PDA

View Full Version : Yo, some questions.

Plarkenstorf
07-23-2009, 02:24 AM
Please answer these two, something's piqued my curiosity:

Do you have a phobia of needles?

If so, is at least one of your parents vaguely religious? (state their religion if possible)

Just wondering, the only people I know who have needle phobia have had a pretty religious upbringing. Wanting to know if it correlates.

Plarkenstorf
07-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Yeah, was thinking that, only all the other people I know who fear needles have Christian parents.

yodatalk
07-23-2009, 03:38 PM
I know a girl who was raised hindi and is afraid of needles. Like, major.

AharaVimaladvaita
07-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm not afraid of needles (i donate my blood every 4 or 5 month) and my parents are Christian indeed. But there was time when i was afraid of needles and i remember that when i was young i once got a panic atack as soon the doctor showed me that needle - but i was 11 or 12 years old at that time. Since that time i don't remember of being afraid of needles.

My father is very materialistic and he afraids of needls and doctors! My mother is quite "spiritual" and she is as a "divine mother" that hellps me in every step if i need hellp (if you know what i mean :)) and she doesn't afraid of needles. I hope i/we hellped your curiosity :)!

My sister is also more materialistic person and she is afraid of needles as my father does.

FraterShadowcaster
08-13-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm not afraid of needles and don't think there is a connection between that fear and a persons level of religious zeal. I must admit though that both my parents are pretty big Christians and are very afraid of needles.

Whore_of_the_black_abyss
08-14-2009, 09:52 AM
I find this to be a strange question... I don't see how those two things are associated at all.
I was raised in a very heavily religious upbringing (I was raised a Mormon and only left when I was 16 years old) and I have never had a fear of needles. In fact, I don't have a fear of anything.

Why did you think that those two things would somehow be related?

Plarkenstorf
08-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Before this thread, the last three people I talked to who were very afraid of needles were raised Catholic. Talked to someone raised Muslim just after its creation - and they were afraid of needles.

Only one out of the four people there had had a memorable traumatic experience with them. And I'm not sure why they would be related, I'm just seeing if there is a connection.

Diabolos11
08-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Maybe they just all have a fear of penetration, which could be religiously induced :p

Plarkenstorf
08-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Hah, there's a lot of stuff about blood in there too.

There's a reason Jehova's Witnesses can't eat black pudding.