PDA

View Full Version : Dowsing

Innocent
04-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Dowsing is the action of a person who is called the dowser using a rod, stick or other device--called a dowsing rod, dowsing stick, doodlebug when used to locate oil or divining rod to locate things as underground water, hidden metal, buried treasure, oil, lost persons or even buried bodies.

You can use a pendulum, a forked stick or metal rods. This is very useful for yes and no questions. A pendulum can be anything really, from fishing a line and a small weight, to a necklace with a crystal on the end. As long as it can be held in the hand and dangled, it can pretty much be used. Dowsing is rather exciting when done with a pendulum because you can design your own charts for answers and it is really a very flexible tool.

Dowsing or water witching can be used to locate hidden water wells. Back in the days they would see it as something a witch would do that is why they gave it the name water witching.

Dowsing was originated in Germany during the 15th century for the use to find metals.

The technique spread to England with German miners who went there to work in the coal mines. During the Middle Ages dowsing was associated with the Devil. In 1662 dowsing was declared to be superstitious by a Jesuit, Gaspar Schott. In 1701 the Inquisition stopped the use of dowsing rods in trials.
Dowsing is one of the easiest ways to access a repository of unlimited knowledge, referred to by Carl Jung as the collective unconscious or the super conscious mind. You are gaining access to this library of unlimited knowledge through your Higher Self.

When you dowse, you are engaged in a dialog with your Higher Self and other spirit guides who are trying to assist you in obtaining the information you seek. You are asking a question in your mind that is most often framed with a yes or no answer.

Even though dowsing is known throughout history in this way to me the most important use of dowsing is to find hidden knowledge similar to the High Priestess in a way. To find knowledge that is hidden…would be a big adventure.

Dowsing has existed in various forms for thousands of years. The original may have been for divination purposes, to divine the will of the gods, to foretell the future and divine guilt in trials.

If you have had any experience or more information with Dowsing please share. We would like to hear more on all of your opinions also.

chronazon
04-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I took a dowsing class once. you can also dowse for minerals and elements in your body for health. it is limitd to nothing. you can charge water, do quantum healing etc
its really neat

chronazon
04-11-2009, 09:40 PM
there is this whole aspect to it called opening up the dowsing mind. before I took the class, I could find quartz, just by tuning in, I could dig into the side of a hillside up in the mountains, and find a piece of agate or on the beach, by feeling the crystal energy. I believe that you can tune in to energy to find anything within reason. i have found some gnarly things just by tuning in in differant ways.

serpent
04-12-2009, 01:16 AM
When i was young my grampa told me a stick of willow can be used to find water for a well. He knew someone who was very good at it apparently. He doesn't have any superstitious/religious beliefs, or anything like that. So i found it quite interesting.

chronazon
04-12-2009, 02:24 AM
i like willows, they are a neat tree
theres this story from the gnome book about a willow tree. never have found it in type. might type it myself someday. it actually parallels to some of William S Burroughs work, where the old writer sat there...

Innocent
04-12-2009, 03:06 AM
Hmm very nice. Thank you all for sharing on what you have experienced and learned.

kimbal
04-30-2009, 08:15 AM
Dowsing is the action of a person who is called the dowser using a rod, stick or other device--called a dowsing rod, dowsing stick, doodlebug when used to locate oil or divining rod to locate things as underground water, hidden metal, buried treasure, oil, lost persons or even buried bodies.

You can use a pendulum, a forked stick or metal rods. This is very useful for yes and no questions. A pendulum can be anything really, from fishing a line and a small weight, to a necklace with a crystal on the end. As long as it can be held in the hand and dangled, it can pretty much be used. Dowsing is rather exciting when done with a pendulum because you can design your own charts for answers and it is really a very flexible tool.

Dowsing or water witching can be used to locate hidden water wells. Back in the days they would see it as something a witch would do that is why they gave it the name water witching.

Dowsing was originated in Germany during the 15th century for the use to find metals.

