PDA

View Full Version : Bone runes

SilverMoon
06-26-2009, 05:37 AM
I've read in books, and such, about using bones as rune.(generaly the knuckle bones) of like an animal or something. has anyone ever done this? or ever used a set? or even seen a set? Does it really give it more power?

Strider
06-26-2009, 06:16 AM
My sister uses bone runes. When I just asked her why, she said this. "Bone underpins the flesh, and by extension, brings to mind - symbolicaly - the underlying framework of reality, and enables a more intuitive grasp of the consept of fate etc. The skeletal blue-prints are what I am after, and bone triggers this for me well and good" Hmmm, my sister can be a little odd at times. Just thought I`d offer a response, of sorts. :D

SilverMoon
06-26-2009, 10:20 AM
interesting. I wonder where I might find a set. or if any particulat animal bone would be best. probably whatever animal the person is closest to, mine would be a wolf. but I'm not killing no wolfy, no matter how much I want a set of bone runes.

VIRAL
06-26-2009, 04:26 PM
There is actually an ancient childrens game that is played with sheep knuckles. I say the runes only need to be visible, and not inscribed on any particular medium. According to norse cosmology, stones are the bones of the primal giant Ymir, whose corpse is our planet. The chinese used to write possible outcomes on ox shoulder bones, then put a red hot iron into a little slot in the bone and watch how it cracked. This is called Osteomancy.

SilverMoon
06-27-2009, 02:36 AM
lol. wow. anyways. I still think it would be interesting in owning a set of bone runes regardless how much better or not they would work.

Strider
06-28-2009, 07:19 AM
"You can get the same amount of magic and energy by throwing human ****."
Yes, indeed, especially if one believes in the power of human ****!
and..."They don't work my dear."
Oh really? And why not? Because you don't believe they will?
Belphebe is right, one can use pretty much anything, whether its bones, runes, tarot, I ching (or ****) etc. etc., the answers are within the individual, or in some place Through the medium of bones stones `n cards. All the medium does is trigger and free up the deeper mind by focusing ones attention upon a repetitive action, something effectively distracting. Of course, this doesn't work unless one is convinced on the surface that it will, hence the use of such emotive things like bones, symbolic images and most other semi - archetypal (not sure on ****-reading here though), Forms. :D

Dracophoenix
07-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I like using bone runes too. They have a better feel to them I think and they give me more direct answers than the wood stone or tile runes I have.

TheDruidSeer
04-07-2012, 10:39 AM
One of the sets I have is made of Ox bone. I enjoy using them quite a bit and they are very accurate for me. Being made of Ox bone personally i think it connects to Uruz. The rune of the auroch, a now extinct European wild ox. I suppose that was one of the deciding factors as to why i chose that set in particular...

TheDruidSeer
04-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Sure... I believe that they were made from the rib bones...