PDA

View Full Version : Is this meditation or relaxation?

ninfan
04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
I have always found it really hard to meditate. However I have started thinking of this & focussing on the right side of my brain while I do it. This will sound a bit corny but I imagine myself playing with cats & dogs. I regularly play with stray cats & dogs hence i don't even need to imagine, I merely recall my experiences. I try to 'feel' it more rather than just 'visulaize' it. I feel a certain kind of peace & I can sit like a statue without any movement. & I don't have any other thoughts in mind except me being with animals. So am i meditating or just relaxing myself?

isis
04-24-2009, 03:30 PM
meditating is relaxing yourself. and you can trun off the mind chatter when you meditat.

ninfan
04-24-2009, 03:45 PM
meditating is relaxing yourself. and you can trun off the mind chatter when you meditat.
Actually meditation is not merely relaxing. (If thats what you meant)
Heres how I think of it.
Meditation- a state in which you concentrate on an object or rid your mind of any thoughts. Its more like 'mind control'
Relaxation- Your mind is free to wander about. Its more like 'surrendering' yourself.
Of course, meditation is much more difficult than relaxation which is not supposed to be a difficult task at all. As the word itself implies, it simply means to relax the mind & not indulge in any battle with the mind like mind control.