PDA

View Full Version : Creatures

Teisumo
06-13-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the right forum for this, if not forgive me. I've been searching for some time a guide or book to occult/mythological creatures, what their dislikes and likes are. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time and peace be with you.

VIRAL
06-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Encyclopedia Mythica.

serpent
06-13-2009, 11:31 PM
occult/mythical that's a very broad category, try searching for stuff on Greek mythology, those guys loved their creatures. And their is TONS of info on it.

EDIT: Check out what viral said, it's got tons of stuff. It's nice yeah.

Teisumo
06-14-2009, 08:37 AM
thank you guys very much, very nice site Viral.

Venefica
06-14-2009, 09:02 AM
The Werewolf Book is a great book for shape shifter lore. Vampire and his Kith and Kin is a classing book on vampire lore. Also many book about Norse mythology is full of creatures. The Greeks are not the only ones that liked magickal critters.

IMtM
06-23-2009, 08:14 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the right forum for this, if not forgive me. I've been searching for some time a guide or book to occult/mythological creatures, what their dislikes and likes are. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time and peace be with you.
'The Golden Bough' by Sir James Frazer is an excellent book--though it is a bit dated. But you can get the idea from it. Why exactly are you curious in monsters and creatures? I am simply asking.

[edit]
Dungeons & Dragons also published a Monster Compendium, if that sort of thing might float your boat.