PDA

View Full Version : The runes of darkness

VIRAL
05-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Here is something I created using my understanding of runic magic. I hope the image is big enough to read. Feel free to tell me what you think!

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5182/therunesofdarkness.jpg

VIRAL
05-04-2009, 06:31 PM
OK, i went to the photo in my myspace photos, clicked "copy shortcut" on it, and inserted the link in the "insert image" part, but it is not visible. Anyone know why?

Reinga
05-04-2009, 06:39 PM
I don't use myspace so I cant help you but you could upload it to Imageshack might be easier.

VIRAL
05-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Ok, well I hope it's big enough for y'all! Thanks reinga! LOL!

VIRAL
05-06-2009, 07:39 PM
here's a smaller version
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5182/therunesofdarkness.jpg

Xaeos Mergan
05-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Viral you are giving me a headache.

That put a big smile on my face.

VIRAL
05-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Why am I giving you a headache? I Didn't mean to. Is the picture too big? You know, you can cure a headache by pinching the muscle in the crook of your thumb...

VIRAL
05-07-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm glad it helped. So what do you think about the runes?

VIRAL
05-09-2009, 01:33 AM
ok, so don't tell me what you think. i know when i'm not wanted:eek:

Gazeeboh
05-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Did you just sit down and make this up one day?

Where do the names come from? Why did you add more?
Tell us a bit more about the meaning, use, and how you came to understand this list as it is.

Right now, all I can see is some divination possibilites but even that is limited as all the outcomes will be "dark". So I take it you would apply this to spellcraft instead? Like little curses, pre-made negative energy bombs you can slap on a bathroom stall at that dreadful resturant you went to last Thursday?

hmm....thats not a bad idea.

VIRAL
05-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Hahahaha! Well, by "dark" I don't mean "negative", I just mean the opposite of the luciferian principal, the light that f***ed up the primordial universe. They have been created with a deep understanding of the runes, and the names are from Fordsmender's dictionary of proto germanic roots. The original nine are the ones I would use more often, the others, while dark, are there because: one simply means nature, and is only mildly dark. The next is dark and cooling, but is simply a reversed norse letter. The next is weird and spooky but not particularly opposed to the ligh, it just "is". The last has less of a positive power, being ain defiance of the energy of the soul, but it has its uses; its meaning is "sin". Also, 13 is a lucky number. I have had this knowledge for years and only recently decided create someting with it. I will PM this to you in case the thread doesn't last. And by the way, they are not for divination at all.

VIRAL
05-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Oops, it looks like you disabled personal messages.

VIRAL
07-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Also, there is one rune I did not include. It is a trapezoid with the small side on the right. It is called "the Lens" and magnifies anything to the left of it by the same mechanism that suffering magnifies one's spirit. If it had a colour it would be blue.

Azaziel
10-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Hahahaha! Well, by "dark" I don't mean "negative", I just mean the opposite of the luciferian principal, the light that f***ed up the primordial universe. They have been created with a deep understanding of the runes, and the names are from Fordsmender's dictionary of proto germanic roots. The original nine are the ones I would use more often, the others, while dark, are there because: one simply means nature, and is only mildly dark. The next is dark and cooling, but is simply a reversed norse letter. The next is weird and spooky but not particularly opposed to the ligh, it just "is". The last has less of a positive power, being ain defiance of the energy of the soul, but it has its uses; its meaning is "sin". Also, 13 is a lucky number. I have had this knowledge for years and only recently decided create someting with it. I will PM this to you in case the thread doesn't last. And by the way, they are not for divination at all.

I don't think your runes look dark, they only look like you are reading them through a mirror. I don't see how you can equate the principles of Satanism - a Christian construct - with that of another system entirely. I think your "dark" runes may make some sense to you because you created them, but for the rest of us it's just nonsense.

And the Luciferian Light did not "**** up the Universe"; the Light is an integral part of the Universe.