PDA

View Full Version : The Fast Of Silence ( Maun Vrat)

ninfan
04-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Going on a fast of slience for a day. I will be writing to communicate with people. Today will be a good day since I will be at home.

VIRAL
04-24-2009, 03:21 PM
what is maun vrat? an indian holy day?

ninfan
04-24-2009, 03:28 PM
It means not speaking anything at all. Better put, a vow to keep silent.

Rosalyn
04-24-2009, 03:31 PM
i do that once a month. when i first started it was very hard but now it is part of my life. my daughter is cute she marks the silent day on the calendar.

ninfan
04-24-2009, 03:50 PM
i do that once a month. when i first started it was very hard but now it is part of my life. my daughter is cute she marks the silent day on the calendar.

nice. Please tell me about your experience. How did you feel after u finished a whole day without talking?

Rosalyn
04-24-2009, 07:50 PM
so much at peace, it was as if a heavy weight is lifted, the time we spend wasting on silly inflections and talking is to me not worth it day in and day out. My daughter is allowed to speak as my husband but she says tick a lock mummy. LOl. the feeling of being cleansed of negative worrds and thought, i think we all should take the time to experience this. i can not take credit for this idea sorortd spoke to me about it. at first i thought she waas a little out there but turns out she knew from where she was speaking.

suburban_user
04-27-2009, 03:27 AM
i do this quite a bit unintentionally and sometimes for days.. for me it is a side effect of social anxiety. in my experience i would say the effects aid meditation and help to soften the mind-reflex to think with words and communicate with small talk.. perhaps making it easier to think and communicate in more subtle ways.. on the other hand, in extreme cases, you could perhaps dull this reflex indefinitely.