PDA

View Full Version : Satanic Magic: Lesser and Greater

antichrist superstar
06-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Satanic Magic: Lesser and Greater

In LaVeyan Satanism, they're are two kinds of magic, lesser, and greater.

Lesser Magic

Satanic Magic is not like, other types of magic, it doesn't use anything like spells, or anything paranormal, or supernatural. Lesser magic is non-ritual, or manipulation on a day-to-day basis. According to Anton LaVey, it is knowledge of knowing how to employ the appearance of someone to your own advantage. LaVey stated that their are three subsections to use: lust, compassion, or destruction, which ever one fits your appearance.

Greater Magic

Greater Magic however, involves rituals, and is basically just forcusing ones focus and emotions on one thing for a specific perpose

-Any questions? e-mail me: [email protected]

Dan_Dread
01-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Hi. I just read this and I really need to set something straight.

Lust, compassion, and destruction are the three types of GREATER magic rituals. The point of 'greater magic' is to achieve a heightened state of emotion, and at the peak of your feelings, directing it outward and 'throwing' it at your intended target.

I think what you meant about the three types of lesser magic is that there are three 'archetypes' from which lesser magic flows. Those three archetypes are 'sex', 'sentiment' and 'wonder'.

SWM
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
So in any case its a [generalized definition of] manipulation of one's own emotions magically and using them for an effect?

Stelionis Ignigenae
01-06-2009, 10:37 AM
So in any case its a [generalized definition of] manipulation of one's own emotions magically and using them for an effect?

Essentially. In the case of lesser magic, it involves understanding man, the animal, and giving that animal what it wants, for a price.

Lady Dunsany
01-06-2009, 09:35 PM
What is the price for the animal? Is it immortality or is the animal the human lower Manas.?

Gazeeboh
01-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Typical white man thoughts.

Everything blends into another, there are no dividing lines.
It's all one thing.

Brahmen

But the greater magic would be what the operator deems to be so.

Lady Dunsany
01-06-2009, 09:45 PM
I am not a white man, but I get your meaning. So we are a mismash of everything, how do we know when we blend? Actually the sad part is we as human make the dividing lines and I see no end to this.

Gazeeboh
01-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Glad you got what I meant by white man.

So far there are many distinctions between greater and lesser magic.
Typically, working on spiritual efforts is Greater whilst working on material efforts is lower. Hoodoo is low, Enochian is high. Greater and Lower.

Is the top floor of a building inherently better than the basement?
Or maybe, its all a building?

Dan_Dread
01-07-2009, 02:50 AM
Greater magic does not entail anything 'spiritual' There is no trace of spirituality or mysticism within Satanism.

Satanism is a carnal religion.

The main goal of greater magic works inward.
Catharsis.
Psychodrama.
The purging of pent up feelings that might otherwise interfere with your behavior and your thoughts, impeding your goals.

And if the intended target of a curse just so happens to die a horrible death, all the better.

Lady Dunsany
01-07-2009, 05:04 AM
Now here is the rub. If the intended target happens to be the target of a curse, and dies a horrible death, is it because they were ignorant of this curse and if they were ignorant then the curse did not make them die it was their destiny to die anyway. If they are told they are cursed do they get themselves in such a state that they actually die because they believe they will because of the curse. I have seen this happen to people who are told they have been given the evil eye etc. and when a plant dies they will, these people will take to their beds and wait to die. I do not believe in curses but I do believe bad energy can be directed at someone, then one must deflect it or send it back, which means in any practice one must protect themselves. In short the curse inflicted on another could actually come back and give the person who inflicted it a horrible death. It is called survival of the fittest.

Stelionis Ignigenae
01-07-2009, 06:12 PM
My understanding of lesser magic is that it is essentially manipulation of others to achieve a desired end. Alot of it has to do, I think, with being able to read people and know how they are going to react to certain stimuli. With this knowledge you can act in a certain way around certain people to reach whatever goal you might have set for yourself.

Yes, this is another way of saying it.

Stelionis Ignigenae
01-07-2009, 06:13 PM
What is the price for the animal? Is it immortality or is the animal the human lower Manas.?

I don't understand what you are asking.

Stelionis Ignigenae
01-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Greater magic does not entail anything 'spiritual' There is no trace of spirituality or mysticism within Satanism.

Satanism is a carnal religion.

The main goal of greater magic works inward.
Catharsis.
Psychodrama.
The purging of pent up feelings that might otherwise interfere with your behavior and your thoughts, impeding your goals.

And if the intended target of a curse just so happens to die a horrible death, all the better.

Also well said, thank you.

Stelionis Ignigenae
01-07-2009, 06:18 PM
If the intended target happens to be the target of a curse, and dies a horrible death, is it because they were ignorant of this curse and if they were ignorant then the curse did not make them die it was their destiny to die anyway.

How could anyone possibly claim to know that with a straight face? Why would a Satanist care if it was their destiny or not, beyond getting the desired result? Or out of a desire for abstract knowledge, abstract knowledge that by it's very nature is elusive?

Lady Dunsany
01-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't understand what you are asking.

I was asking what are you giving the animal - man what it wants for a price.

Lady Dunsany
01-07-2009, 07:56 PM
How could anyone possibly claim to know that with a straight face? Why would a Satanist care if it was their destiny or not, beyond getting the desired result? Or out of a desire for abstract knowledge, abstract knowledge that by it's very nature is elusive?

I was talking about this line. And if the intended target of a curse just so happens to die a horrible death, all the better. How could one possibly know they are the one responsible for the one who dies a horrible death. I am replying to what was posted . I can get the same desired result in the opposite of what you do and one will always cancel the other out. I am not concerned with what you do or why you do it. I was pondering a thought process and wondered if you could actually answer. Abstract knowledge to you might be elusive but to me it is staring me in the face.

Stelionis Ignigenae
01-08-2009, 03:48 AM

I was talking about this line. And if the intended target of a curse just so happens to die a horrible death, all the better. How could one possibly know they are the one responsible for the one who dies a horrible death. I am replying to what was posted . I can get the same desired result in the opposite of what you do and one will always cancel the other out. I am not concerned with what you do or why you do it. I was pondering a thought process and wondered if you could actually answer. Abstract knowledge to you might be elusive but to me it is staring me in the face.

Ah, well in answer to your original question, I don't know if such a thing could be known. One could keep records of successes and failures, and try to tweek ones magic rituals to obtain a higher success rate. That would help one gain some reassurance about ones ability.

Stelionis Ignigenae
01-08-2009, 03:50 AM
I was asking what are you giving the animal - man what it wants for a price.

Certainly nothing illegal. But many people enjoy simple pleasures. The woman who uses her looks to manipulate people to get what she wants is a good example. Her targets get an eye-full, and she perhaps gets that extra-special discount...

Lady Dunsany
01-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Thank You for clearing it all up. I now understand. I am one who does not believe in destiny, but there are others who do.