PDA

View Full Version : Hindu magic - siddhis

Karel2121
08-14-2009, 09:36 AM
The way of Yoga, how to get supernatural powers, in India called siddhis.
See you Siddhis.
Siddhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi)
It is very difficult. But may be simplification when you use your last one idea before you sleep. Because of what you thinking before you sleep,
hold your mind for whole night. Mostly, eastern masters recomended doing paecefull chakra Ajna - it may take about three months - do it during the day. In common meditation. You can use a yantra, mandala or siilar picture for help.
And then your mind direkt to Anahata chakra. It must be permanent for a long time. For it you could use your sleep. It take a long time, many years. Good is follow up your breath to start.
Befeore sleep you mai take it parallel with concentration on Ajna chakkra.
When you will open you anahata chakra, the powers (siddhis) chakras lower associate themselves.
Sleep is very good helper, it was used since ancient Egypt and Greece mostly for beginner in Temple healing but for all magick pratices too. And is still often use in eastern magic and mystic pracices.

AharaVimaladvaita
08-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Well there are many many siddhis. Siddhi means Accomplishment, realization and it is also the word that can be used or translated as magical powers or occult powers.

But you can't just think that you will gain those siddhis so easy by just concentrationg on chakras or use some kind of sleep. It's not recomendable to start with kundalini yoga or chakra tehnique without first balncing your entire sistem, because when you opening chakras there will be chemical changes in you and it is posible that you may not be able to control them (you can become schizophrenic for instance).

I don't understand you that well thou. Sorry :o

AharaVimaladvaita
08-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Do you mean me? What kind of town and houses are you talking about?

Karel2121
08-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Well there are many many siddhis. Siddhi means Accomplishment, realization and it is also the word that can be used or translated as magical powers or occult powers.

But you can't just think that you will gain those siddhis so easy by just concentrationg on chakras or use some kind of sleep. It's not recomendable to start with kundalini yoga or chakra tehnique without first balncing your entire sistem, because when you opening chakras there will be chemical changes in you and it is posible that you may not be able to control them (you can become schizophrenic for instance).

I don't understand you that well thou. Sorry :o

But, it isn't kundalini yoga. There is not any work with the serpent power.
In hindu systems are two ways. The first is a mystic way for moksha, I think, you mean this way. It is the kundalini joga. And second way is for obtaining siddhis - supenatural powers, similar like chinese alchemy in The secret of the golden flower, by R. Willhelm.

AharaVimaladvaita
08-15-2009, 09:53 AM
You have to understand that the true spiritual travel starts when kundalini is awaken. When kundalini goes tru each chakra some siddhis developed. For instance when mooladhara chakra is awakend and in it the kundalini the powers that are liked with that chakra are: Levitation (but not levitation of the physical body as some are thinking, but levitation of astral body!!), control over the body, breath and mind; always free from illnes,.... the powers that are asociated with swadhisthana chakra (when kundalini goes in that chakra) are: intuitiv knowledge, knowing of astral being,... and for manipura (when kundalini goes in it) are: knowing your body, freedom from diseases,... and so on. And there are also knots in sushumna nadi that you have to unbind.

What i'm trying to say is that when kundalini is awakend the spiritual journey has just started for you and real siddhis are just starting to developed. And as i was saying the siddhis can be dagerus if you use them for your material goals. True Siddha ("The Accomplished One") uses his siddhis for his spiritual developement and he never talks about them.

And about moksha. Moksha menas "liberation from cycles of birth and death" and to attain that it is posible that you will have to do yoga and tantra for more births (it is true that Vama Marga, Aghora, Kaula,... are trying to reach that in this life time but it is posible that many of those also have to go through more cycles of birth and death). I can talk about that a long time but fore some it is hard to understand. You also have to understand that you can't just mix up an eastern and western magic because the path is the same and also the goal, but only different approach (if i'm not wrong) so it is advisible to first learn about both and to see where similaritys are; well that is my opinion and it is posible that someone thinks different.