The technique spread to England with German miners who went there to work in the coal mines. During the Middle Ages dowsing was associated with the Devil. In 1662 dowsing was declared to be superstitious by a Jesuit, Gaspar Schott. In 1701 the Inquisition stopped the use of dowsing rods in trials.
Dowsing is one of the easiest ways to access a repository of unlimited knowledge, referred to by Carl Jung as the collective unconscious or the super conscious mind. You are gaining access to this library of unlimited knowledge through your Higher Self.

When you dowse, you are engaged in a dialog with your Higher Self and other spirit guides who are trying to assist you in obtaining the information you seek. You are asking a question in your mind that is most often framed with a yes or no answer.

Even though dowsing is known throughout history in this way to me the most important use of dowsing is to find hidden knowledge similar to the High Priestess in a way. To find knowledge that is hidden…would be a big adventure.

Dowsing has existed in various forms for thousands of years. The original may have been for divination purposes, to divine the will of the gods, to foretell the future and divine guilt in trials.

If you have had any experience or more information with Dowsing please share. We would like to hear more on all of your opinions also.

This area was used by the Babylonians / Chaldeans as a form of channeling and divination. I have been useing it for almost 20 years now and have amassed a large body of knowledge from it. I manage to attain words of power from dowsing rods and virtually anything I want to know. Pendulums can be used the same way but too slow.

As for the words of power and language I communicate in, it has letters in English but the 2 or 3 lettered sylables are somewhat similar to Sumerian and Akkadian in pronunciation as far as I can tell. So for example the word - 'XUUL' means 'evil' in this language and it is pronounced in English as 'ZOOL' as you read it. The double letters "UU" are said as "OO" or 'W' in some cases. Another word example is the word "DU" which is said as "DOO" and means "die". All this I derived from divining rods.

I use to metal rods made from steel wire coat hangers and cut them to length with wire cutters. I have found these the most efficient and easiest to attain. Using sticks and plastic rods etc are not so good even if they work.

As for how I use the rods, I go into a deep trance, some times out of body and mentally ask questions to the spirits I summon. I sense theri presence and character and from the pictorial images I get in my mind as well as the feelings I get at the time I deduce the answers from the rods. I spend literally hours communicating in this state and usually at night in the early hours of the morning. I get suden flashes of insight and pictorial understandinsg which strike me like a brick in many cases. Even though the answers seem as "yes & no" replies to my questions, I don't treat them as such in all cases. With a little more dialogue I find the answer to be "this or that" to the question. MOST of the time I am close, or spot on. There are times where I have an answer but its in the opposite tense to what the reality is, as if I am reading everything in the reverse, like an image from a mirror.

With my use of a home made 'spell board', my partners short channelings and my own dowsing, and personal knowledge of the subject, I get the answer most of the time.

ninfan
05-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Instead of a pendulum for yes & no, can a thread attached to a small object, such as a stone be used?

ZeldaFitz
01-01-2010, 11:49 AM
I have a dowsing rod, but a pendulum works just as well for finding lost objects.

ZeldaFitz
01-01-2010, 01:41 PM
I used to use a pendulum. It kept giving me the wrong answers. Im pretty sure there was something there that was guiding it, but whatever it was was a little liar. lol. you can also burn a candle to find something and follow which way the wax dribbles. they're all a bit dubious but there's probably something to them.

Tolka, did you program the pendulum?

Asha Kaeed
01-04-2010, 12:44 PM
my grandma used to measure her blood pressure with a golden ring on a string, swinging along a metric line on her arm - it was surprisingly precise when compared to the measurements of the nowadays measure thing (not sure about its name)

mat.batak
06-22-2010, 02:38 PM

dowsing is really an ancient technique which is the basic learning for modern pendulum user.

here in indonesia we combine not only with tools but we also use hand and finger as a rod (replacing the wooden rod).

for my experience in using dowsing we have to reduce our mind, b'coz mind itself can bring greater effect on the result.

for example : if u saw a hat u only "see" the hat not think about a hat

happy practicing :)

mat.batak
06-22-2010, 02:42 PM
my grandma used to measure her blood pressure with a golden ring on a string, swinging along a metric line on her arm - it was surprisingly precise when compared to the measurements of the nowadays measure thing (not sure about its name)

its really fantastic :)