PDA

View Full Version : Meditation help

clairvoyant
04-23-2009, 08:01 PM
I am having a problem with meditation. When I get to the totally relaxed state like I'm supposed to be in it is a matter of min. before I'm asleep. How do I stop falling asleep when I'm trying to meditate?:confused:

serpent
04-24-2009, 01:39 AM
It's usually recommended you sit instead of lay down to prevent that. I've never had a problem with it tho, well .... it may have happened before. But other than sitting and the obvious like doing it when you are well rested i'm not sure there is much you can do. You shouldn't be falling asleep so easy lol.
Perhaps doing some light exercise before hand will help. Not enough to exhaust you, but get the blood flowing.

EDIT: I guess you could say i started meditating in a sitting position but i quickly took to laying down. You should try and get past falling asleep if you can, laying down is very effective. You should also post the specifics, what relaxation techniques are you using? Perhaps using a visual one will prevent you from falling asleep, and may be more effective. Let us know what your doing, and ask if you need clarification on anything.

VIRAL
04-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Do you have a rocking chair? Rocking chairs are used by traditional witches to enter the desired state. Rock as you meditate.

Odin
04-24-2009, 06:35 PM
This all depends how long have you been meditating for

In the beginning the same thing was happening to and with me but it seems to be a process in this alignments that are taking place in what you call sleep, this can and might be a deep trance state that is happening, just keep doing what you are doing and you continue with this the meditation, and I believe the whole thing will fall into place

remember to be aware and focus on the breath, I practice meditation while sitting in a chair be comfortable but not to comfortable.

redhand
04-24-2009, 10:49 PM
What type of meditation are you going for?