PDA

View Full Version : Hands

Gazeeboh
03-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Quick question

Which hand is supposed to be your projecting hand and which is your receptive one?
I can't recall.

Stella
03-02-2009, 08:46 PM
The way I learned it is that your dominant hand is your projecting hand, and the other one is your receptive. The dominant hand would be the one you write with. This hand is usually favored when doing physical work, and projecting with this hand is natural.

daecon
03-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Note, however, that it is certainly possible to absorb energy by your projective hand and send it with your receptive, especially if the two are simultaneous. One popular version of the Cone of Power method involves the coven passing energy balls around the Circle right to left. (so as to move the energy deosil) This means each right-dominant individual must take energy with her dominant hand and give it with her off hand.

Odin
03-02-2009, 10:26 PM
yea Stella this is what I was told also

but with work or becoming more balanced it can be either

but as you say the one you rite with is the projection hand

Lady Dunsany
03-02-2009, 10:29 PM
I would say my right as this is where the most energy comes out and it is the one I use the most in my rituals, but on off days the left seems to be the dominant one.

Gazeeboh
03-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Does this apply to your eyes as well?

Sachiel
03-03-2009, 02:01 AM
Your eyes work more uniformly; how often do your physical eyes move independently? As far as polarity though, yes, it would apply the same way if you really needed it to.

The only thing I'd have to add about which side is dominant is that writing might not be relevant. All sorts of people are ambidextrous, or have varied preferences for writing and sports. I'd say instead that your projecting hand is whichever you'd use to punch someone, given the opportunity for either, and if they weren't in a funny stance.