PDA

View Full Version : Luciferian Witchcraft?

lightbearer
03-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Does anyone own the book Luciferian Witchcraft by Michael W Ford? Is it any good? What is it like?

EtuMalku
03-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Ford's works are packed full of information worthy of further study and a lot of insight, though not always written well.
I have most of his books and recommend them.

Red Serpent
03-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Ford's works are packed full of information worthy of further study and a lot of insight, though not always written well.
I have most of his books and recommend them.

I agree - he writes in a chaotic way but gives you great points and info. He is a bit hard to read if you are a beginner. I googled a lot while reading :rolleyes:

StarlessAeon
03-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I own this book along with his "Book of the Witch Moon".

I can say that I don't highly recommend his work. His "formulas" and philosophy are basically a mish-mash of other groups. His influences are shown so much in his writing, it verges on plagurism at times.

His style is also not very well written or edited. It seems he relies on reciting various "buzz words" over and over instead of actually explaining a concept that is better described by the groups he is influenced by.

The most interesting part of his books are the journals of his own experiences, rituals, dreams and astral travels - not the underlining philosophy he tries to set forth which is explained better elsewhere.

This is only my personal opinion, however.

redhand
03-08-2009, 10:51 PM
I have read some of this authors essays but, I have not read his books. Some of what he says seems interesting but, he doesn't clarify his principles well!IMHO

devakxes
01-22-2010, 08:13 PM
I think the books are as people have said - in need of much editing.

However I think that the books are worth reading.

Luciferian Witchcraft ... the book... is a lot more about the philosophy of the system. I have yet to read '' Book of the Witch Moon'' but will one of these days.

My response to the idea of it being a mesh of many systems. Yes it is to a degree. This is because it was based on the principles of Chaos Magick ( which is why a lot of his books are more philosophy based ... actual rituals and such are more of examples of how you could bring about such an experience).

So it is meshed with many systems but it always focuses around the advancement of knowledge within the practitioner, the empowerment of the practitioner, as well as the increased awareness of the divinity within yourself....

CH10A
05-27-2010, 10:50 PM
For the beginner, in regards to Michael Ford's works, it may be of use to take down key elements from various books to gather a clearer picture for your desired growth through Luciferian Witchcraft. In my experience, Liber HVHI, The Bible of the Adversary and Beginning Luciferian Magic were the best starting places, though this will certainly vary between individuals in both personal desire and past experience.

Along with keeping a hand written journal of your progress, this separate journal of key points of focus copied from those works can prove to be very beneficial. I have done such with a blank hardcover journal I obtained from a local bookstore - something I can bring with me in public arenas without bringing much attention to it's diabolically provocative nature.

You will find that there are many errors in the writings, as has been stated, but deciphering and correcting it for yourself can be worth the effort in so far as correlating the many aspects of the path, and your chosen direction therein is concerned.

devakxes
05-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Have you worked with the Qlippoth?
Any suggestions with this?

I have begun working with it as in Liber HVHI and realize it is a lot like ''reverse kabbalah'' in some aspects. I'm working on the first sphere right now. Plan to go to Gamaliel on Tuesday.

Baah_Baah_Black_Sheep
09-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I recommend it for information, though personally I didn't find anything useful in it for myself.

Baah_Baah_Black_Sheep
09-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I ordered mine from Chapters.

Light
09-11-2010, 11:50 PM
I think Fords works seems like a good starting point, an introduction to Luciferian witchcraft and the concepts....

Light
09-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Wow, how did you get that..?

EtuMalku
09-12-2010, 01:47 AM
I assure you all that M. Ford's books are more than 22 pages like the pdf. file shows.

EtuMalku
09-12-2010, 01:52 AM
But you said you never read any of his books, so how can you say the pdf sums them up?

devakxes
09-12-2010, 07:06 AM
Go to Scribd

That website can get you a lot of his books. Type in the author or type in the name of the boook you are searching for.

BlackShroud
12-30-2010, 04:44 PM
It has been noted that he uses incompatible formulae in some of his workings, i.e. using the more Judaic Names of Power, along with some mistranslations when it comes to the Qlippoth. Nonetheless, he is doing more to advance information on Luciferianism than most. I have actually read more ABOUT his books than I have his actual writing, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

devakxes
01-02-2011, 07:19 PM
I haven't seen any of these Judaic names of power in his writings. Michael W. Ford only has problems in his writings when it comes to grammatical error. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with his teachings. Most of his work requires you to understand his philosophy...