PDA

View Full Version : Help add to the collection

Enlilki
03-24-2009, 01:47 PM
The list below hasn't been updated since last year, also haven't bought much recently either. My question is, what do you guys think the must have books are? The books you would suggest everyone should have in their collection.

Ritual Magic - E.M Butler, 1949
The Satanic Bible - Anton Lavey, 1969
The Satanic Rituals - Anton Lavey, 1972
Secrets of the Iching - J. Murphy, 1987
Necronomicon - 1980
Necronomicon Spellbook - 1998
Spiritual Growth, Being your higher self - S. Roman, 1989
White Spells - Ileana Abrev, 1999
The Complete book of Magic and Witchcraft - K. Paulsen, 1980
The Lost Book of Enki - Sitchin, 2002
Babylonian Magic and Sorcery, L.W. King, 2000
Sumerian Mythology - S.N. Kramer, 1972
The Reiki Sourcebook - B & F Steine, 2003
The Goetia, lesser key of solomon, 1995
Dreams - F&R Garfield, 1997
Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic - S. Cunningham, 2003
Encyclopedia of Gods - M. Jordan, 2002
The AntiChrists Bible, The Gospel According to Arnoume, D. Sinton, 2001
Lucifer Rising, Sin, Devil Worship - G. Baddeley, 1999
Complete Guide to Psychic Development - C. Eason, 2003
Ancient Teachings for Beginners - D. DeLong, 2000
The Key of Solomon the King, 2001
Communing with Spirits - M. Coleman, 1998
Opening to Spirit - C. Shola Arewa, 1998
The Complete Book of Astrology - C. Johnstone, 2003
Kundalini & The Chakras - G.C. Paulson, 2005
12th Planet - Sitchin, 1978
Gothic Grimoire - Konstantinos, 2002
Stairway to Heaven - Sitchin, 1978
Secrets of Chinese Astrology - D. Walters, 2003
Psychic Vampire Codex - M. Belanger, 2004
Way of Cartouche - M. Hope, 1985
Parkers Astrology - J&D Parker, 1996

redhand
03-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Magical Ritual Methods by William G. Gray
The Psychic Self Defense Training Manual by Marica L Pickands
Psychic Abilities by Marica L Pickands
Practice of Magic by by Draja Mickaharic
A Century of Spells by Draja Mickaharic
Develop your Psychic Skills by Enid Hoffman
Expand Your Psychic Skills by Enid Hoffman
Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon

Enlilki
03-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Fundamentals in Esoteric Philosophy by G de Purucker

This looks good, Amazon only has one review, seems to be rare and will definitely interest my partner.

Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon

Totally forgot about this book, had the pdf version of it last year, feels wrong reading a "book" in pdf format...

kimbal
03-31-2009, 09:31 AM
The list below hasn't been updated since last year, also haven't bought much recently either. My question is, what do you guys think the must have books are? The books you would suggest everyone should have in their collection.

Ritual Magic - E.M Butler, 1949
The Satanic Bible - Anton Lavey, 1969
The Satanic Rituals - Anton Lavey, 1972
Secrets of the Iching - J. Murphy, 1987
Necronomicon - 1980
Necronomicon Spellbook - 1998
Spiritual Growth, Being your higher self - S. Roman, 1989
White Spells - Ileana Abrev, 1999
The Complete book of Magic and Witchcraft - K. Paulsen, 1980
The Lost Book of Enki - Sitchin, 2002
Babylonian Magic and Sorcery, L.W. King, 2000
Sumerian Mythology - S.N. Kramer, 1972
The Reiki Sourcebook - B & F Steine, 2003
The Goetia, lesser key of solomon, 1995
Dreams - F&R Garfield, 1997
Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic - S. Cunningham, 2003
Encyclopedia of Gods - M. Jordan, 2002
The AntiChrists Bible, The Gospel According to Arnoume, D. Sinton, 2001
Lucifer Rising, Sin, Devil Worship - G. Baddeley, 1999
Complete Guide to Psychic Development - C. Eason, 2003
Ancient Teachings for Beginners - D. DeLong, 2000
The Key of Solomon the King, 2001
Communing with Spirits - M. Coleman, 1998
Opening to Spirit - C. Shola Arewa, 1998
The Complete Book of Astrology - C. Johnstone, 2003
Kundalini & The Chakras - G.C. Paulson, 2005
12th Planet - Sitchin, 1978
Gothic Grimoire - Konstantinos, 2002
Stairway to Heaven - Sitchin, 1978
Secrets of Chinese Astrology - D. Walters, 2003
Psychic Vampire Codex - M. Belanger, 2004
Way of Cartouche - M. Hope, 1985
Parkers Astrology - J&D Parker, 1996

Hi; I had many of those books some years ago ( and still have a few now listed above ) after years of collecting and moving house numerous times, lost the lot, some 3000 books, many were on magick and the occult, after a bitter marrital break up in some years ago.

