PDA

View Full Version : 'Powerful Magic Words' & 'The Book of Old Ones'

wizardscauldron
09-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Has anyone tried the rituals from the book 'Powerful magic Words' by Jason Pike or 'The Book of Old Ones' by Scorpio, both sold by Finbarr books. It would be great to correspond with anyone who has had results from the these books.

isis
09-08-2008, 11:33 PM
i naver hard about thies books and i think i am going to check them out. thinks for posting them. i like to read and try new things so i am goin to take a look and see if i would like them.

wizardscauldron
09-09-2008, 10:56 AM
i naver hard about thies books and i think i am going to check them out. thinks for posting them. i like to read and try new things so i am goin to take a look and see if i would like them.

Hello Isis

Ive been trying the rituals from the book of old ones by Scorpio & I have experienced tingling in my forehead & have seen flashes of light & orbs of light in my livivng room just as Scorpio said I would - waiting for results now

isis
09-09-2008, 08:04 PM
that sound interesting.

Harlock
09-10-2008, 02:50 PM
im afraid i havent and if i can ill get a hold of a copy and take a look, but sounds interesting

redhand
09-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Though the Necronomicon can be a usable system I would advise against it if you are new to Magic. The Necronomicon of Alhazred, (literally: "Book of Dead Names") is not, as is popularly believed, a grimoire, or sorcerer's spell-book. It was conceived as a history, and hence "a book of things now dead and gone". An alternative derivation of the word Necronomicon gives as its meaning "the book of the customs of the dead", but again this is consistent with the book's original conception as a history, not as a work of necromancy.

The Book of Old Ones describes “the ritual of the Old Ones,” which will help you “align yourself with the magical power of the Old Ones.” This seems like a really bad idea. Why would any sane person want to get closer to what Lovecraft called “abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy?”LOL This book begins with a brief introduction explaining the Mythos, and Scorpio's system of magic. This introduction makes it clear that Scorpio did not do his homework when it comes to the Mythos he bases his belief system upon. He links the Old Ones to the four elements as Derleth did, something Lovecraft never would have done. He also attributes the discredited “black magic” quote to Lovecraft.

I'm not sure if this book is supposed to be taken seriously. It reads like a parody in places. I mean, “The Deep Ones Helped Kevin N. Regain His Lost Virility?” "How the Byakhee can bring love into your life?" Can this be serious? Channeling servitors of Nyarlathotep to write a self-help book? The end result would be something like "The Book of Old Ones."

If any of this worked, it would get you eaten, or worse.LOL

Lady Dunsany
11-14-2008, 09:26 PM
NO. I have not.

isis
11-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Though the Necronomicon can be a usable system I would advise against it if you are new to Magic. The Necronomicon of Alhazred, (literally: "Book of Dead Names") is not, as is popularly believed, a grimoire, or sorcerer's spell-book. It was conceived as a history, and hence "a book of things now dead and gone". An alternative derivation of the word Necronomicon gives as its meaning "the book of the customs of the dead", but again this is consistent with the book's original conception as a history, not as a work of necromancy.

The Book of Old Ones describes “the ritual of the Old Ones,” which will help you “align yourself with the magical power of the Old Ones.” This seems like a really bad idea. Why would any sane person want to get closer to what Lovecraft called “abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy?”LOL This book begins with a brief introduction explaining the Mythos, and Scorpio's system of magic. This introduction makes it clear that Scorpio did not do his homework when it comes to the Mythos he bases his belief system upon. He links the Old Ones to the four elements as Derleth did, something Lovecraft never would have done. He also attributes the discredited “black magic” quote to Lovecraft.

I'm not sure if this book is supposed to be taken seriously. It reads like a parody in places. I mean, “The Deep Ones Helped Kevin N. Regain His Lost Virility?” "How the Byakhee can bring love into your life?" Can this be serious? Channeling servitors of Nyarlathotep to write a self-help book? The end result would be something like "The Book of Old Ones."

If any of this worked, it would get you eaten, or worse.LOL

i could not find any of the books mentched above but i gave up looking for them and i have read what you wrote and it helped me cause i jest wanted to see what they were about but i was not going to try anything from thouse book.. so thinks... :)

ZeldaFitz
12-23-2009, 07:36 PM
redhand parody is not the word.

