PDA

View Full Version : Disposing a Poppet

OneArt
03-08-2009, 12:42 AM
I used fith-fathing (poppet) magic two weeks back for the first time, following a ritual I modified from Witchcraft: Theory and Practice by Ly De Angeles. It was to keep a control on the mother of a friend who, to put it lightly, is like Bree Hodge on steroids.

The spell's working fine, but it's come to a point where I wish to break the spell and get rid of the figure. I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing it, for fear of causing any kind of harm to the initial target. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

OneArt

Darknight
03-08-2009, 01:25 AM
if you don't mind my curiosity? But whats a poppet?

Lady Dunsany
03-08-2009, 01:27 AM
Are you talking about a doll? A poppit?

BlackBearMage
03-08-2009, 04:15 AM
Do you mean a puppet? Because poppet in english means something else.

Lady Dunsany
03-08-2009, 09:34 AM
No poppit is a doll that is used in magick.

daecon
03-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Poppet=a small figure representing a specific person for use in sympathetic magic (ie. a "voodoo doll")

To dispose of a poppet without harming the person it represents, it is necessary to sever the magical link to the person. This is done by "unmaking" the doll. The first step is taking its Name. Address the doll as if it were the person it represents, then tell it "You are not [person]." Repeat this statement as a chant as you take the doll apart. Carefully remove any "facial features" you might have added and put them aside. Cut away the seams that hold the doll together and remove the stuffing. If you can find the nail parings or hair etc. from the person, then remove them as well. Otherwise, just spread the stuffing out. The poppet is now "unmade" and no longer affects the spell recipient. The components can be disposed of in whatever manner you like, but should never be used for any other magical purpose.

BlackBearMage
03-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Interesting. . . Never heard of it called that. . .

witch2468
03-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Working with dolls and sympathetic magic is powerful stuff so you have to be careful. I agree with what daecon has told you. After undoing the doll I'd suggest throwing what's left in running water-a river or canal.

OneArt
03-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Poppet=a small figure representing a specific person for use in sympathetic magic (ie. a "voodoo doll")

To dispose of a poppet without harming the person it represents, it is necessary to sever the magical link to the person. This is done by "unmaking" the doll. The first step is taking its Name. Address the doll as if it were the person it represents, then tell it "You are not [person]." Repeat this statement as a chant as you take the doll apart. Carefully remove any "facial features" you might have added and put them aside. Cut away the seams that hold the doll together and remove the stuffing. If you can find the nail parings or hair etc. from the person, then remove them as well. Otherwise, just spread the stuffing out. The poppet is now "unmade" and no longer affects the spell recipient. The components can be disposed of in whatever manner you like, but should never be used for any other magical purpose.

Thanks for the advice, though the said poppet is made of wax not stuffing. Unnaming it and then burying it in the earth seems to make the most sense.

CountessMortisma
03-22-2010, 05:29 PM

To dispose of a poppet without harming the person it represents, it is necessary to sever the magical link to the person. This is done by "unmaking" the doll. The first step is taking its Name. Address the doll as if it were the person it represents, then tell it "You are not [person]." Repeat this statement as a chant as you take the doll apart. Carefully remove any "facial features" you might have added and put them aside. Cut away the seams that hold the doll together and remove the stuffing. If you can find the nail parings or hair etc. from the person, then remove them as well. Otherwise, just spread the stuffing out. The poppet is now "unmade" and no longer affects the spell recipient. The components can be disposed of in whatever manner you like, but should never be used for any other magical purpose. I am new here and would love to hear more on this topic.:)

Vir Sapiens
03-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Poppet magic is one of those universal threads that run throughout the magical world. The "voodoo doll" is probably the best known form of poppet magic. There is a lot of pretty good information online about it. If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to help you if I can.

monsterbetty
03-24-2010, 12:23 PM
is it possible vir sapiens that a being could have millions of his soul cloaned in such a aray that voodoo dolls are used to create a balance after its evolution time

Are you asking if you can gather and repair a "shattered" soul by way of a voodoo doll?

Wolf
03-24-2010, 05:02 PM
I usually go about this by entrapping the figure (I generally use clay) within an orb so it's energies cannot escape. The next steps will get progessively harder the longer you allow your figure to live. Severe any ties it has to any entities, so that all it's energies are contained within it's orb. This can be accomplished in a number of methods. I usually just 'force' it back to it's figure (which requires you, as the master and creator, to maintane a constant control of your creation.). More conventional methods, such as chanting, paper burning, or whatnot will also work. The important thing to remember is any tools you use are just that. Tools. Something to aid in achieving your desired goals. The tools themselves aren't really that important, but that the intention and focus are clear.
I then will chant a prayer type of phrase, of how my figure was made from the earth, and so shall it return to it's sacred Mother, and prepairing anylife my figures have developed for the return to ether from which it came. Next comes the destruction of the figure. This tends to go along with how and what they performed. A 'good' one that performed well will have a more gentle departure. Such as resting in a river bank and letting Mother gently wash away the current form and taking back what is Hers. For a more vile figure, pyrotechnics have been known to send some wretched creations on a fiery departure.