PDA

View Full Version : What is what...

Kuganthrope
03-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Hello...

What are the differences (if there are any to be had) between elementaries, egregores, and servitors?

Lady Dunsany
03-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Egregore is a group effort, servitors are thought forms and elementals are the ones who represent the elements. The servitors are from our mind, the egregore is from a group mind and the elementals have always been there.

Kuganthrope
03-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Ok... so those things differ indeed. I was confused ok.

Lady Dunsany
03-07-2009, 01:27 PM
They can be confusing.

daecon
03-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Two other terms of note, a magickal childe is a servitor created by more than one person, preferably a coven. It differs from an egregore in that it is kept within the coven and details of its service (and perhaps even its very existence) is an oathbound secret. A daemon is any supernatural entity that can be (or has been) summoned and commanded by a magician. It is nearly synonymous with servitor except that "daemon" implies that the entity existed before the summoning spell was cast. "Servitor" leaves open the possibility that the spell itself may have created the entity out of raw magick.

Lokia_Zos
03-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Elemental=subconscious created
Servitor=conscious created
Egregore=Group created

That's it for me. It definitely doesn't line up with everyone else in their definitions of these things, but I don't mind. I generally use familiar to denote elementals though, unless I feel that the spirit is something that has to do with an area and not me in particular, or someone else. Though, I would still say that it is subconsciously created by myself.

...and no, I'm not a Psychological based magician or anything. I think everything is just in my head, and created by me...as much as it is for you. It's contradictory, and makes little sense. But I feel that reality generally doesn't make sense. Reality is just a mental construct.

Sigata
07-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Lokia_Zos ...
Thats exactly how i think ^^

Astral Eye
07-06-2011, 07:32 AM
But I thought I should mention that servitors can be made from elemental energies and elementals can be "artificially constructed", similliar to a servitot.