'Powerful Magic Words' & 'The Book of Old Ones' 'Powerful Magic Words' & 'The Book of Old Ones'
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 30 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Powerful Magic Words' & 'The Book of Old Ones'

W
    wizardscauldron Guest

Default 'Powerful Magic Words' & 'The Book of Old Ones'

Has anyone tried the rituals from the book 'Powerful magic Words' by Jason Pike or 'The Book of Old Ones' by Scorpio, both sold by Finbarr books. It would be great to correspond with anyone who has had results from the these books.

I
    isis Guest

Default RE: 'Powerful Magic Words' & 'The Book of Old Ones'

i naver hard about thies books and i think i am going to check them out. thinks for posting them. i like to read and try new things so i am goin to take a look and see if i would like them.

W
    wizardscauldron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by isis
    i naver hard about thies books and i think i am going to check them out. thinks for posting them. i like to read and try new things so i am goin to take a look and see if i would like them.
    Hello Isis

Ive been trying the rituals from the book of old ones by Scorpio & I have experienced tingling in my forehead & have seen flashes of light & orbs of light in my livivng room just as Scorpio said I would - waiting for results now

I
    isis Guest

that sound interesting.

H
    Harlock Guest

im afraid i havent and if i can ill get a hold of a copy and take a look, but sounds interesting

R
    redhand Guest

Though the Necronomicon can be a usable system I would advise against it if you are new to Magic. The Necronomicon of Alhazred, (literally: "Book of Dead Names") is not, as is popularly believed, a grimoire, or sorcerer's spell-book. It was conceived as a history, and hence "a book of things now dead and gone". An alternative derivation of the word Necronomicon gives as its meaning "the book of the customs of the dead", but again this is consistent with the book's original conception as a history, not as a work of necromancy.

The Book of Old Ones describes “the ritual of the Old Ones,” which will help you “align yourself with the magical power of the Old Ones.” This seems like a really bad idea. Why would any sane person want to get closer to what Lovecraft called “abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy?”LOL This book begins with a brief introduction explaining the Mythos, and Scorpio's system of magic. This introduction makes it clear that Scorpio did not do his homework when it comes to the Mythos he bases his belief system upon. He links the Old Ones to the four elements as Derleth did, something Lovecraft never would have done. He also attributes the discredited “black magic” quote to Lovecraft.

I'm not sure if this book is supposed to be taken seriously. It reads like a parody in places. I mean, “The Deep Ones Helped Kevin N. Regain His Lost Virility?” "How the Byakhee can bring love into your life?" Can this be serious? Channeling servitors of Nyarlathotep to write a self-help book? The end result would be something like "The Book of Old Ones."

If any of this worked, it would get you eaten, or worse.LOL

L
    Lady Dunsany Guest

NO. I have not.

I
    isis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redhand
    Though the Necronomicon can be a usable system I would advise against it if you are new to Magic. The Necronomicon of Alhazred, (literally: "Book of Dead Names") is not, as is popularly believed, a grimoire, or sorcerer's spell-book. It was conceived as a history, and hence "a book of things now dead and gone". An alternative derivation of the word Necronomicon gives as its meaning "the book of the customs of the dead", but again this is consistent with the book's original conception as a history, not as a work of necromancy.

The Book of Old Ones describes “the ritual of the Old Ones,” which will help you “align yourself with the magical power of the Old Ones.” This seems like a really bad idea. Why would any sane person want to get closer to what Lovecraft called “abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy?”LOL This book begins with a brief introduction explaining the Mythos, and Scorpio's system of magic. This introduction makes it clear that Scorpio did not do his homework when it comes to the Mythos he bases his belief system upon. He links the Old Ones to the four elements as Derleth did, something Lovecraft never would have done. He also attributes the discredited “black magic” quote to Lovecraft.

I'm not sure if this book is supposed to be taken seriously. It reads like a parody in places. I mean, “The Deep Ones Helped Kevin N. Regain His Lost Virility?” "How the Byakhee can bring love into your life?" Can this be serious? Channeling servitors of Nyarlathotep to write a self-help book? The end result would be something like "The Book of Old Ones."

If any of this worked, it would get you eaten, or worse.LOL

i could not find any of the books mentched above but i gave up looking for them and i have read what you wrote and it helped me cause i jest wanted to see what they were about but i was not going to try anything from thouse book.. so thinks...

Z
    ZeldaFitz Guest

redhand parody is not the word.

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

I don't know about the books from the first post but in using the things and ideas from Simon's Necronomicon I found that these entities demand your worship and you had better have absolute iron will to deal with them. They will also turn on you if they perceive a weakness. I also make it clear up front that I will not bend a knee to them and they are here to serve me. Last, if you work with them know how and be ready to shove them back into wherever they came from at the first sign that they are going to give you trouble. I kind of liken it to having a 500lb silver back gorilla to do your biding for you. You don't know what may make him turn on you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information