Tetragrammaton Tetragrammaton
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 30 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tetragrammaton

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

Default Tetragrammaton

HI people

Can someone explain the use of the name/title Tetragrammaton /Jahveh in the occults

How can the god of the christians who burns the pagans be in the occult in that way?

Maby this is purly Kabbala?

Forgive me for being ignorant. maby you can shed some light on a novice

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

its a formula, and yes its qabalistic. not sure how/if wiccans use it. as for normal christians its just gods name.
    Man is invited to question, discover, explore,
    and manipulate the world around him and use it for his benefit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

The Tetragrammaton, literally "four letter word" is the proper name of the Judeo-Christian God. In the original Hebrew, the name is spelled Yod-He-Waw-He, but because Hebrew has no vowels, its pronunciation is unknown. Jews traditionally use the word "Adonai" (lord) to avoid speaking the actual name aloud. This is why English translations of the Bible refer to God as "The Lord." There are several English and Latin versions of the Tetragrammaton, YHVH, IHVH and JHVH are the most common. They are unpronounceable as well, though attempts to pronounce JHVH are where we get the term "Jehovah" as a name for God.

As a term for the monotheistic God, the Tetragrammaton has no direct connection to polytheistic Wicca. It does, however, show up in ceremonial magic sometimes, where the four letters correspond to the four elements. It is definitely part of Kabbalah.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. --Margaret Mead

There's a mugged leprechaun at the end of every rainbow. --shortpacked.com

A good magician never reveals how a trick is done.
    An evil magician never leaves any evidence that there was a trick in the first place.
    ---Master Payne (Phil Foglio's Girl Genius)

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

The Tetragrammaton does indeed represent the name of the Judo/Christian god, however its study predates the formalization of either religion. It originated in the mesopotamia delta valley and sparked the early religions and mythos of the first (known) human city.
    It's transmutations (by reorginization of its vowelless componets) represent the spheres of the tree of life.
    It is the word that was spoken that brought about creation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

Thank you for your answers, i do appreciate them

I never thought about it that way, from a before christian/judea time

I myself come from a background as a jehovas wittneses, guess im a little snowed in on that jehova thing
    and always considered Christianity and the occult arts 2 very diffrent things

Gonna go unbrainwash me now

R
    RÊVE Guest

Such is the sound of the breath.

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

The tetragrammaton is a symbol utilized by christian occultists in the 1800, example Eliphas Levi. However, also the pentragram utilized by Wiccans rapresents God, or the Sublime Form of Macrocosm. Tetragrammaton is as well a symbol with high christian kabbalah significance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Level
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Donations
    0 - $0.00

ok i tried to do this earlier and i was not signed in so it deleted my entire post so i have paused my research to try again. i want to put my input in on the monothiestic God and his role is occult since my research has been touching on this lately. lets start with the first monotheistic or abrahamic religions, judaism. first the torah was (supposedly) given to the jews thru moses from God on top of the mt. now since moses himself was a jew we obviously know that the jews existed long before the torah. how? thru oral tradition which of coarse the kaballa was a major part of. the three theories i have heard on the history of the kaballa are as follows; God gave it to adam in the garden of edan. God gave it to abraham the father of the jews. the jews created it during their enslavement at babylon (i find this the most unlikely because it would be hard to trace the history of the jews before the torah if this were the case). so judaism started as mysticism? why not, every monotheistic religion has a form of mysticism. lets talk about moses. moses was supposedly found by the pharao's daughter and raised by the pharaonic family. now everyone knows the pharaonic family practiced egyptian magic and moses would not have been exempt from this. matter of fact moses means son of in egyptian (ex. rameses or ra-mese/moses or son of ra... moses's name was probably simular where as he dropped the diety when he started believing in the one god of the jews). now lets turn to jesus. jesus was visited by the three magi, magicians who worship one god they call "the wise god" they also trace their heritage back to the time of babylon where they were enslaved with david (this is where he interprets the dreams of the king) they knew about davids prophecy of the messiah that is why they knew what to look for and it was extremely acurate. now we know jesus was in contact with magicians and some even say they visited and taught him in his childhood. (the bible doesnt speak of jesus between the time of his birth and when he starts preaching at the age of 30) this isnt hard to believe when you compare the beliefs of the gnostics (who say they follow the true teachings of jesus... it was them vs the romans and remember the romans are the ones who crucified him) and the religion of the magi who visited christ. then we come to the muslims who have the strongest text against magic, however their version of magic is strictly selling your soul to lucifer for worldly gifts and as far as mysticism goes they do have sufism. they also believe in a substance called brakah (forgive me if i spelled that wrong) which is contained in the saliva and has the power to heal you, keep you healthy and bless your life (or give you extremely good luck) this can even be transferred by touch or even being in the presence of someone who has brakah. my point is that alot of our religion has been diluted by politics and selfish desires so its hard to know what the true message is im simply pointing out interesting evidence my research has dredged up. christianity's bible was created during the council of nicea by emperor constatine of the romans for political reasons, he hunted down arrested and sometimes killed the gnostics under charges of heresy, i have to ask do you really think this is the message that the great isa/jesus wanted to spread? i hope this helps in the understanding of the monotheistic Gods role in the occult, personally i believe that your not going to get to him by doing nothing but reciting words because all religions regardless of their differences all agree that our lives are spiritual journys and i believe deep down everyone knows this. when i was in the army there was a saying there is no such thing as an aithiest in a fox hole, and it seems true. i dont care what you believe but in my opinion if you recognize yourself as a spirit and not just a cold physical body than i think you are on the right path.

Thread Information