PDA

View Full Version : What should I do with her?

Vastarien202
04-13-2009, 02:03 AM
I was gifted with a real human skull today! While I rejoice to have such a powerful potential friend and ally, I am a tad nervous. I promised to treat her as if she was one of my own kin, with all the reverence and respect due to an ancestor, and am currently burning the best incense I have in her honor.
I will also offer her some of my supper when it's ready. Is this enough, or am I missing something which could make her happy? I have promised her that I will never use her in any ritual, nor will I try to master her soul.

The skull itself is rather old, I'd say 30-50 years old post-mortem, and somewhat damaged by the previous owner's children. She has a name, but whether or not it was really hers instead of one given to her, I do not know.
I have a Ouija board, but I have no desire to use it, as my neighbor committed suicide two days ago, and I do NOT want his spirit hanging around, as you may imagine.

So, any thoughts on what might be done to make my honored guest more comfortable?

Vastarien202
04-13-2009, 11:57 PM
I got the skull as a gift from a friend, who had aqquired it from a former medical student.
The student told him that the item in question had come from one who had left their body to science. More than that, I do not know, nor does he. She is currently in a place of honor in my home, and I already address her as "Grandmother". I had strange dreams last night, all unpleasant, but I don't think they come from her. I believe that they came only from my sub-conscious, which is kinda weirded-out by having a real skull in the house.
The one who gave her to me knew that I would take much better care of her than his relatives would, so now she's with me.

kimbal
04-19-2009, 07:44 PM
I was gifted with a real human skull today! While I rejoice to have such a powerful potential friend and ally, I am a tad nervous. I promised to treat her as if she was one of my own kin, with all the reverence and respect due to an ancestor, and am currently burning the best incense I have in her honor.
I will also offer her some of my supper when it's ready. Is this enough, or am I missing something which could make her happy? I have promised her that I will never use her in any ritual, nor will I try to master her soul.

The skull itself is rather old, I'd say 30-50 years old post-mortem, and somewhat damaged by the previous owner's children. She has a name, but whether or not it was really hers instead of one given to her, I do not know.
I have a Ouija board, but I have no desire to use it, as my neighbor committed suicide two days ago, and I do NOT want his spirit hanging around, as you may imagine.

So, any thoughts on what might be done to make my honored guest more comfortable?

I had a half skeleton and a skull which I aquired through the medical students at a magor University I worked in years ago. In fact one skull I found in the rubbish bin the students discarded it when cleaning out the office. It was in good condition other than missing its top skull cap and few teeth so, I used it as a drinking chalice for black magick rituals.

I have since lost them through circumstances - maybe a curse from the dead ??? REAL Skeletons are legally attainable if you go through the right channels and pay a good price for such, a human skull alone can cost around $1000 dollars each - but honestly the ones from the illegal trade hunters are better for magickal work if you can source them.

redhand
04-20-2009, 12:09 AM
From what I've been able to find, it is perfectly legal to keep a human skull... provided, of course, that you did not obtain the skull by dastardly and/or murderous means!LOL You may also want to check with your local authorities to see if you need a permit for your area.

I do think the key word here as with any skull it should be treated with respect!

You may find some useful information here: Skulls Unlimited International (http://www.skullsunlimited.com/)

Vastarien202
04-21-2009, 03:31 AM
Thanks for the info, that Unlimited site is amazing.
I have indeed re-considered the possible use of the term "Grandmother", but I only wanted to show respect for her. Things right now are rather hectic, so I doubt I will be seeing any time to truly sit down for a chat with her any time soon.
I am also fighting a nasty virus at the moment, so much of my attention is focused on getting rid of this insidious micrscopic beast. When things settle a bit, and I am at full strength again, I will be able to properly introduce myself.

Again, I am in your collective debt.