Azazel Azazel
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 30 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Azazel

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

Default Azazel

Hi, my name is jenna and I am interested in the fallen angel Azazel. I can not seem to find much information about him. Maybe I will on this site

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

from A Dictionary of Angels (including fallen angels) by Gustav Davidson

AZAZEL (Azael, Hazazel, “God strengthens”) – in Enoch I, Azazel is one of the chiefs of the 200 fallen angels. (Revelation speaks of one-third of the heavenly host being involved in the fall). Azazel “taught men to fashion swords and shields” while women learned from him “finery and the art of beautifying the eyelids.”

He is the scapegoat in rabbinic literature, Targum, and in Leviticus 16: 8, although in the latter he is not actually named. In The Zohar (Vayeze 153a) the rider on the serpent is symbolized by “the evil Azazel.” Here his is said to be chief of the order of bene elim (otherwise ischim, lower angels, “men-spirits”). Irenaeus calls Azazel “that fallen and yet mighty angel.”

In the Apocalypse of Abraham he is “lord of hell, seducer of mankind.” And here his aspect, when revealed in its true form, shows him to be a demon with 7 serpent heads, 14 faces, and 12 wings. Jewish legend speaks of Azazel as the angel who refused to bow down before Adam (in the Koran the angel is Eblis or Iblis) when the 1st human was presented to God to the assembled hierarchs in Heaven. For such refusal, Azazel was thenceforth dubbed “the accursed Satan.” (Rf. Bamberger, Fallen Angels, p. 278.)

According to the legend in Islamic lore, when God commanded the angels to worship Adam, Azazel refused, contending “Why should a son of fire (i.e., an angel) fall down before a son of clay (i.e., a mortal)?” Whereupon God cast Azazel out of Heaven and changed his name to Eblis. Milton in Paradise Lost I, 534 describes Azazel as “a cherub tall,” but also as a fallen angel and Satan’s standard bearer.

Originally, according to Maurice Bouisson in Magic; Its History and Principal Rites, Azazel was an ancient Semitic God of the flocks who was later degraded to the level of demon. (Rf. Trevor Ling, The Significance of Satan in New Testament Demonology.) Bamberger in Fallen Angels inclines to the notion that the first star which fell (star having the meaning of angel) was Azazel
    Magus III°
    Ordo Luciferi
    www.tarkhem.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

According to the legend in Islamic lore, when God commanded the angels to worship Adam, Azazel refused, contending “Why should a son of fire (i.e., an angel) fall down before a son of clay (i.e., a mortal)?” Whereupon God cast Azazel out of Heaven and changed his name to Eblis. Milton in Paradise Lost I, 534 describes Azazel as “a cherub tall,” but also as a fallen angel and Satan’s standard bearer.
    My only problem with this particular part of what you said is that Iblis was an Angel himself... he was not Azazel. Azazel is spoken in the Koran as the angel of death. Azrael.
    Those who Fall will find their Heaven
    and will always be adored.

In Plaudo Atri Matris!

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

According to my resources Azrael "whom God Helps" is another form of Raphael.
    Azrael in Hebrew and Islamic lore is the Angel of Death as you mentioned.

Eblis (Iblis, Haris - :despair") in Persian and Arabic lore, Eblis is the equivalent of the Christian Satan. Before His Fall, Eblis was called Azazel.
    Magus III°
    Ordo Luciferi
    www.tarkhem.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

The Order of Phosphorus considers the attainment of Azal'ucel to be a very great one. It is supposed to be the union of Azazel and Lucifer. Azazel was said to have taught man metalurgy. This connects him with Tubal Cain. Once one ''attains'' and invokes him... accepting and uniting dualities within one's self... he sets the ''spark'' of his being into you and allows you to see your hidden and divine Self.
    Those who Fall will find their Heaven
    and will always be adored.

In Plaudo Atri Matris!

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

Quote Originally Posted by devakxes View Post
    My only problem with this particular part of what you said is that Iblis was an Angel himself... he was not Azazel. Azazel is spoken in the Koran as the angel of death. Azrael.
    Hello,

Azrael and Azazel are different angels. Azazel means in Enochian "the one who complains to God".

Thread Information