PDA

View Full Version : Djinns

LoneWolf89
01-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Hey guys i'm new here...I need advice on what the best way to communicate or summon a djinn would be. It's allways around.I have had it around nearly my entire life, it's very powerful and believe it's not hostile and friendly even but i still need to question it and learn about its nature. any knowledge or advice would be very appreciated.

Lady Dunsany
01-04-2009, 03:01 PM
I wish I could help. I have enough trouble with the elementals I have running around my house. Is the djinn close to an element of fire like the salamander? I am sure someone here has worked with them and can help you.

LoneWolf89
01-04-2009, 04:13 PM
I think its partly an electrical demon. one time he said he'd follow me home on the telephone wires and i looked with my cellphone picture viewer and saw a large black orb 30ft in front of the car on the wires. it's friendly to me but it's verry powerful. It's posessed nearly everyone i know at one at one time or another. i need to learn how to consort with it securely. talkin to someone who's slightly posessed isnt very safe, think about it.

SWM
01-04-2009, 07:07 PM
I thought Djinns were strictly air elementals?

Lady Dunsany
01-04-2009, 07:34 PM
No I believe they have to do with fire. I have got elemental living in my home and I can tell you respect them because if you make them mad they retaliate. They really can not be controlled , so never get them upset. they have never retaliated against me except to throw things at me and one time when I was not paying attention the fire elemental sent a candle flame at me. Usually they bother my husband and others who come in. The only thing I can say is protect yourself and learn to banish real good and I mean real good.

Gazeeboh
01-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Lady D is correct, they are of fire. Desert, wands, heat, will, raw.

However, lightning, would be a synthesis of fire and air. So maybe the Djinns are toying around with Astral Body Engineering? Perhaps its a construct you made? Maybe it made you?

I've got a Djinn too. He lives in a statue I found at a garage sale. You burn incense on his lamp and he helps you get what you need. Once again, incense being air and fire, though smoke is the result rather than electricity.

Why don't you just ask it whats up? Just listen polietly.

Lady Dunsany
01-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Lady D is correct, they are of fire. Desert, wands, heat, will, raw.

However, lightning, would be a synthesis of fire and air. So maybe the Djinns are toying around with Astral Body Engineering? Perhaps its a construct you made? Maybe it made you?

I've got a Djinn too. He lives in a statue I found at a garage sale. You burn incense on his lamp and he helps you get what you need. Once again, incense being air and fire, though smoke is the result rather than electricity.

Why don't you just ask it whats up? Just listen polietly.

Brilliant.

Gazeeboh
01-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Thank you kindly.

You ever come across one Lady D?

Lady Dunsany
01-07-2009, 04:50 AM
No, at least I do not think so.

LoneWolf89
01-08-2009, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=So maybe the Djinns are toying around with Astral Body Engineering? Perhaps its a construct you made? Maybe it made you?QUOTE]

Thats very interesting you said that. ive allways had a notion and hints of it or them being kin... This seems to be the best explanation for the experiences ive had. along with the way i feel/sense about my reality... i try talking with it when i am alone but no answers so far. if anyone could suggest an easy ritual or technique for communication i would very much appreciate it. I really need it..

Gazeeboh
01-08-2009, 09:34 PM
It's really way easier than you are making it.

Just sit down in a quite time, or with some music. Get in the mood and stop talking to yourself mentally.

You all settled? Good.

Now focus on the Djinn that hangs out with you. Call him over, get his attention.

It's all just "feelings" and "vibes" now. You'll know it when he shows up, though it will probably be subtle to you. Sometimes they show up with a bang (I've had papa legba come in by turning all the things in the office on) or you might just "know" they are there.

Anyhow when you chat they usually use your own voice, the one you talk to yourself in your head with. Other times, its a distinct voice that isn't yours. Still yet, they may just show you pictures, smells, whatever it is humans think with.

It's not always going to be direct or immediately comprehensible. Just play around with it.

You two will get used to what you need to be understood mutally and then you will have a wonderful friendship or most bitter enemy.

Lady Dunsany
01-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Don't you know the old adage the simplest is the best, but no one heeds it.

LoneWolf89
01-08-2009, 11:17 PM
alright ill trust myself more now, i just needed feedback with somebody more experienced so to say. thanks and i wish you guys well ;)

Lady Dunsany
01-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Trust your instincts. Take care.

