PDA

View Full Version : Is there a limit to the number of sigils?

ninfan
03-26-2009, 06:32 PM
I was wondering if there is a limit to the number of sigils. Can i make a sigil daily? Would my subconscious be 'burdened'? & if a daily sigil is too much, is there an optimum number of sigils per week/month or anything like that? I know that its very difficult to have even an approximate number/schdule for optimum sigils but is doing it every day all right? Also let me clarify one thing, by daily sigils i dont mean to make new sigils for the same purpose everyday, but new sigils for different purposes.
BTW, correct me if I am wrong but OAS doesn't say anything about the limit/number of sigils but neither does he say that it is unlimited

redhand
03-26-2009, 11:01 PM
No there's no limit except your own imagination. You could make a bunch one day then activate them later when you don't remember what they were actually designed for originally, that can help with forgetting!LOL

chronazon
04-06-2009, 02:47 AM
as a person who sees astrological sigils, or very recognizable variations of them, for what ever mental energy situation is present at the time, and they morph intricatly in seconds, with varied branches and such, I then must tell you that the astrological sigils, the common set of them, are very real, and done in an exacting manner, and are the whole pojnt really to most work, in the spheres of the Kaballah or elsewhere.

sigil encoding is something I am still learning, but to even sketch what some of these things look like is somethign I have yet to do . i need to keep painting. just started painting again. I will apply sigilization techniqs frmo the book of results and see what can happen with that. I will post a pic of the painting(s) when I complete it.

controlledchaos
06-06-2010, 04:07 AM
I would think there is no limit per se. However it would depend on your mental energy and toughness. Besides your subconscious would probably let yopu kno if you taxing your self too hard. if you listen

Jarhog
06-06-2010, 04:47 AM
When I was in school I would sit in a downtown diner and build thought forms with sigils to program them to help me in the work I needed to do that day. A cup of coffee for a focal point of my meditation, some Nox Arcana on the headphones, and the energy of the city and I'm set. I would usually set them to dissipate when the task was done or the end of the day. By the time I got to the library to do my research, I could just walk up to the shelf and grab the book I needed. I don't think I ever needed to make one for the same thing two days in a row. I always figured that if I did not have them dissipate I would end up with energies conflicting and I would get confused.