As for - MUST HAVE BOOKS - my suggestion is this, which is what I do now. Get a USB stick say about 4GB in size or a small USB hard drive and down load as many books from the internet as you can find for FREE. Don't pay for anything as your often throwing good money away on books you latter regret buying. The thrill of getting it for free is also a challenge, but I can live without guilt since the system owns me big time for what I have lost in the past. Attain for yourself a good internet connection and a fast small lap top computer, with a large external memory storage unit. Now 1 Terrabyte hard drives are quite cheap too but can be easily damaged if dropped loseing one's collection quite easily.

Websites like > Twilit Grotto -- Esoteric Archives (http://www.esotericarchives.com) < is a good place to start, or sites on Ancient Gnostic and Pseudographical Texts such as at > www.ancient texts.org < or > Internet Sacred Text Archive Home (http://www.sacred-texts.com) < are also fine. These are free and supply a lot of the basic reference sources without much effort to down load.

Free general PDF book sites such as - Scribd (http://www.scribd.com) - is a good place to start for Occult publications like Necronomicon ( copy by Peter Levenda or SIMON's Edition ) and Lavey's Satanic Bible; etc.

Spirit will lead you to what is necessary to have FOR YOU. It depends on your life path and what research you are seeking to uncover. I have unfortunately, found a lot of books I have paid good money for in years past to be a crock of S*** and not used enough to justify the cost and weight of transportation between residences. Crowley and Kenneth Grants Triologies are an example of such garbage, despite their cult following and collectability of these items, which contain some bits and pieces of useful stuff. Similarly I have only heard Schueler's Books on Enochian Magick are not very good value - BUT again, it depends on what your seeking.

Other books have been of great reference value but far too costly to even buy as second hand items, since they are specialized academic text books ( ie - Ancient And Near Eastern Texts; 1950 by Pritchard about $200 USD new price weighs about 3 KG and is a BIG book ). My own copy I lost and never had the money to replace it. It's not on the internet either - that I can find.

On a USB stick I carry a whole library of reference books and print out only what I need for immediate research - reading the bulk of it on a lap top computer with a good large screen - you can read in bed if you wish on a lap top.

As much as I like hardcopies of real books, for the first time in human history it is now realistic and practical to carry literally thousands of heavy reference books in your pocket, on a single memory stick for quick access on any small computer manking them easy to move at a minutes notice and take anywhere. Admittedly these books are in soft copy format and can be corrupted with viruses and computer crashes etc - but it is assumed you back up your copies with disks, USB sticks, or setionalized memory in the hard drives.

Many of the books worth having are now on the net for free. As you become more knowledgeable, you quickly discern the rubbish from the good stuff. Books I years ago believed were worth having, such as Kenneth Grant's Books, I would now pass them by as not so worth while unless I find them for a dollar or two, as I have with some Crowley items.

WHY do I not vrecoment these books, because I have since found serious errors in Grants writings because of his method and system of counting numbers. A simple example is - he claims the dark side of the kabbalistic tree is the realm of The Great Old Ones, which are the Quippoloth. Also he claims - Kutulu is Dagon. Both conclusions are misleading due to errors in the Hebrew numerology he uses.
So on that basis I would not recomend Grant's books on the Old Ones for serious research. This does not mean they are totally useless no they have some value in various places. When I initally bought these books at top dollar some years ago, I did not know this and thought I had a small gold mine. Now they sit out in garage in a box never used, as do my few Crowley books, UFO publications, and other semi-references.

When you start to channel stuff through you also access another information feild, and also get advice as to what is worth having and why other stuff is in error. If such claims can be verified with some sort of certifiable proof well and good; otherwise I encourage one to think for themselves, question everything and not accept what is told them in channelings on face value, as much of that can also be garbage. Balance needs to be exercised between the intellect and the intuition, the rational mind and the spirit.

I trust this makes your descision a little easier.

For more information email me at - [email protected]

Kimbal.

