PDA

View Full Version : Belladonna

serpent
05-27-2009, 12:21 PM
I put some belladonna seeds in soil yesterday. They were in cold strat for a month and i'm hoping that was long enough. So far i've just been pacing back and forth singing to them but they haven't sprouted yet. Anyone else have any experience to share? I could use some tips, i don't really grow flowers. Right now they are in an styro egg carton with dirt and holes at the bottom. I just mixed some garden soil with some verm. I hope it works, should i maybe put some plastic wrap on top to keep in moisture till the sprout? I read you can do that so you don't have to keep watering.

VIRAL
05-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Where do you get belladonna seeds? I just use Benadryl. And yes, the plastic wrap does work, it holds in moisture when there isn't any grass to do that.

serpent
05-27-2009, 04:03 PM
The plastic thing is a general tip for germinating. Damn my legs are getting tired. These things better start sprouting, or i'm just gonna have to quit pacing.

EDIT: Just found this
http://www.bio21.bas.bg/ipp/gapbfiles/v-23/97_1-2_61-66.pdf
very interesting for anyone else that wants to germinate some belladonna.

serpent
06-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Sprouts!! i think.

serpent
06-12-2009, 04:03 AM
If you live somewhere these grow naturally like weeds, you might wanna turn away before you puke. Anyways here is one of my babies!! It's so cute!!

IMtM
06-23-2009, 09:11 AM
I put some belladonna seeds in soil yesterday. They were in cold strat for a month and i'm hoping that was long enough. So far i've just been pacing back and forth singing to them but they haven't sprouted yet. Anyone else have any experience to share? I could use some tips, i don't really grow flowers. Right now they are in an styro egg carton with dirt and holes at the bottom. I just mixed some garden soil with some verm. I hope it works, should i maybe put some plastic wrap on top to keep in moisture till the sprout? I read you can do that so you don't have to keep watering.

I agree with VIRAL. Belladonna is just asking for trouble. Just do some Benadryl and you will get similar (much weaker--a good thing) effects. TRUST ME or THEM!!!! Belladonna will kill you and at the same time NOT give you a meaningful effect or "trip."

serpent
06-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Nobody is planning to eat them. Well i'm not. From what i hear the berries taste bad so it shouldn't really be a problem. Except incase of drunk people, they mess everything up. I better not let the plant around them. It's always mentioned to keep the plant away from kids and pets, but never drunk adults. It really should be.

Tansen
06-25-2009, 05:17 AM
Quick fact yes Belladonna is poisonous but Italian Women used to place a drop in their eyes to dilate their pupils for as a form of seduction.

Who knew?

serpent
07-18-2009, 12:41 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yodatalk
07-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Quick fact yes Belladonna is poisonous but Italian Women used to place a drop in their eyes to dilate their pupils for as a form of seduction.

Who knew?

Which later lead to blindness.

About as logical as women who used it to induce mischariages...in the end, yeah, you get the result, but your body will suffer a lot because of it.

SeekerOfTheForm
04-07-2010, 03:44 AM
I agree with VIRAL. Belladonna is just asking for trouble. Just do some Benadryl and you will get similar (much weaker--a good thing) effects. TRUST ME or THEM!!!! Belladonna will kill you and at the same time NOT give you a meaningful effect or "trip."

Do not screw around with any kind of antichlorinogenic. Diphenhydramine, the various datura and brugmansia species, belladonna, mandrake, whatever.

I speak from personal experience when I tell you that they're not to be used as drugs, especially by the unwary. I have, in my time, used pretty much everything, and I can honestly say that for most, there is no value there. At all.

Some might like to descend into delerium, and that is up to their discretion, but these drugs are more damaging and dangerous than anything you'll find commonly on the streets. I include every hard drug you've ever heard of when saying this. Yes, including methamphetamine and heroin.

I really wish I could count the number of idiots I've had to take to the hospital, or physically put down, when they decided to delve into this territory with no knowledge of what they were doing, and in a few cases with full knowledge of what they were doing. I've personally used brugmansia and diphendydramine(Benadryl), and every time when it wore off I was exceedingly glad I was not around people, many of those I've taken care of did not have that luxury.

If you have to play with these, smoked brugmansia leaf is about as safe as you're going to get. Find a friend who has no reservations about knocking you over the back of the head with a pipe if you become violent, and go for it if you really want to, but recommending any kind of antichlorinogenic is sheer folly.

Vir Sapiens
04-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Agreed. Secondary to the active agents you're looking for in all of those substances and plants are a host of other chemical compounds that can create a hellish cocktail in your body. While you may be able to handle the antichlorinogenic itself, I personally have never had a problem with them, the other chemicals present can cause a host of adverse reactions that you won't be able to handle. Unless you have the knowledge to extract the active components in their pure form then I wouldn't mess with them, and even then it's a shaky prospect at best. As I always say I do not recommend using any herb or chemical compound without having a medical professional present, at the very least a licensed EMT, who will know how to deal with you and provide appropriate care should things get out of hand.

kit kat
04-15-2010, 09:07 AM
hi.
Visit Magic Garden - Heritage & Heirloom Seeds (http://www.magicgardenseeds.com) and you can buy seeds from there..they have atropa belladona seeds,and also mandrake seeds(mandragora officinarum)

grim789
04-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Ok so are you talking about benadryl the allergy medicine? I have heard taking like 40 of them will give ya a good trip but i didnt believe it so thats a serious thing? Cause i really want to try this now:cool:.