PDA

View Full Version : Astral Body

Sholfrost_Tim
04-17-2009, 11:24 PM
What exactly is the astral body? The subtle being? Is it similar in comparison to the state of dreaming?

Sorry, im somewhat a beginner on these specific subjects...

chronazon
04-18-2009, 12:03 AM
a good book is ramacharaka's the life beyond death, a book which explains the astral shells and much more.
I just posted a tribute to him with all his listed work in the books section. I will post a quote from it on here

Sholfrost_Tim
04-18-2009, 01:19 AM
Yes, I will look into this book. Thanks!

chronazon
04-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Atkinson in this book states that astral shells are discarded by the soul and mediums may see these floatig around graveyards, no more a ghost than a cloud wreath in the sky, astral corpses. He also says to beware of the lower astral vibtrations and lower astral states as they are a quagmire and appear loathsome to the developed astral body, causing the sense of pushing through a black viscious fluid

>>>as the Jinn guard the lower astral plane, you can see how important their work is.

Frank N. Stein
04-18-2009, 02:45 PM
isn't the Unicorn just an Alchemical allegory?
Or so I thought ...

chronazon
04-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Here are some quotes for developing yourself for the astral plane and soul development in general from atkinson
rules written in ancient atlantis on the walls of the hall of learning by the Rulers of the golden Gate.
I. kill out ambition
II. kill out desire of life
III. kill out desire of comfort
IV.kill out all sense of seperatness.
V. kill out desire for sensation
VI kill out the hunger for growth
VII desire only that which is within you
VIII desire only that which is beyond you
IX desire only that which is unattainable
X desire power ardently
XI desire peace fervently
XII desire possessions above all
XIII seek out the way
XIV seek out the way by retreating within
XV seek out the way by advancing boldly without
XVI stand aside in the coming battle, and though thou fightest, be not the warrior
XVII look for the warrior, and let him fight in thee
XVIII take his orders for battle, and obey him
XIX listen to the song of life
XX store in your memory the melody that you hear
XXI learn from it the lesson of harmony
XXII regard earnestly all the life that surrounds you
XXIII learn to look intelligently into the hearts of men
XIX regard most earnestly your own heart
XX inquire of the earth, the air, and the water, of the secrets they hold for you
XXI inquire of theholy ones of the earth, of the secrets they hold for you
XXII inquire of the inmost, the one, of its final secret, which it holds for you throughout the ages
XXIII hold fast to that which neither has substance or existance
XXIV listen to the voice which is soundless
XXV look only on that which is invisible alike to the inner and outer sense

there that was alot of typing, hope you enjoy it

Frank N. Stein
04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
No..........

Didn't the Ramones sing - or not:
"I belive in Unicorns
I belive in a better world for you and me" ;)

chronazon
04-20-2009, 09:24 AM
no but I have the diary of a child of sorrow by Gewurz, and I think it has a chapter based on voice of the silence
I need to look at Blavatsky.
get the full doctrine

chronazon
04-20-2009, 09:26 AM
it was miracles, not uicorns that the ramones sung, maybe they did a differant version or it was a differant song

Frank N. Stein
04-25-2009, 07:41 PM
it was miracles, not uicorns that the ramones sung, maybe they did a differant version or it was a differant song

I just was trying to be funny, but noone ever understands me then LOL :D

Great band, liked pet semetary, too.

VIRAL
04-26-2009, 02:21 AM
What you call "astral bodies" can exist in one or more of many states of being. there is the shadow, or "shade", the mind or intellect, auric places, etheric planes, energy, substance, light, dark. The ancient egyptians had three selves that could be considered astral. (Ka, Ba, and Ahk) what a siberian shaman or norse Seid experiences will probably be different than what a new ager experiences. The classic modern astral experience is usually of having flight and being alone on your own plane. Note that the astral world is different than the dream world. Perhapse it is liminal, although that could just be the lower astral planes.
Hope this helped!