PDA

View Full Version : String theory and portals

VIRAL
05-20-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure if this post is in the right section, but I put it here anyway. Does anyone know about "strings" or rather lines of energy that are sometimes visible, especially in the dark, that float around and sometimes are fixed to things. Diane Duane mentioned them frequently in her "wizard" series and somehow I beleive that manipulating them can create portals to other planes. The trick is, how do we influence them?

VIRAL
05-20-2009, 08:03 PM
No I am speaking of quantum strings that are possibly infinite in length and float through the world. There are possibly an infinite number of them in any given space, but only the more energy saturated ones are visible. They appear to have no substance, unlike ectoplasm. Think "geometric lines". They are not Ley lines, either.

VIRAL
05-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Yes usually I only see one at a tome but sometimes they intersect. Often they come in colours but they are completely insubstantial. I think if you could form them into a wreath you could get a portal to the spirit world, maybe even a physical one. Don't ask me why but I think some stregas know how to do this.

S33k3R
05-21-2009, 03:59 AM
Hold up folks...shall revisit my quantum cookbook and give a more...um ridged conceptual explanation.

Just off the top of my head I can assure you that quantum strings are not visible on any level of reality as we understand it...If string theory is to be a theory of quantum gravity, then the average size of a string should be somewhere near the length scale of quantum gravity, called the Planck length, which is about 10-33 centimeters, or about a millionth of a billionth of a billionth of a billionth of a centimeter. Their vibrational frequency may be the determining factor in giving rise to the elementary particles...quarks, gluons,muons and morons...(yea...some muppet of a scientist called an elementary particle a moron...and they say science isn't funny).

They might emanate from perhaps maybe other dimensions and cross interdimentional branes. M-theory, (which is a popular flava of string theory) would mathematically require that there are at least 9 or 10 other dimensions folded up into our reality and clearly hiding very well...I looked for some of theses and think I found one in my sock draw.

They are linked to the so called "God Particle"...basically all elementary particles...even gravitons which supposedly give us gravity, (nobody "actually" knows what causes gravity in the quantum world) are really all one particle, (named the Higgs-Boson...bit of a blah name if you ask me). Now all this is rather theoretical...The Large Hadron Collider built by CERN in Switzerland has great hopes of finding evidence of the Higgs-Boson.

It is however interesting that you use these strings of energy you see to travel to other places...hmmm...bit to cogitate about there.

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ewtZu0eqOW5ddM:http://blogs.fayobserver.com/faytoz/files/2008/08/yoda.jpg
interesting topic this is...lots more to talk about there must be...

...but it tends to sound very silly. Magic has NOTHING on quantum physics when it comes to sounding bizaar.

Heres a rather user friendly and somewhat idiot proof site that almost allows muppets like me to understand it.. http://www.superstringtheory.com/

Just take 2 Panadol before...cus its gonna give you a headache.

VIRAL
05-21-2009, 03:28 PM
I checked out that site, perhapse these are not actual superstrings.... But they are something.

VIRAL
05-21-2009, 08:05 PM
There is a very good writer called Diane Duane (I think I spelled that correctly) who mentions these lines in her books about wizards. There is one book about cat wizards that explains them well. Her books are long, but they are real page turners.

S33k3R
05-22-2009, 04:51 AM
S33k3R, what I am talking about is related to magic. I do not know the true name for what happens with me. There are lines out there that some can see. I do not know what you want to call what I see, but it is very real and maybe related to some part of me I have yet to tap.

I have no doubt it is, although to say that this phenomenon is purely part of the magical realm or part of the physical real is difficult to say...nowadays the line is quickly blurring between the two.

Now the interesting thing here lies not in what these energy lines are, so much as your ability to perceive them. The energy itself may well be a natural phenomena and fall within the bounds of science...but the fact that you as an individual can interact with them...now thats interesting.

VIRAL
05-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Since no one seems to know about how to manipulate strings, does somebody at least know how to open portals effectively? (I'm not talking about burning some incense and reciting a poem, I'm talking about the real deal.)

VIRAL
05-24-2009, 02:35 AM
If people had such reservations I would not be able to speak or understand english...

VIRAL
05-25-2009, 11:27 PM
How about using a mirror or a peice of glass buried or conceiled where you want the portal to be? Perhapse you could walk around in a circle and try to gather as many strings as possible, winding them around and around. I will check another forum to see what they say.

Harlock
05-26-2009, 06:54 AM
let me point this out about teleportation and portals

generally a portal is considered to be moving at such a great speed you move in the space between spaces. the amount of energy it would take to produce such a portal is beyond comprehendable, on top of that there is the problem of sustainability how long can u sustain said portal. whatever you move through this portal how will it emerge out? a black hole for instance destroys matter till it reaches at least the atomic level. so how would a portal be any different

how will you make sure that there is nothing blocking you from point A to point B there are atoms covering each of the spaces. now on top of that what damage might that space you move through go through? there are millions of questions. i would recogmend stephen hawkings works, seriously read them he skims over black holes and the possibility of them acting as "portals" in a few of his books. also the buissness of dark matter (located also in a time magizine) read on it it is actually fascinating

serpent
05-26-2009, 11:11 AM
From my understanding string theory doesn't have so much to do with portals, but more teleportation, but technically not. Last time i read about string theory it worked like this.

When the big bang happened, super dense strings of energy we're left behind. And when you approach these strings, you enter space where the speed of light in increased(gravity to i think?). And since space travel is limited to the speed of light ie. you cannot go faster than the speed of light. By riding these strings you can travel so fast, that you reach the end of the string almost instantly.

IE. You are traveling at 99% the speed of light. You hit the string and the speed of light multiplies to something rediculous. You reach the end of the string almost instantly. Unless you hit something.... Good point harlock!!

S33k3R was right about not being able to see them though, that's why it's still a theory. Did anyone see the scientific american with NASA's latest ideas for long distance space travel? They have some amazing ideas, too bad nobody cares about space travel anymore. If they had the money they would be building some crazy stuff i tell you.

EDIT: I might be thinking of some other string theory, they have come up with quite a few theories over the years. But is anyone else a little afraid of the LHC? Like i know it's gonna be sweet but you still gotta feel a little nervous lol.

VIRAL
05-26-2009, 03:49 PM
I was talking about magical portals, that is why this is in the section "astral and the spirit"

Harlock
05-26-2009, 06:17 PM
still it would work the same, magick at its highest levels can bend the laws of quantum physics but not break them.

VIRAL
05-30-2009, 04:27 AM
I think I am going to have to rely on my self for this one.

SilverMoon
06-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Here's an idea. could it be possible that maybe somehow these lines, and ley lines could be linked? I mean say one wanted to open a portal. I believe it would be more likely to do this at a place where the ley lines connect, such as an ancient site such as stone henge. For all we know this could be the original use the ancients used these sites for. Just a little theory of mine. I've always for some unknown reason believed that where ley lines connect (such as stone henge) would be idea for powerful magickal practices.