PDA

View Full Version : Illuminating light

jehocifer
11-28-2008, 07:42 AM
If you haven't read The Secret History of Lucifer, I strongly recommend it. If you have read the book, I would like to know what you think of it.

isis
11-28-2008, 11:47 PM
i have naver heard of that book, but i will look it up and give it a look at. and i will get back to you..

golgoth
12-30-2008, 11:03 PM
If you haven't read The Secret History of Lucifer, I strongly recommend it. If you have read the book, I would like to know what you think of it.

MY, MY, MY... You think that you or the author know what you are talking about ? Lucifer was a spoiled brat !!!!! Deal with that!

toadbile
01-09-2009, 11:37 PM
He seemed all right in Paradise Lost.

"what though the field be lost?
All is not lost; the unconquerable Will,
and study of revenge, immortal hate,
and courage never to submit or yield:
And what is else not to be overcome?
That Glory never shall his wrath or might
extort from me."

Lucifer doesn't give up, and that is what makes
this world great (where it is great)

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful
people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is
almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of
educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are
omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will
solve the problems of the human race."

-- Calvin Coolidge, my favorite president ever

Odin
01-11-2009, 12:23 PM
It seems that a lot of good points are made in the writings of Calvin Coolidge

Was he a Luciferian ?

Odin
01-11-2009, 12:49 PM
It seems that when I look up " famous Luciferians " thought I would find some and it is interesting to find that that the Freemasonry comes up and each thread more or else states that they follow and hold sacred the Doctrine of Lucifer

can someone elaborate on this

Harlock
02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
i retract my state ment for its orthodox views as a funny depiction of lucifers fall its is not right to press views on anyone. i hope that in doing this others maybe some time down the road will do the same. fairly interesting set of beliefs all and all

Harlock
02-11-2009, 08:36 PM
id teach high school or college where the final framework of where they go comes in

Harlock
02-11-2009, 08:56 PM
yeah and on top of that you get alot of vacation even if you have to come back to work a week ahead of students and prepare

Great American Desert
02-12-2009, 02:08 PM
this is the story of Lucifer, he was the golden boy, the daddys little boy, he got pissed because michael was stronger than him, and so was his daddy, he wanted more, god said no, you have enough power as is, fuming he threw a tantrum and made adam and eve bite the apple, in order to show that there was more power needed. it didnt work out so well, god was pissed and stripped him of several things, pissed Lucifer planned and started a rebellion around the time that kane killed abel, michael fought lucifer threw him down into the abyss and barred him from coming up till the final battle. in the hopes that he would change his mind. him and his fallen have sworn to devour humanity, and show god that him and his angels are not as powerful as they seem. and that humanity though created out of good will fail and turn evil in the end. thus we get stuck in the middle with the knowledge of good and evil barried into our subconscious and which most never find so lucifer will continue to toy with us, while the heavens respecting our rights as much as possible help but also give us free will to the best of their ability.

Bull****. This ridiculous view has absolutely no place at all in the Gnosticism forum.

Great American Desert
02-12-2009, 02:13 PM
It seems that when I look up " famous Luciferians " thought I would find some and it is interesting to find that that the Freemasonry comes up and each thread more or else states that they follow and hold sacred the Doctrine of Lucifer

can someone elaborate on this

Leo Taxil exposed the secret of the Freemasons - that at their highest orders, they were Luciferians, and other such conspiracy stuff. However, the Taxil exposé was nothing more than a hoax, but it stuck like napalm.

In Morals and Dogma, Albert Pike threw in a single sentence that seemed reverent toward Lucifer. The book is three inches thick, but people focus on this single sentence as the sole evidence of the Luciferian tendencies of Freemasonry.

All that aside, I do get a very Luciferian vibe from much of the Masonic thought, though there's really no way to substantiate this.

Harlock
02-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Bull****. This ridiculous view has absolutely no place at all in the Gnosticism forum.

is it not on subject? does it not dictate the fall according to several old texts? did a very administrator say otherwise? why do you think not so? you state an opinion but do not back it up please explain why you think my post shouldnt be in the gnostic forum

Great American Desert
02-13-2009, 02:35 PM
is it not on subject? does it not dictate the fall according to several old texts? did a very administrator say otherwise? why do you think not so? you state an opinion but do not back it up please explain why you think my post shouldnt be in the gnostic forum

It is on the subject of Lucifer, yes. It is, however, an orthodox view, despite having no scriptural support. This lack of canonical origin would defeat your explanation should this conversation be in a Christian forum. These ideas are based on apocryphal texts and further championed by the likes of Milton. It is through these non-canonical currents that the idea of the Fall of Lucifer arose, and over time this idea came to be part of the common Western theological schema. But, just as the concept of the Rapture, it is apocryphal at best and can't logically be used in a debate in any orthodox framework.

That said, it also does not mesh with a Gnostic view.

The term Lucifer originally referred to the planet Venus - Lucifer, literally bearing light - because due to the planet's proximity to the Sun, it appears just prior to dawn and appears to be the herald to the Sun's arrival. It brings the light of the Sun.

This act of ushering in the light and delivering the world from darkness is mythically paralleled in a soteriological figure. In Ophitic view, this is the Serpent of Eden, delivering the world from the chains imposed by the Demiurge – the Accursed God of the Jews – by giving us a glimpse of the truth beyond the evident: that there is an existence older and greater than that of the creator, and as such there are higher aspirations than to strive to “meet your maker”. In performing this act, the Serpent was Lucifer, the bearer of the Light of Wisdom. There was no fall, because Lucifer was never a subordinate to the creator, but is in fact an agent of the Most High.

In general, the Satan figure in Gnosticism is in fact the creator. The god of the common man was Satan to the Gnostics. I will note that this is quite overwhelmingly, though not necessarily universally, applied to the paths that fall under the blanket term of Gnosticism.

I don't mean to be offensive, but this is the Gnostic subforum; and if you make a statement that is incorrect in the Gnostic view, there will be a Gnostic to counter.

Harlock
02-15-2009, 06:40 AM
no need you stated your point very well and i am sorry if i wasnt "religiously relative" i will retract my post, and i even did a bit more research on the gnostic religion because of this and though some point can be argued you stated well

Great American Desert
02-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Cheers, friend. Good that you looked further into Gnosticism. It is a far more fascinating direction of paradigm than the common mindset.