PDA

View Full Version : Happy Ostara!

witch2468
03-19-2009, 11:13 AM
:) I know it's tomorrow but anyways. I've just done a fragrance oil floorwash in my house to get me in the right mood for tomorrow. If you, guys, are doing something special to celebrate Ostara please share. :)

Lady Dunsany
03-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Yes we are. My husband and I are doing a spring Equinox ritual for our order and all our animals are taking part. The usual meal and blessings and thanks . We are also scattering our Newfoundland's ashes in her favorite parts of the yard.

witch2468
03-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Sounds cool. What order do u belong to? Actually 'Easter' comes from 'Ostara' but the masses have been so brainwashed by Xtian indoctrination that most people don't realise this.

Lady Dunsany
03-20-2009, 07:30 PM
I know most of the pagan holidays were stolen NY the Christians. Do not get me started. We are doing a ritual for our GD order and throwing a little bit in for the pagan side.

redhand
03-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Happy Ostara everyone!

Ostara, also known as Eostre, Eostar, and Eostre, celebrates the rebirth of the earth. It occurs at the time as the Spring Equinox (March 20 or 21 in the Northern hemisphere and September 22 or 23 in the Southern hemisphere) and celebrates the return of spring and the balance of light and dark.

There are no ties to ancient customs. It is celebrated by modern Wiccans as one of the lesser sabbaths.

isis
03-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Happy ostara every one cant what to start my 13th year.. I am going to my garden and ask the mother earth for a good year..

Then i am going to do a little something for my self as well.. Have a good day...

Harlock
03-21-2009, 06:23 AM
im meeting up with a local druid group. they are having it at the park in a nearby town. should be fun,