PDA

View Full Version : Whats a Good book on witchcraft for a solitary male?

Wretch
04-09-2009, 07:32 AM
I am not exactly new to magick or witchcraft exactly but the books I did read on witchcraft were more geared towards groups and or women, it doesnt seem right to be invoking the goddess etc. I was wondering what a good book would be, I would like one that gives a male or gender neutral full moon and new moon ritual, I realize the moon is feminine but theres gotta be something for men out there. If the book is all gender neutral thats fine as long as its solitary. I have looked on amazon and seen the books by A.J. Drew but there seems to be some nasty reviews about his books. I dont need a beginners book for the theory but some of the more basic rituals would be good. I also dont like fluff if thats possilbe. I guess just cunninghams solitary book? would that be good for me?
Please help, I would really like to start practicing more.

Lady Dunsany
04-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Scott Cunningham Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, or Raymond Buck land's book which my husband calls the big blue book.

Balam_del_Monte
04-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Sons of the Goddess by Christopher Penczak is good one

chronazon
04-09-2009, 02:52 PM
the Necronomicon is a great book, although very creepy and real. It offers a moon cycle based celibacy and ritual magic system made to open the gates to the seven planets visible from earth in ancient times, the classical seven. it does come from a certain cultural background, but the rituals can be for anyone. I guess it depends on how lonely you are. it was great for awhile but its been so long for me it was harder to keep celibate. the pope is celibate because the necronomicon system originally came from sumaria, and after the devestating genocide in which the pyramids were built as punishment, the Sumarians/before they were jews, settled in the holy land, where property rights arguments continue to this day
simon's necronomicon line of books is a good one

redhand
04-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Well lets see you say you have a bit of experience so, why not Mastering Witchcraft, Mastering Herbalism also anything by R. J. Stewart, Draja Mickaharic and, Tarostar. Ancient Wisdom: The Master Grimoire by Pat Kirven Sawyer is also another good one based on the old Malcom Mill's course.

Great American Desert
04-11-2009, 02:20 AM
redhand, agreed. Mastering Witchcraft is the best book of Witchcraft in my view, namely because it is not at all Wiccan. It is real Witchcraft, as opposed to that purveyed by those who are more interested in focusing their energies on convincing the world that they're not Satanic.

chronazon
04-11-2009, 09:43 PM
the necronomicon isn't satanic, it is just a manual for detachment from worldly things.