Zerathul
03-31-2009, 03:36 PM
if you are familiar with downloading stuff via torrents... check on thepiratebay.org look for torrents by Digimob... in the search bar type Digimob... u'll get list with all the torrents by them... they have added torrents with total of 5000+ eBooks... i'm sure people can find pretty much anything they need there.

isis
03-31-2009, 06:35 PM
I NEED THIS BOOKS
The following forms an incomplete reading list:

•Peter J Carroll
◦Liber Null and Psychonaut. This is the original manual of the IOT. It contains Liber MMM, which is the training schedule for entry into the IOT.
◦Liber Kaos. This book contains Liber Pactionis, the description of the Pact of the IOT. (Both books pub. Samuel Weiser)
•Dave Lee Chaotopia (£10 available from Chaos International, BM Sorcery London WC1N 3XX)
•Phil Hine
◦Prime Chaos
◦Condensed Chaos (available from Chaos International)
•Ramsey Dukes - any of his brilliant meditations on magick
•Jan Fries Visual Magic (pub. Mandrake Press, PO Box 250 Oxford OX1 1AP, UK) excellent material on semi-automatic drawing methods and sigilization.

isis
03-31-2009, 07:07 PM
i need them and i am looking for them a friend sent me to a site were i an required to read those books.

Strider
03-31-2009, 08:27 PM
I NEED THIS BOOKS
The following forms an incomplete reading list:

•Peter J Carroll
◦Liber Null and Psychonaut. This is the original manual of the IOT. It contains Liber MMM, which is the training schedule for entry into the IOT.
◦Liber Kaos. This book contains Liber Pactionis, the description of the Pact of the IOT. (Both books pub. Samuel Weiser)
•Dave Lee Chaotopia (£10 available from Chaos International, BM Sorcery London WC1N 3XX)
•Phil Hine
◦Prime Chaos
◦Condensed Chaos (available from Chaos International)
•Ramsey Dukes - any of his brilliant meditations on magick
•Jan Fries Visual Magic (pub. Mandrake Press, PO Box 250 Oxford OX1 1AP, UK) excellent material on semi-automatic drawing methods and sigilization.

Some of the books on your list can be downloaded from here my friend : Scribd (http://www.scribd.com) will let you know if i find the rest

isis
03-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Thank you my friend hope to talk to you soon after your net quites being an ass. Lol

chronazon
04-01-2009, 09:43 AM
the book of results by ray sherwin
scott cunningham's book of incense oils and brews
Yogi Ramacharaka- the life beyond death
Aliester Crowley- knox om pax
William Walker Atkinson (ramacharaka) Mind power, the secret of mental magic
I agree with Lady D. On the black arts by cavendish, my friend just gave me a copy and said it was his grandma's its great.
the kybalion by three Initiates
an ephermeris
liber HVHI by Micheal Ford.
masterpath divine science of light and sound
at the feet of the master
high magic published by lewellyn
any druid herbal guide especially a druids herbal, guide to the sacred earth year one
wheels of life, the ultimate chakra book
wheels of light great for color magic both published by lewellyn
the harmonic philosophy trilogy with harmonics of evolution, the great psychological crime and the great work
the book of the sacred magic of abramelin the mage
medicine of the Cherokee, the way of right relationship by Garrett
esoteric orders and their work by Dion Fortune
Mental Chemistry and the master key program by Charles Hanell
advanced chakra healing and cancer is a good one
of water and the spirit by Malidoma Patrice Some (african religion)
the first Wiccian book I owned was Earth Air fire and water by Cunningham. I would definitly reccomend this for kids just starting out.

Lokia_Zos
04-22-2009, 09:00 AM
The Book of Pleasure-AOS
The Zoetic Grimoire of Zos-AOS
The Logomachy of Zos-AOS
Tao Te Ching
The I-Ching
Chuang Tzu
Anything by Ramsey Dukes
Azoetia-Andrew Chumbley
The Ninth Arch-Kenneth Grant (I really don't like any of his other books, but this one really kept me reading)
The Book of the Law
The Goetia
A Personal Grimoire

Rosalyn
04-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Maxine the witch queen Maxine Sanders

King of the witches June Johns

Anything by the Farrars

Expanding horizons James A Long

PRAXIS
05-14-2009, 07:09 PM
LASHTAL

Hello again group. Well, I thought about it. I have put together a listing of what I have with their respective titles. I have more that are being shipped to me from a person in canada. (mostly hardbound over 30 volumes)

