PDA

View Full Version : Inverted Black Triangle

Nox Invictus
12-14-2008, 02:35 AM
I have a question that you guys might be able to help me with. When I was younger, I had kind of a facination with an ominous inverted black triangle. I used to paint it. I was looking around on the internet and found the Dragon Rouge website (www.dragonrouge.com), and noticed that their symbol incorporates an inverted black triangle which is part of what attracted me to the organization. I scryed last night and saw an inverted black triangle, and today, my wife found a triangle eched on our sidewalk near out front door.

I've done some reading up, and found out that inverted triangles are most often associated with alchemy which I've admittedly never looked into much. Triangles in general usually represent trinitarian concepts like the Holy Trinity of Christianity or the "Maiden, Mother, Crone" trinity of Wicca. Black inverted triangles were used to mark "asocial elements" in Nazi concentration camps. There's a Satanic band called "Watain" that uses them a lot in their symbology. They belong to the Temple of the Black Light. I went on their website, but couldn't find any black triangles. I'll probably try contacting them later.

Can any of you give me any more ideas as to the significance of an inverted black triangle?

Odin
12-14-2008, 10:08 AM
the black triangle does have to do with alchemy as well as the sign for the element Earth

Gazeeboh
12-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Black Trigag MySpace (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=303618928)

Black Trigag Writing (http://liber-kaotika.blogspot.com/)

He's not upside down, but he digs black and has a triangle head.
Plus he is an alium.

isis
12-15-2008, 03:19 AM
wow i like the Black Trigag MySpace

Black Trigag Writing it looks cool

SWM
01-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Could have to do with some of this. I looked up blacks day and metal, corisponding to Solomon's Chart of Planitary Hours.

Day Saturday.
Archangel Tzaphqiel
Angel Cassiel
Planet Saturn
Metal Lead
Colour Black

Nefilim
01-05-2009, 04:36 PM
All of the above, its also used in 'Anti-Illuminati' circles as a symbol. It's generally the inversion of such a trinity, in these circumstances at least.

Mr. Lucifuge
01-11-2009, 03:47 AM
Since you mentioned the Dragon Rouge, Perhaps you should procure and read "Qabalah, Qliphoth and Goetic Magic" (by Thomas Karlsson) to see if you find any resonance within this work?

Have you tried researching the various dark paths to see if anything is viable? You can find much written information on the significance of the triangle. If you are interested, try looking into various occult systems such as the old order Golden Dawn writings, Crowley and his various A.'.A.'. works, etc.

If you do, try to look at things objectively without preferring one or another until you have done your research. (Basically, I would advise not immediately jumping into the first thing that interests you.)

Hope this helps.

I have a question that you guys might be able to help me with. When I was younger, I had kind of a facination with an ominous inverted black triangle. I used to paint it. I was looking around on the internet and found the Dragon Rouge website (dragon rouge (http://www.dragonrouge.com)), and noticed that their symbol incorporates an inverted black triangle which is part of what attracted me to the organization. I scryed last night and saw an inverted black triangle, and today, my wife found a triangle eched on our sidewalk near out front door.

I've done some reading up, and found out that inverted triangles are most often associated with alchemy which I've admittedly never looked into much. Triangles in general usually represent trinitarian concepts like the Holy Trinity of Christianity or the "Maiden, Mother, Crone" trinity of Wicca. Black inverted triangles were used to mark "asocial elements" in Nazi concentration camps. There's a Satanic band called "Watain" that uses them a lot in their symbology. They belong to the Temple of the Black Light. I went on their website, but couldn't find any black triangles. I'll probably try contacting them later.

Can any of you give me any more ideas as to the significance of an inverted black triangle?

PerfectCell
01-13-2009, 03:58 PM
I have a question that you guys might be able to help me with. When I was younger, I had kind of a facination with an ominous inverted black triangle. I used to paint it. I was looking around on the internet and found the Dragon Rouge website (dragon rouge (http://www.dragonrouge.com)), and noticed that their symbol incorporates an inverted black triangle which is part of what attracted me to the organization. I scryed last night and saw an inverted black triangle, and today, my wife found a triangle eched on our sidewalk near out front door.

Perhaps you were an alchemist in a previous life?