Gazeeboh
01-09-2009, 05:44 AM
Let us know how it goes Lonewolf, if the Djinn doesn't mind.

Y Ddraig Goch
01-17-2009, 10:02 PM
as far as i am informed Djinn are Air demons while Ifrit are Fire. its what i have learned about some time ago when i was searching about Al Hazred's Necronomicon.

Lady Dunsany
01-17-2009, 10:35 PM
They can be good and evil, but I will tell you this they have a mind of their own.

Saeiane
01-20-2009, 08:39 AM
*Clears my throat* The Djinn are actually a CLASS of spirits, there are water, fire, earth and air Djinn (though the elemental king of fire is named Djinn, that's whats confusing you Lady :) )

but, time to pull out my favorite book...

The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures PG. 164 "Djinn":

These are the primary species of demons in the Arabic tradition and are widely known throughout most of the Islamic world, especially in the Sahara and parts of the northern and eastern mediterranean. There are many variations to their names including Dgen, Dschin, Genie, Ginn, Jann, Jinn and Junun. There are actually several classes of Djinn including the piowerful Marid, the Afreet, The Shaytans and the Jann. Not all are evil and some can be helpful- like the genie of the lamp in the story of Aladdin. However the majority are very ugly and savage in nature. They can take numerous shapes and have been known to appear as human beings, monsters, cats, dogs, ostiches and snakes. When they do take human form it is often that of a beautiful woman, who may only be detected by the fact that the pupils of her eyes are vertical slits. The evil Djinn cause sandstorms and water spouts, and for this reason when the Zoba'ahm a whirlwind that forms itself into a pillar of sand stretching to enormous heights, sweeps across the desert the Arabs believe it to be caused by the flight of one of these evil demons. *skipping ahead* According to the Koranic tradition the Djinn were made from fire and have fire in their veins isntead of blood. Their first leadder was called Taranushi, but in time he was overthrown and they have since possessed any chieftains. Other traditions say that the Djinn are composed of air and were created 2,000 years before man.

*Bows*
I've read through a lot of 'creatures' in this book, but paraphrasing never seems to do as well as quoting. [: enjoy your knew-found knowledge friends!

Oh and to answer the subject: To communicate/summon your Djinn friend, perhaps a meditative or trance state may help. Get into such a state and speak, listen and/or wait for a response ( I first learned to speak to trees when I started out, so from there spirits were easy to communicate with, so I may be understating the process. If-so, I apologize )

Mage720
03-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Ok..... Im kinda new to this stuff.... I am familiar with the Greater and lesser key of solomon and there methods of summoning and controlling demons with aid of angels but i dont have the time to commit to such a demanding field of magick. Id like to work with some lower class elemental intities such as the djinn, elves, the fae.... I by chance ran into a gnome once, but it ran and vanished yet i could still see and hear its foots steps, it stood about a 1 1/2 to 2 ft tall. How do u summon ur djinn... how did u make their aquaintance... Ive inquired all around yet no one can give me a good substantial answer. Do you have any suggestions.

EtuMalku
03-13-2011, 06:59 PM
May I suggest the Ghâyat al-Hakîm fi'l-sihr, or Picatrix (Western) for a study on Servitors/Djinn.

Mage720
03-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Thankyou, do you have anything on the other elementals.... or are they in that book too?

zero
05-27-2011, 07:51 AM
so your saying djinn are evil and also saying all djinn are muslims hmmm.

your like 6 right?

Morrigan
05-27-2011, 01:14 PM
I've heard a lot of djinn have issues with people. But, that being said a lot of djinn can get offended fairly easy. So if their evil or not depends on how you view things like that. Although I will grant that there are some djinn that or just nasty because their nasty. But if your on your best behavior when you come across one, for the most part you should be okay.

zero
05-28-2011, 03:36 AM
djinn in my oppinion are spirits and pretty much nutral religions much like people like to take possesion of things and ideas, one could even see them as elementals.

i respect your voice, but i am a llittle criticle in my own beliefs and in such am sometimes critical of others in which i apolagize. imagine one who always self analyses imagine what he does to others.

Nual123
01-13-2012, 02:32 PM
When I lived near a mosque the Muslims believed that djinn resided on the roof of there mosque, I have only come across them then. I had strange experiences with them, but they helped my spirirtual growth. I attuned with them by using visual meditation and symbolism. Do research on there earliest records and use music and incense that would bring you intune with there energy. If you have a strong connection these techniques may attract them.