To Know To Dare To Will and To Keep Silence? To Know To Dare To Will and To Keep Silence?
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 30 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: To Know To Dare To Will and To Keep Silence?

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

Default To Know To Dare To Will and To Keep Silence?

As a beginner I have difficult understanding these four virtues, if I break one of the virtues, what happens?
    Also especially,if I break the vow of silence, what do I do?
    Should I start again? If yes, how?

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

Is it still possible to work alone? That is if in my case, I keep the secrets of my experiences to myself.

I would follow the recommended material on a solo magician initiation, but I'm still not sure if leaving my order is okay.

Well anyway thanks for your answer I was basically confused with the secrecy part, like do I still my thoughts or my ego, since in my opinion the ego is the noisiest part of human being.

I
    isis Guest

I am working alone and i have not chosen a order yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

Default New

I am new in the practice of these things. I have only practiced rudimentary Toaist magics, but I have read on many things.

I think more for knowledge than for any power. But how do you know when the information you are getting is legitimate and not just some huckster.

Some stuff it's obvious but somethings it's really hard for a new person to tell.
    Power of any kind is never good or evil, it only is expressed by the Will of the User.

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

"To keep silent" doesn't necessarily mean taking a vow of silence, it can mean a lot of things, like being humble and not walking around acting like a douche who thinks he knows everything. It can mean not talking about your magical workings and allowing them to work in their time without interference.

I can't link to the exact article, but check out the one titled "The Way of the Witch."

The Obsidian Mirror
    "Surgery, I'm late for surgery...I'm having my ears sewn shut!"
    RIP George

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

Quote Originally Posted by NoobMagick View Post
    As a beginner I have difficult understanding these four virtues, if I break one of the virtues, what happens?
    Also especially,if I break the vow of silence, what do I do?
    Should I start again? If yes, how?
    As a beginner you need not wonder what these "virtues" mean anyway. If you break one of them, well, tell us, what happens? You asked, which broke the "oath" of silence. If you break the vow of silence you simply speak. What did you think? You will be struck down by some over-arching God? If you break said oath you then have failed YOURSELF. Sorry, no sugar-coating. Do not make an oath unless you pledge yourself unto accomplishing it. You CAN NOT start again. Can you? Ask yourself! For once one "gets into" the true occultism they become spiritual.
    Last edited by IMtM; 06-23-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

In my experience the keep silence portion is crucial. Everyone has a subconcious plan for you and they want you to carry out their will. (I speak of those who aren't wiccans or magicians) I would only tell certain occultists and when I say that I only refer that to one person whom I call my master (because some steps I forget and I ask him about rules). So here's the thing keep silent, don't tell anyone anything about what you do because coming from a pro-conservative family for them to find even 1 book on magick they freak out and that may become negative energetic influences of what you want to do. You may be stronger but their will may become the combined will of others and instead of only 3 people not wanting you to accomplish something you now have 12. (Normal People talk not of themselves but that of others and what they do often and since they are their "friend" they take the tellers view upon the situation).

So in my opinion by all means experiment but treat it like the old days where if they found you to be a potential witch they'd burn you at stake. Only speak amongst those who understand.

I hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

To Know I believe is to know through doing, not just reading. In this regard we can considor the greek word Gnosis. To will and dare are fairly self explanatory and to keep silent, well many should that don't! But I think it's about not attracting negative and unwanted attention, however that might manifest itself and about not hindering yourself and your work. Somethings you can share with others of like mind and some things you keep to yourself.

I think the only outcome to not adhering to these "virtues" would be to hinder your own progression, they are common sense really. (though Ironically I find common sense simply isn't that common!)

Thread Information