time. Thus Ahriman went away from those of the arrogant light. Ahriman soon made a pact with his father, which was manifest as Az, the bride of darkness.

'Pondering on the end, Zurvan delivered to Ahriman an implement from the very substance of darkness, mingled with the power of Zurvan, as it were a treaty, resembling coal, black and ashen. And as he handed it to him he said: "By means of these weapons, Az (Concupiscence) will devour that which is thine, and she herself shall starve, if at the end of nine thousand years thou hast not accomplished that which thou didst threaten- to demolish the pact, to demolish Time.’ - The Dawn and Twilight of Zoroastrianism

Az or Jeh, the whore or demonic feminine, was the 'weapon of Concupiscence' which “Ahriman chooses it of his own free will 'as his very essence.”

For further information on her... you should read the story of ''Az-Jahi''

The heart of Lucifer is Lilith. The Heart of Lilith is Lucifer. Together as one, they are Baphomet.

Adromaedis
01-22-2011, 03:36 AM
Death and necromancy has always been a fav topic of mine, is there anyway to communicate with the dead? Iv been raised catholic so the closest i ever got to this subject is they just go to heaven or hell end of story. But i would like to contact a friend of mine who died very suddenly i was wondering if this would b possible at all? she had been dead for a couple years now would that change anything?

Well if your friend has passed on, then you'll be lucky if you can contact her, but would take a great deal of time if it were possible.
If she still lingers however, then you could contact her for sure. Spirits that wander will either be near their grave, near a place they called home (or in it), or at the place of their death - those would be the most likely to find a spirit. Hope that helps.

Astral Eye
02-13-2011, 05:14 PM
I have only ever used necromancy once. This is what i did. On the night of the full moon of october.

[LIST=1]
Draw two pentacles in white chalk on the floor. They should both be gig enough to stand in.
Now heres the tricky bit. I left an offering in the second, placed some runes and sigils for binding round the pentacle (I can't remember what they were) and then went to stand in my second pentacle. Check both are perfectly drawn with no gaps.
Calm yourself through medititation until you feel a certian stillness. Call out the spirit or deity you use when conversing with the dead. (I call upon Hermes the messenger of the greek gods as he could pass through the three worlds, the world of gods, men and spirits)
Say "(insert name of spirit/deity) I give to you upon this night, a gift from the land of light, now I ask of you to open me a doorway to, the land where the dead must pay their due." Say it clearly and don't leave to much of a gap in each part. You should now be prepared. if all goes well, you should feel the gratitude of your spirit/deity, but if you make a mistak you must prepare. They should be bound to the pentacle, but if the pentacle is not perfect or the spirit is too strong, you will almost certainly be attacked. If you feel their displeasure, dissmis them as soon as poosible. I can't remeber the dismissal I had found but ask around and you'll find something.
Give the spirit time to open the gate, but when you feel it is open, call the name of the person who you wish to see again three times, whil turning clockwise three times. They may not show themselves but ask your question and you may find the answer appearing in some strange ways. if you own an ouja board then you can use that. I was lucky enough to recieve a dream with the answer to my question.
[list]
You must now say farewell to the ghost and diismiss it.

Astral Eye
02-14-2011, 07:00 PM
not bad,actually.I did something along these lines to evoke a rather powerful spirit out of the netherworld,which is referred to as a necrodaemon,or servitor of death.I prefer to use a circle for myself,and the triangle of art for spirits.As for deities,hermes is a wise choice in my opinon.However,you could have chosen Hades,as he seems to be "in charge" of a large area of the netherworld(world of the dead.)Pentacles or pentagrams are not tryuly necessary however,unless you believe they are.Belief is one of the central points of any study.In other words:if you think you need it,you likely do.

Thanks. I created the procedure and I feel it works quite well, but it generates alot of negative energy, as the otherplace is a very negative area. It can be dangerous. I chose Hermes because:

1) I like the god and his powers.

2) Rather than rulig the souls, controling them as Hades would, I use Hermes to comune with them.

3) Hades is less likely to help "mortals" as he is solitary.

Enougher god you could use is Persephone.

PS: If you want to bind a ghost may I advise that you give it up. It is a horrible and negative practice.

Astral Eye
02-22-2011, 02:58 PM
My question about death gods (or in this case, a death goddess) is what is the risk if I invoke one?

What risks one could rub by developing a close relationship with one?

It depends on the god you use. Research your god, find what they like and dislike to make the procedure run easier.

Astral Eye
02-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Sorry, I've never heard of ever. I know quite a bit about the Ancient Greek pantheon. Try asking round on the forums. May I suggest Persephone as a good spirit to start out with. A good offering for her is a pomegranate.

Adromaedis
03-02-2011, 05:33 AM
You could also try asking the help of one of the 72, I am unsure though which might be the right choice since they all work differently an have different personalities & attitudes towards certain things.
But if you plan on asking for their help, DO NOT BE DIRESPECTFUL or you will doom your chances of talking with any of them.

Everyone & everything deserves respect, give the proper & you'll make a lot friends, but if you don't give it, then you'll only recieve silence.

Astral Eye
03-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Hecate enougher god that could be used, as she was a goddes with power over death. She would best be used during the waning moon, but her true power would be at the new moon. She would be very difficult to use probably, and will know much, she is the goddes of witchcraft.

Astral Eye
03-18-2011, 10:09 PM
She represent the new and waning moon.

Greek goddes of witchcraft.

Likes crossroads.

Can commune with spirits.

Can send people mad.

Had a pack of hell hounds.

Not an Olympian

That's all for now.

tavthe
04-07-2011, 03:03 AM
I feel a closer connection with Seth and Nephthys than I have in days past.

Astral Eye
04-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Hecate loves wolfs bane and deadly night shade.

If your'e working with her, try burning a black candle.

Solitary, but has great respect for Athena.

If I find out anything I'll tell you.

KashakuTatsu
04-09-2011, 04:12 AM
I've worked with quite a few death related deities in my path as it evolved, currently it's been Set. I've found a draw to Senor la Muerte as of late and was wondering if there were any who work with him who could give some advice. I like to get full knowledge of a deity before deciding if I should follow the call or not as not to offend with a mistake that could have been prevented. Would he be any more temperamental than say Set? Is there any vital things that would be required, like regular sacrifices, etc.? Is he one to demand you only work with him or will he play nice if you use other deities in other rituals they would be related to (keeping the deities to their related rituals not mixing them together eclectic style)? Also does he require a specific path adherence? Is there more than the Liber Flaxifer for information on him?

On a semi-un-related side question: what is this I came across about Senor la Muerte being Cain and having a draconic blood line? Is this coorilating him to being draconic?