PDA

View Full Version : Dark Tarot

Ulvblod ov Fenrir
03-10-2009, 12:40 AM
I found a pretty good list of 'darker' tarot cards listed on this website and I wanted to share with you all.

Tarot Cards - Dark & Gothic (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/dark-gothic.shtml)

Please list and discuss any 'dark' tarot decks not listed or give a short review of any decks that you have used.

I have the Necronomicon tarot and the artwork is great. Aside from that I only have the Crowley Thoth and Rider Waite decks (both I would not consider 'dark'). Another deck I liked and once owned was the Luigi Scapini Medieval Tarot. The artwork on that deck is very cool.

isis
03-10-2009, 04:57 AM
I found a pretty good list of 'darker' tarot cards listed on this website and I wanted to share with you all.

Tarot Cards - Dark & Gothic (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/dark-gothic.shtml)

Please list and discuss any 'dark' tarot decks not listed or give a short review of any decks that you have used.

I have the Necronomicon tarot and the artwork is great. Aside from that I only have the Crowley Thoth and Rider Waite decks (both I would not consider 'dark'). Another deck I liked and once owned was the Luigi Scapini Medieval Tarot. The artwork on that deck is very cool.

i am new to tarot but i have a vampire tarot that i play with to get used to them..

Lokia_Zos
03-10-2009, 05:29 AM
I'm currently in the process of making a cut-up oracle card deck. It isn't based on tarot or anything, but some of the ones I've already made are pretty dark. Mainly the darker cards images are taken from video game and horror magazines

Ulvblod ov Fenrir
03-10-2009, 10:17 PM
That's pretty cool. I've always wanted to make my own tarot deck, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it I guess. Maybe I'll tinker around with Photoshop today and see what results.

redhand
03-10-2009, 10:44 PM
I use the Thoth deck mostly but, I do like the Archeon Tarot it reminds me of the Haindl deck without the runes (which I don't agree with the decks symbolism of).

isis
03-12-2009, 01:32 AM
I'm currently in the process of making a cut-up oracle card deck. It isn't based on tarot or anything, but some of the ones I've already made are pretty dark. Mainly the darker cards images are taken from video game and horror magazines

cool i would like to see a pic of the if you dont mind i love horror movies and the video games.. lol i love the dark side of everything i have ever in countered in my life time..

Enlilki
03-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Gothic Tarot (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/gothic-vargo/)

Nice artwork, cost an arm and a leg getting it shipped from the US to AU a few years ago. Artwork was admired but was hard to get a good feel from it, so it sat on the book shelf until I was in the right mood to play with them....

All is pretty good now, my partner who has done more tarot work likes the artwork too but hates the cards.

Balam_del_Monte
03-24-2009, 02:37 PM
I own the Tarot of the Dead.
The artwork is beautiful.

Mirfalan
05-28-2009, 03:48 AM
Wormweird Tarot (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/wormweird/)

Scorpius
06-30-2009, 10:57 PM
I have the Dark Grimoire Tarot. Whilst the imagery can be quite disturbing, I find the symbolism very subtle, but meaningful.

Dark Guardian
08-23-2010, 06:38 AM
The Gothic Tarot by Joseph Vargo was actually my first deck. I used it during my first year in the field. The cards look good, but the feeling while using it wasn't right. After a year and a half I bought the classic Raider-Weit deck, and for me it felt a lot better.

ArkhamQueen
12-13-2010, 03:51 PM
In Europe a Tarot Deck by H.R. Giger was published. It is about the Baphomet Tarot, with an additional Arkana - the Virus. It's message: He who is not willing to be inspired by the spirit, shall be infected.

Then there is the Akron Tarot; rather dark in relation to the classical Thoth Tarot by Crowley.. also with some additional Arkana, which point out to a certain dark matrialistic power.

BlackShroud
12-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Giger's Baphomet Tarot is dark and strikingly beautiful.

ArkhamQueen
12-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Yes, indeed it is