Black Lodge of SantaCruz
Calls 2 (enochian calls)
The goetia
The Greater Key of Solomon
Initiation Into Hermetics by Franz Bardon
Liber 1 Liber B Vel Magi Sub Figura 1
Liber 2 The Message of the Master Therion
Liber 5 Liber V vel Reuli
Liber 6 Liber O Vel Manus et Sagittae Sub Figura VI
Liber 7 Liber Liberi Vel Lapidis Lazuli
Liber 8 Being a working concering the HGA
Liber 9 Liber E Vel Exercitiorum sub figura IX
Liber 10 Liber Porta Lucis sub figura X
Liber 11 Liber NU
Liber 13 Vel Graduum Montis Abiegni
Liber 16 Liber Turris vel Domus Dei sub figura XVI
Liber 24 De Nuptiis Secretis Cum Hominibus
Liber 25 The Ritual of the Star Ruby
Liber 28 The Ceremony of the Seven Holy Kings
Liber 30 Liber Librae
Liber 31 by Fr. Achad (Charles Stansfield Jones)
Liber 33 An Account of A.’.A.’.
Liber 36 The Ritual of The Star Saphire
Liber 36 (notes part 1)
Liber 36 (notes part 2)
Liber 44 The Mass of The Phoenix
Liber 46 The Key of The Mysteries By Eliphas Levi
Liber 49 The Collected Writings of Jack Parsons
Liber 52 Manifesto of The Order of the Occidental Templar Knights By Baphomet XI
Liber 60 The Abuldiz Working
Liber 61 Liber LXI vel Causae A.’.A.’. The Preliminary Lection including the History Lection
Liber 64 Liber Israfel
Liber 65 Liber LXV Liber Cordis Cincti Serpente sub figura ADNI
Liber 66 Liber Stellae Rubeae A Secret Ritual of APEP, The Heart of IAO-OAI
Liber 73 The Urn
Liber 74 LIBER LXXIV LIBER TESTIS TESTITUDINIS
Liber 77 Liber OZ
Liber 78 The Tarot a description of the cards and their use.
Liber 81 Moonchild
Liber 84 Liber Chanokh
Liber 90 LIBER TZADDI VEL HAMVS HERMETICVS SVB FIGVRÂ XC
Liber 93 The Fountain of Hyacinth
Liber 100 AGAPE vel LIBER C vel AZOTH Sal Philosophorum
Liber 101 BAPHOMET XI° Liber CI {Book 101} Ordo Templi Orientis
Liber 106 Concerning Death
Liber 111 Liber Aleph The Book of Wisdom or Folly
Liber 124 Of Eden and the Sacred Oak:
and of the Greater and Lesser Hospitality of the O.T.O.
Liber 150 De Lege Libellum
Liber 156 LIBER CHETH VEL VALLVM ABIEGNI
Liber 161 Concerning the Law of Thelema
Liber 165 A Master of The Temple
Liber 175 Astarte Vel Liber Berylli
Liber 185 Collegii Sancti Tasks of the Grades and their Oaths proper to Liber XIII
Liber 194 Liber CXCIV O.T.O. An Intimation with Reference to the Constitution of the Order BAPHOMET XI°

Liber 200 Liber Resh vel Helios
Liber 206 Liber RV vel Spiritus sub figura CCVI
Liber 207 A SYLLABUS OF THE OFFICIAL INSTRUCTIONS OF THE A∴A∴
Liber 220 Liber Al Vel Legis The Book of The Law.
Liber 231 The Aright and Averse of the Atu of Thoth on The Tree.
Liber 300 Khabs am Pekht
Liber 312 LIBER A VEL ARMORVM
Liber 325 AN EVOCATION OF BARTZABEL THE SPIRIT OF MARS
Liber 333 The Book of Lies
Liber 341 Liber HHH sub figura CCCXLI. CONTINET CAPITULA TRIA: MMM, AAA, ET SSS.
Liber 343 AMRITA Some Comments on the Elixir of Life
Liber 367 DE HOMUNCULO EPISTOLA
Liber 370 Liber A’Ash Vel CAPRICORNI PNEVMATICI
Liber 400 Liber TAV vel KABBALÆ T R I V M LITERARVM
Liber 414 DE ARTE MAGICA
Liber 418 The Vision and The Voice
Liber 474 Liber OS ABYSMI vel DAATH
Liber 536 Liber Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Liber 555 Liber HAD
Liber 570 ARARITA
Liber 700 Liber Vesta
Liber 777 A classic work of Kabbalistic Attributions
Liber 813 ARARITA
Liber 850 The Rites of Eleusis
Liber 868 Liber VIARVM VIAE
Liber 913 LIBER Tau-Yod-Shin-Aleph-Resh-Bet (ThIShARB) VIAE MEMORIAE
Liber 1151 MINERVAL STUDY PROGRAM
Luciferian Goetia
The Magick Revival
Nightside of Eden by Kenneth Grant
The Greater Key of Solomon 2
Black Lodge of SantaCruz

I hope this can be of some use to those interrested. If you wish any of these I can send them to you via email. just send me a request in private. Thank you.

Respectful Regards,
Praxis

LASHTAL