PDA

View Full Version : Satanism and Guardian Demons?

lightbearer
03-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I know that Satanists have a hierarchy of Demons. But what I want to know is that do we have a guardian Demon as well as a guardian angel? What is your guardian demons or patron demons name? How do we find out our guardian demon / patron demons names? What do Satanists believe about their demons?

StarlessAeon
03-08-2009, 09:15 PM
This is a bit of a tricky question. I cannot speak for all Satanists, but the demons you call forth in ritual may simply be names for parts of your subconscious. Some Satanists may view these demons/entities as literal while other do not. Frankly, as long as the ritual serves it's purpose, I don't really care one way or another. Something to consider instead of relying on belief.

I've never heard of any Satanists having a "guardian demon or angel" though. Crowley (who was not a Satanist however) spoke of Conversation with the Holy Guardian Angel, which is basically your higher self, not a separate distinct entity.

Is this what you are referring to?

Goth_Queen
03-13-2009, 01:51 AM
I know that Satanists have a hierarchy of Demons. But what I want to know is that do we have a guardian Demon as well as a guardian angel? What is your guardian demons or patron demons name? How do we find out our guardian demon / patron demons names? What do Satanists believe about their demons?

Are you new to this path? ;)
I heard of a technique that can help you contact your Guardian demon. Here is how it goes: You need a pendulum and a pendulum board, this will be the method of contact. You can make these ritual materials yourself. Its kind of like a Quija board....
For the letters on your pendulum board, I'm not sure which language you should use, i have read that Ancient Hebrew or the Enochian language is the official language of the angels and demons. I guess you could use Enochian lettering, there's a website where you can download the whole alphabet, at least get access to it. You have to put yourself into a trance-like state, and perhaps start asking how many letters are in his name...and if it starts with A, B, C....
You will have to channel your board of what means yes and no, like if your pendulum moves to the right and if it means yes...its up to you.

dannerz
03-13-2009, 07:25 PM
First of all, what is a 'demon'?
The word has different meanings depending on what culture, belief and era of time the context is in.

There are many kinds of spirits, species and personalities.
Some are benevolent, many are not.
If you want to find a scaley horned man that is willing to protect you, in some far away plane, you might be able to do it. You might find bad **** instead.

There's on single theory about this.

Altpath
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
There are grimoires that mention daemons guarding people, their professions, etc. And they change as you change in life (like when you get another job).
Check out the Pauline Art, in the Lemegeton.

Not necessarily what you're asking, but along the same lines I think.

lightbearer
03-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the information .

Enlilki
03-23-2009, 05:36 AM
I agree with dannerz and starless.

There are too many versions of Satanism today, depending on which one you wish to delve into will change the way you look at "demons". Some versions will disregard "demons" entirely as being nothing more than a metaphor.
Other versions are open for individualistic ideas to create your own little system within a larger established system.

What Goth said is too open for my liking... sure it can work but any kind of pendulum/ouija work is working with an open portal for most users. This means the answer you get will come from your own thoughts, a "demon", a general spirit etc. Absolute gibberish can come through and the person can think it is a "Demon" because that was their purpose of using the pendulum/ouija......This isn't a rule but highly possible and quite common.

I'm not a Satanist and I don't believe they will be your guardian in the way that they will come when called and protect you from all negativity. If you wish to believe they are real energies not part of your subconscious then treat them the way they deserve... go to them for guidance and learning.

Diabolos11
08-12-2009, 07:47 PM
I Was a member of a Traditional Satanist group here in the UK in the 90s and as part of my self-initiation I had to choose a Gaurdian Demon. Which I kind of did at random. It was an incredible experience. it was the first ritual I'd ever done and it was exhilerating(sp?). I also felt my chosen demons presence and did so quite strongly for weeks to come.

Now this may not of been the right way to do things, but if it works, what the hell!? I'd say though spend time studying demons first, see if one stands out and you think yeah I'll go with that one, then meditate on the demon, it's image, description, sigil etc before doing a formal ritual. Looking at the work of the demonolatry people at the OFS may be a good idea.

Or you could go mad like me and jump straight in!

Altpath
08-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Diabolos11, that's awesome :)
Sometimes a chance meeting like that is meant to be. I tend to think destiny is a corny concept but there are times that I just get slapped in the face with it. Something similar to your experience happened to me and I've been very happy about it.

MrK, Hmm, I thought all versions were the same, but I just checked my joe peterson version of the pauline art. In there it says angel, and in the Rudd version it says daemon.

Whore_of_the_black_abyss
08-15-2009, 04:00 AM
I'm not sure as to whether people have guardian angels or demons or not, but I do know that I feel a certain connection to certain ones, which makes me think that I could probably have a greater connection with some more than others.
I feel a special affinity with Astaroth (who some people believe is actually the ancient near east goddess, Astarte and I tend to agree with this), and I also feel drawn towards Baal (especially the form of Baal Hammon).

Leithalia
09-15-2010, 10:12 AM
well... i know that i have a "guardian demon" ... tho i think the word demon is greatly mis formed.. their really spirits... in my believe... "angels" are the real demons...
but yeah
my "guardian demon" is probably most commonly known as Metziltli tho she also go's under the names Leithalia (thats the name she used when she introduced herself to me) and Licialithae ... she is revered to as "goddess of night" the Greek "goddess" Nyx is probably the name the masses would know her as.. seeing as how that one is on wikipedia...

Ave Satanas

Light
09-15-2010, 01:50 PM
In one M.W Fords writings it describes Deamons or later called Demons, as what they initially were seen as 'protection spirits'...It's intersting that through christianity it was defined as evil apparently. If this is the case and therefore people still refer to them, as evil or bad, how sad really, as that was not how they were preceived a long time ago. It's amazing how one religion can have such an impact on the whole way people view things.
I personally see them as spirits and they all have a place...:)

grbree
09-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Oh there are quite a few good demons and quite a few evil angels, it doesn't matter what they are they both still have thier good and bad and each individual their own good and bad side, as above so below.

If anything i have met more nice and good intentioned demons than i have angels (partly because i don't deal with angels freqeuntly but i still communicate with them just to talk and on occasion learn)

The catholic and christian religion demonizes EVERY other religion hat was around during and before it's invention, they feared them and still do and their fear will ultimatley destroy them.

Baah_Baah_Black_Sheep
09-15-2010, 10:45 PM
The demon thing is different for everybody.

Personally, I don't believe in guardian demons/angels, they have their own business to take care of, and highly doubt they will bother to 'guard' us from anything. Seriously, why should they? What all special cosmic rule says other beings have to help us in our daily lives?

Don't get me wrong, maybe if you have some kind of friendship with a demon they will help you out if they wished to, but actual 'guardian demons?" Nada. We wouldn't be able to develop spiritually if someone was holding our hands the whole time.