PDA

View Full Version : Satanism/occult

ButterflyGuitar
05-30-2009, 10:05 PM
I posted a thread earlier about knowing nothing about the occult. The internet dosn't tell me anything. I am curious in the occult but did not know it included satanism untill I stumbled across one of these posts. Please clarify: If I am interested in the occult, do I have to belive in satanism too? Because I am not. ::nieve:: ::confused::

ButterflyGuitar
05-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Well, that’s a good question. Explanations I guess. I was raised Catholic and in my adult hood joined, then quit, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) and learned that I do not believe in Christianity. I tried really hard to believe in Christianity, I really did. However, there is a higher power and other spiritual entities that I can’t explain. I would like to learn about the theology of the occult to see if that’s for me.

LilyHaze
06-23-2009, 06:42 AM
To believe in the occult you do not necessarily have to believe in anything really. There are many varying paths of spiritual faiths that each have their own set of beliefs.

There are also two distinct types of satanism. The literal satanists, and LeVeyan satanists. I am assuming, since this is in an occult faith context, that you are meaning the literal kind.

IMtM
06-23-2009, 08:04 AM
I posted a thread earlier about knowing nothing about the occult. The internet dosn't tell me anything. I am curious in the occult but did not know it included satanism untill I stumbled across one of these posts. Please clarify: If I am interested in the occult, do I have to belive in satanism too? Because I am not. ::nieve:: ::confused::

You must be a genius if that is your final judicial ruling of the occult; and so soon. 99% of what you read IS BS!!!!!!!! But, Satanism is as Satanism does. It's of no use to attribute it to the entirety of occultism. Between the lines of "occultism" there is a wealth of information on spirituality. If Crowley or Regardie rub you the wrong way though, there is always Swami Vivekananda. Cheers!