PDA

View Full Version : Longest Fast!!

serpent
04-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Hey, i was wondering if anybody else here has fasted in the past, and what their longest fast is. When I say fast i mean complete fast, no food, no juice, no tea, no sugar, ONLY water.

I'll start .................3 days!!!! Dun Dun Dun.

Not that long, i've done it a couple times, but you feel so cold and weak when your fasting. I've always had stuff to do that meant i couldn't afford to so weak. That plus when you lift weights ITS SUCKS to see your body dissolving.

I would like to do a 7 to 21 day fast in the near future. Would anyone like to do it with me? We could have fasted for lent, but i just realized it was eater weekend today soo..... that's out. Maybe we can have a fasting tournament! Who's in?

EDIT:
To Moderators - Feel free to move this if you think it belongs somewhere else

Harlock
04-13-2009, 04:21 AM
i cant completly fast, my body has a self defence mechanism that bassicly includes a coma like state if i dont eat well. lol but pointers in the 1800's those that would fast would bassicly isolate themselves, and pray to god, asking for strength and knowledge

But for my fasting experiance make sure no one around you that would tempt you, eliminate as many temptations as possible, fast at a time where you wont be doing much traveling or lifting heavy boxes. dont eat a gigantic feast the night before, itll be a shock to your body. i wish you luck in your fasting and if u need moral support, perhaps some of us could lend u words of encouragement, fasting can be great but dont destroy your bodyduring that day pray to your god and get more acquanted with him. you never know what you might find.

serpent
04-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Yeah, when you tell someone your fasting they usually try to make you eat. And think your a little nuts. I find it's best to eat then just throw it up after so it doesn't count. LOL!!NOT!!
If i fasted for 21 days, would 1 week be enough of a recovery period to get to my full strength? I can start on the 24th, and then 21 days later, i'll have a week before i start very physically demanding job.

EDIT: I guess i'll do a 7 to 14 range one. 21 is pretty big jump from 3 lol. It should be an interesting chance to do some inner work. Oh yeah, and don't throw up after you eat kids! It's Bad K.

shintashi
04-13-2009, 09:28 AM
when I fast I go without food or water, although I have been known to brush my teeth. Fasting without a purpose is only starvation. Sleep depravation is more efficient at generating spiritual insights if you do not have a clear objective and a positive mental attitude.

Fasting can also be used as a tool for gathering willpower to overcome addictions, sorrow, regret, or insight into your own nature. I've had very good results with fasting, but wouldn't recommend my method (without water) for more than 48-72 hours.