PDA

View Full Version : A Rebirth, of sorts

OneArt
03-18-2009, 08:09 PM
There's been a lot of pressure on me this year with regards to study. Since I'm doing my Leaving Cert, I've little time for anything else, not to mention my spiritual practices. Whilst I still pray, and meditate when I have a spare hour, I haven't been studying or practising as much as I have before. I don't intend on starting again in the near future, not until I've finished my exams, but I want to mark it with a sort of ritual.

I did my self dedication three years ago when I was sixteen. I'd studied Wicca for a year and did the ritual, with a great sense of spiritual awareness, peace and a feeling of accomplishment. I've been toying with the idea of a "second dedication", but I don't think its the right concept. Dedication, in my case, was a once-off event which marked a new beginning in my life.

I'm thinking of doing some of sort of spiritual, devotional ritual to my gods, and to spirit, which will help me re-establish my connection with my spirituality once the exams are over. Two other witch-friends of mine are in the same position, and we've been thinking of doing one together.

Anyway, I'm interested in what others have to say about this idea, and if anyone else has some suggestions. To be honest, I've only a vague idea of what I'm grasping at, but I'm sure it'll come to me.

Some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Odin
03-18-2009, 09:50 PM
nothing wrong with doing the initiation ritual and add what you think is right for you, over the past years you have grown and have been continuing to read and gain the knowledge of the path that you chose, so take from the experiences and add !!

Lady Dunsany
03-18-2009, 09:52 PM
It will come to you. One day after totally feeling like giving up a light goes off and it will all fall together as it should be.

Balam_del_Monte
03-19-2009, 03:48 PM
a second dedication is great if you feel that you aren't ready for initiation, that way you still have time to think things over if you want

Nual123
01-13-2012, 02:19 PM
You could go through the second initiation.. or a rededication could be a great renewal of your spiritual journey, for me Wicca my faith is deeply spiritual and so close to me heart.. sometimes life makes us lose that close connection we have but as a witch we can re establish the connection we have with the goddess and god. Do whatever feels right to you. :)