PDA

View Full Version : Curious

Fr_CV
08-24-2009, 03:19 AM
I'm curious how many people at OF wanna know about ceremonial magick, and who practices it.

Just curious.

Fr_CV
08-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Depends on what you mean with Ceremonial Magic. If you are talking about Golden Daw, OTO, A.A types I am not interested at all nor would I ever practice it. If you on the other hand is talking about Traditional Grimoire work I am very interested and also a practitioner.

Why no interest in the latter? In fact, at the higher levels (inner orders), one starts to use those grimoires after making sure the candidate is mentally and elementally balanced - I think kind of a safety system, really.

Belphebe
08-24-2009, 05:14 PM
My Dad just retired from the OTO.

Jastiv
10-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Depends on what you mean with Ceremonial Magic. If you are talking about Golden Daw, OTO, A.A types I am not interested at all nor would I ever practice it. If you on the other hand is talking about Traditional Grimoire work I am very interested and also a practitioner.

I think both types qualify as ceremonial magic. Some people don't like to join magical orders. In some cases I guess the oath taking or grades upset them. The other reason could be that they are far away from any physical temple. Still others feel it is too New Age for them, and the older methods are give better results because they are more traditional. From your post I'm guessing you are in the third catagory.

Veritas_Requiem
04-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Why no interest in the latter? In fact, at the higher levels (inner orders), one starts to use those grimoires after making sure the candidate is mentally and elementally balanced - I think kind of a safety system, really.

lolz... I started out learning ceremonial magick and necromancy. I have only recently branched out to other forms of magick... i.e. herbcraft, etc.

NewAeon93
05-04-2010, 04:55 PM
I do not belong to an order but I practice Thelema. Don't seem to see many other practioners here, but I came here to learn about other methods

grim789
05-17-2010, 02:06 AM
That would be great if they had a topic over it maybe its something worth suggesting to the moderators maybe they could add one.:cool:

Jarhog
06-04-2010, 08:16 PM
I never wanted to join any orders because they seemed too much like churches to me. Many of the people I have met that are members of orders have the attitude that, "If you aren't doing it their way you are a muggle." I like to take pieces out of different systems and put them together into my own. I feel that if you can't take something out and it stand on its own then it is not worth using.