Jarhog
01-01-2010, 12:00 AM
I don't know about the books from the first post but in using the things and ideas from Simon's Necronomicon I found that these entities demand your worship and you had better have absolute iron will to deal with them. They will also turn on you if they perceive a weakness. I also make it clear up front that I will not bend a knee to them and they are here to serve me. Last, if you work with them know how and be ready to shove them back into wherever they came from at the first sign that they are going to give you trouble. I kind of liken it to having a 500lb silver back gorilla to do your biding for you. You don't know what may make him turn on you.

10-22-2010, 04:53 AM
Funny how all of Finbarr Books (http://www.finbarrpublications.com) books "promise" to bring wealth, power, blah blah blah .. they sound desperate, especially when they are blatantly marketing to desperate emotions.

Example:
This easy-to-follow book reveals how the Six Messengers of Lucifer can help you to . . .
Obtain Riches and Success!
Make Any Woman Submit to Your Will!
Discover Hidden Secrets and Mysteries!
Avoid Being Seen!
Become Wise!
Learn a Foreign Language!
Be Reunited With a Lost Love!
Receive Money From Unknown Sources!
Achieve Honors and Fame!
Win the Friendship of Important People!

THE SIX MESSENGERS OF LUCIFER CARL NAGEL STARLIGHT on eBay (end time 13-Nov-10 21:12:20 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-SIX-MESSENGERS-OF-LUCIFER-CARL-NAGEL-STARLIGHT_W0QQitemZ140465937339QQcmdZViewItemQQssP ageNameZRSS:B:SILF:GB:101)

Zyrin
10-22-2010, 04:59 AM
Short, sweet and to the point: if it is based off Lovecraft's works, it is not good to do. Recall for a moment the people who did worship the Old Ones. All insane cultists. NOT something someone should even try doing. You never know, you may end up summoning a Shoggoth while attempting to worship Cthulhu and being eaten. Lovecraft wasn't writing pure fiction/horror there.

Seventh
04-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Has anyone tried the rituals from the book 'Powerful magic Words' by Jason Pike or 'The Book of Old Ones' by Scorpio, both sold by Finbarr books. It would be great to correspond with anyone who has had results from the these books.

Many years ago, as an egotistical, self-obsessed, power-hungry youth, I once chose to play with texts from the necronomicon too, considering such works to be the ideal tools to make me 'better' than I thought I was.

Fortunately, before too much damage was done, a benevolent person of High Standing took pity on me and chose to relieve me of these works.
They were [as near as could be to] the originals too and not clever misrepresentations for profit.

A far safer 'game' would be to obtain a revolver, place not one, but two bullets within the six-cylinder and play a round of 'Russian Roulette' with yourself.
The odds of survival [of Self] would be vastly increased this way and any resulting death would be far swifter and painless.

Sadly, as is testament to human nature, there are actually people in this world who would play Russian Roulette for real...and even think the experience 'fun'...for a time. I urge you not to be amongst their ranks.

BalanceDragon
08-17-2011, 05:12 PM
The "Necronomicon" by Simon is the greatest farce ever created. It hinges on the use of a book mentioned by HP Lovecraft in many of his fictional tales of occult horror, but aovoids the fact that Lovecraft himself had totally invented the book for the sake of those tales. Seoondly, Simon (not his real name of course) took ancient Sumerian texts and altered them to act as support for his invented religion/occult practice.
I have seen ceremonies used from his books, and those written in correlation to his creations, and have never once seen or experienced a result from them. Even from the most dire of all ceremonies. His book, and all those who have spun off of it are all false magics, and are based on nothing but bits and pieces of stolen idea merged with ancient writings that have nothing to do with them.
NOTHING will come eat you for doing anything from these books. In fact, nothing will happen at all.

angelheart
11-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Finbarr Intl now has an online site. If you're interested, go check them out. I'm thrilled. I have the Book of the Old Ones & only used it a cpl times. When I stopped using it, in one day a semi almost hit my eldest son & I & later that same evening a car almost smashed into my youngest son & I. It was crazy!! But, you might go & check the site out. It also lists their address.