PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Horoscope Site

Rezenic
05-26-2009, 03:51 PM
The site has some really good free stuff including a daily interpretation using a different tangent each day. Astrology isn't really my area, but the site has a few nice freebies that I thought were interesting.

Astrology and Horoscope Homepage - Astrodienst (http://www.astro.com/)

Enjoy.

Plarkenstorf
05-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Never understood the appeal of horoscopes.

Like, Reznic, you'd probably feel better if you used your creative side more. And that photo album your mum showed you a few years ago is probably best looked through again, you'll see someone smiling when they shouldn't be - if you hadn't noticed already.

It's a bit soft, when horoscopes can be entirely emulated by psychology they lose all mysticism.

Heavenly Geometry vs Some Fat Guy At A Keyboard. Heaven or hell, let's do this.

Plarkenstorf
05-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Hey Belphebe, if you answer a few of my questions I could give you a reading if you want?

Plarkenstorf
05-26-2009, 05:17 PM
RANDOM QUESTION TIME:

Imagine you're in a desert: What's the first word that comes to mind?

Plarkenstorf
05-26-2009, 06:22 PM
First person to give me that answer. You're a private person and deep thinker, most of the horoscopes and things like this don't tend to work because you see the trick behind them. That can occasionally make you lonely however, which is pretty ironic considering your grasp of people's feelings and an ability to get inside their heads.

Probably not right.

Rezenic
05-26-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't know. They seem to make sense, and it's not just the sun sign either. Maybe it's because when I'm reading them, I subconsciously follow them. Either way, the site has been an interesting one for me.

Plarkenstorf
05-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Forer Personality Test (http://forer.netopti.net/)

Forer effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect)

Rezenic
05-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Interesting enough to shut me up on the subject. :)

Plarkenstorf
05-26-2009, 08:22 PM
You are right. My mom died when I was five and Dad raised me. I have one good friend, and I am very private. Thank You. It is cheaper than a therapist.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I could continue giving you a reading if you want?

Plarkenstorf
05-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Pick a list of 7 numbers and a standard playing card. (All numbers must be natural, that is 0,1,2,3... no e, i, Pi or the square root of 2.)

If you can upload pictures, can you draw me a house? The house should have a door, windows and a roof. Besides that, draw it however you want. You must also be in the picture.

If not, describe to me the house, be as flouncy or minimalist as you want.

Plarkenstorf
05-27-2009, 07:43 PM
You're pretty laid back and relaxed on most things, though perhaps mostly out of habit. Recently you've found that you're a lot easier to stir into action and passion than before, as you're in the middle of a minor paradigm shift. There's a nagging realisation about to bear fruition, and it's probably going to be pretty uncomfortable.

You portray an air of confidence, but its motive is not habitual, you've had to force it for a very long time. You're likely to adopt new ideas very very quickly if they suit your purposes, even if they would have been complete anethema to your previous belief system. And as I've said previously, you're in a larger ideological flux than usual.

You value yourself highly, and perhaps with good reason, few people you see ever spark much interest beyond the petty concerns of the flesh for you, and while you spend your time thinking and acting on higher planes of reason, you find yourself longing for the self assurance other people would bring you.

Most people don't care about how confident they seem in public, you however, are, there's a good chance that you feel nervous to the point of paranoia as seeming arrogant, despite your usual persona.

Speaking about any emotional issue is likely to bring forth this less placid side of you.

You probably see yourself as far more vulnerable than others would, and perhaps realising your own strength and worth would do you good, despite the fear of rejection that this cloud of possibilities may bring.

Mirfalan
05-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Just as I expected from the Forer Personality Test: the results were the same every time. All that changed was the personality type. Ha. And it did describe me to a degree, as did your reading for Belphebe.

When I read horoscope books, though, I feel that Libra (my sign) does fit me whereas other signs (Taurus) for example, does not. Perhaps I make Libra fit me and Taurus not fit. Then again, I would really have to scrutinize every sign to make sure my own subconscious was not effecting the results.

Plarkenstorf
05-28-2009, 12:08 AM
That is very likely, Mirfalan.

serpent
05-28-2009, 02:34 PM
I so don't believe in horoscope's, even though my personality matches my sign perfectly. lol .... stars, got lucky