PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of spiritual awakening

MILOmassacre
05-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening - Namaste Cafe (http://www.namastecafe.com/edu/symptoms.htm)

Hope this helps.

NachtSorcier
05-18-2009, 03:44 PM
That was a very fascinating article. A few minor things struck me as newage-fluffy, but other than that, I enjoyed it immensely. One thing I would like to say is that if your head is tingling you might want to make sure it isn't a stroke. :p

I have recently been experiencing quite a few of those symptoms myself. I have three main areas that I need to work on: Fear, anger, and dreams.

I wasn't raised to have a lot of confidence, and as we know, not healing a wound allows it to fester. I'm respecting my process, though.

I'm also quick to anger and annoy, something that goes along with the fear, I suppose. I'm getting better at it.

Dreams...I hardly ever remember them. Once in a blue moon I'll recall a bout of "Astral play," as Don Kraig puts it - the kind of dreams that are just regular thoughts and don't really mean anything, but 99% of the time I sleep deeply and remember nothing upon waking.

NachtSorcier
05-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Would you like me to give you a technique on how to remember your dreams?
It only works half the time for me, but people are different, so, it might help you.

Sure, couldn't hurt. The technique Buckland outlines in his "Complete Book of Witchcraft" which involves repeating "I will remember my dreams" to yourself as you go to sleep doesn't help, so I'll try anything.

NachtSorcier
05-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Simple enough. I pray to my patron Goddess and God every night anyway, so it won't be that much of a transition. Thanks for the tip. :cool:

JDAndrews
05-18-2009, 08:41 PM
The one thing that really helped me to start remembering my dreams was starting a dream journal. I kept a looseleaf binder near my bed and when I woke up in the morning I wrote anything I could remember. If I didn't remember anything then I wrote "I do not remember anything". At first it was sporadic, but now (about 2.5 months into it) I remember almost every dream when I wake up. Don't know if that will help, since everyone is indeed different, but it worked for me...

NachtSorcier
05-19-2009, 05:01 PM
The one thing that really helped me to start remembering my dreams was starting a dream journal. I kept a looseleaf binder near my bed and when I woke up in the morning I wrote anything I could remember. If I didn't remember anything then I wrote "I do not remember anything". At first it was sporadic, but now (about 2.5 months into it) I remember almost every dream when I wake up. Don't know if that will help, since everyone is indeed different, but it worked for me...

True, it couldn't hurt. I do have a dream journal but it only has like three entries in it because rather than writing "I don't remember anything" every day, I didn't bother at all. I'll have to try that. Thanks.

JDAndrews
05-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Not only does this help you remember your dreams, it also is a way to start lucid dreaming. It took me 4 months of writing, but now I have lucid dreams atleast once every week. :)

I hadn't thought of that... Can you point me in the direction of some info on exactly how to start lucid dreaming?

JDAndrews
05-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks Siike! Really appreciate the links.

MILOmassacre
05-21-2009, 01:49 PM
It is difficult for me to do dream recall because my eyes are lazy to open while still in sleeping time:(

ArcaneAnimus
06-16-2009, 03:48 AM
2 (heavy headed instead of tingling, like a pressure)

All this happened to me about 2 years ago, but it was a psychosis. I ended up in hospital on anti-psychotic drugs. ( Psychosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosis) )

Doctors say it was a LOT of stress that started it, as I had had a near fatal car accident not long before, a stressful holiday and my horrible job at the time. But who really knows.

I felt a spirital connection, but I was not right in the head, period.

ArcaneAnimus
06-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Not being "right" in the head brings about the question of what right is.
If you've ever heard of the theory that everything happens for a reason, than whet do the supposed "mental illnesses" and "bouts of insanity" represent?

I dunno. I've never been 'crazy' before.

Well I guess there is a fine line between what people class as sane and insane, clear or foggy headed, well or unwell ... but when you are not your normal self - what the people around you and hear of you every day - then that is not right? I guess what I meant was "not right from my normal self" ?? A perfect example would be thinking the tv and radio was talking about you all the time or sending secret messages to you... ??

I definally think what happened to me happened for a reason - like you state - the theory says "Everything happens for a reason" My life has changed so much since I became unwell - then well again - and for the better.

I do also believe what happened to me had something heavily spiritual involved as well.

firewaterangel
06-19-2009, 02:04 AM
Very interesting article. I’ve been experiencing so many of the things listed..I found it very helpful.:)

Bogdanov
06-22-2009, 11:12 AM
True, it couldn't hurt. I do have a dream journal but it only has like three entries in it because rather than writing "I don't remember anything" every day, I didn't bother at all. I'll have to try that. Thanks.

If you can remember the ending of a dream but You are having trouble remembering the entire dream, record just the ending. Then record the next part of the dream you remember before the ending. Keep moving backward for as far as you can. If it doesn't work it is not a problem then just try to recall backwards the events from the previous day to train the backward thinking. In time You will be able to remember all of your dreams. This method works for me :)

RavenWulf
01-18-2011, 05:13 PM
I've had almost all of these happening recently. One question though, could it cause me to be warm in way below freezing temperatures? more specifically, could it cause me to be warmer with less clothing on at all? Also, might i feel a constant pressure on my body?