PDA

View Full Version : Re-Empathy!

Ninlil
07-20-2009, 05:22 AM
I experienced profound empathy, the sensation of experiencing the feelings of other people as though they were your own feelings. I tested it on the people I was feeling and I was confirmed, which was cool, it changed how I viewed things in every possible way in terms of interacting with others. It became overwhelming, and somehow I shut it down completely.

In a way, it was a very confirming thing to have this happen because to make sure it was gone I tried to infer on the feelings of other people and was told I was not correct. This is great and everything but I don't really know why it went away. I also don't really know why I can't get it back.

I suspect as a child I was able to do this, but as I had a lot of hostile people around me I think I shut it all out, and so as a fluke many years later (the aforementioned profound empathy!) I was able to reawaken it but it's all gone.

Once in a while, it seems to leak out and I can use it, but does anyone (Especially empaths here!!) have any tips for turning this on and off whenever I want!?

Ninlil
07-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Your advice sounds very helpful! I will try this out and see. It does seem like the way I block out the empathy is by shutting off MY emotions. I will see if letting myself hold a feeling for as long as possible helps any.

I am intrigued by the out of body experience. I would love to watch your aura while someone is scolding you to see what's happening!

Jastiv
07-22-2009, 09:57 PM
I know about the empathy. At first I found it to be overwhelming. I thought that I was just imagining things and I was just messed up somehow. But I really was feeling other people's feelings.