Karel2121
08-15-2009, 02:38 PM
But, in translantion of Gheranda samhita I have reading something else.
There is nothing abou kundalini. There is´saying that people who wont realy open a chakra, must doing contempaltion on only one chakra. And there is not recomendet muladhara, where is kundalini laying. But Ajna or Anahata.
Sow I am confused. Where is a true .:eek:

AharaVimaladvaita
08-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Gheranda Samhita speaks of a sevenfold yoga: Shatkarma; Asana; Mudra; Pratyahara; Pranayama; Dhyana and Samadhi. And it does speak about kundalini (in dhyana chapter - vizualization technique). About ajna and anahata. Ajna is first opend although it is the sixth chakra, because it will hellp us to be more cautious with opening of chakras and riseing of kundalini (you will understand what is heppening with you and you will be much more observant). And about anahata. When kundalini comes to anahata most of the times can't go on and it goes back to the mooladhara chakra (there are three psychic knots in sushumna that are blocking riseing of kundalini and which you have to "unbind": brahma granthi (in mooladhara), vishnu granthi (in anahata) and rudra grandhi (in ajna chakra)). They say that only with a hellp of a guru you can rise your kundalini above ajna chakra and if you make it you become a guru (it is good to have a guru because it will faster your spiritual progres).

Karel2121
08-15-2009, 04:07 PM
I think, we are speaking about two different things. You speak about kundalini yoga, I speak about obtaining siddhis. Kundalini yoga leads to the liberation from cykles of life and death.
In the text of Gheranda samhita, I have is an adition of master of yoga from India, there is about chakras.
CAD PRESS (http://www.tatrashop.sk/cad/sindex.php?idvyrb=2000&akc=detail)
But the same opinion is in the Chinese alchemy book, The secret of the golden flower.
If you lead out the kundilini, there is the end of your individual life.
The way of supernatural beings is a little bit different.
There is a return path into paramatman or nirvana and path of development to beings like siddhas. You mean the first way, I mean the second way.

AharaVimaladvaita
08-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Yes i understand you, but what i'm trying to tell you is that you can't just go and obtain siddhis. There are number of preparations first. You have to clean all of your sistem and then expend it.

AharaVimaladvaita
08-15-2009, 04:31 PM
And yes looks like there was some mix up :)

BrotherEnoch
08-16-2009, 08:48 AM
In part 4 of the Yoga Philosophy of Patanjali we are given a clear description of the yogic attainment of supernormal abilities. Thoughts are described as fluctuations of mind (this without EEGs). If you repeat the same fluctuation with as little variance as possible and as little disruption as possible your mind will go through certain stages. First there is a fixation on the thought, the fluctuation. Then there is a continuous flow of this fluctuation, without interruption by other fluctuations. Then self disappears and only the fluctuation (thought, perception, object) remains.

Changing the subject of concentration from one thing to another you can attain different results. By applying this process (called Samyama) to the relationship between Akasa and the ability to hear, supernormal hearing is attained. Sidharta mentioned this ability. Samyama on strength produces greater strength.

These powers may be deepened through repeated samyama. Repeated samyama on strength will increase the physical manifestation of strength.

The full effect of one siddhi may be easier to attain. For instance, the removal of hunger is easier than walking through walls. Also, one person may have a special "knack" for one samyama or another. This is due to inborn conditions, dedication, and, wouldn't you know it... Karma

Beyond this, I have to say that despite what some people might think, Patanjali was simplifying things a bit. He reduced this subject to the most easily understood ideas that would convey the most useful message possible. Some people think the siddhis Patanjali described were metaphorical or mere fantasies, but they are neither.

In section four of Patanjali's Yoga Philosophy we read:
"Supernormal powers come with birth or are attained through herbs (that's drugs, man), incantations, austerities or concentration."

Patanjali mentions four ways we may come into posession of siddhis but really only describes one. These other ways were covered in tantras.

Karel2121
08-16-2009, 02:01 PM
BrotherEnoch, well, some siddhis you can deepeend wint meditaton, samyama. But I prefer opening a chakra.
I was looking for the best text, and I found it here
Secret of the Golden Flower (http://www.alchemylab.com/golden_flower.htm)
This text is not of yoga, but there is in other words, the same.
:cool:
Heavenly Heart in this text is chakra Ajna,
fleshly heart in this text is chakra Anahata.

Karel2121
08-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Text of the Sat chakra narupana in translantion by A. Avalon is here.
Realization.org: Satcakra-Narupana by Purnananda (http://www.realization.org/page/namedoc0/scn/scn_i.htm)

Or a better is here
Sat-Chakra-Nirupana-Kundalini Chakras (http://www.bhagavadgitausa.com/sat_chakra_Nirupana.htm)