PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know?

Ceridwen Arawn
09-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Roughly five years ago I came across the initials, or abbreviations, "DM." It's a very long story but it's of interest to me as it played a role in an upheaval of sorts that was caused but a novice who stumbled upon something she shouldn't have. I have never discovered their significance but I am certain that they may be a key to many questions that upheaval raised.

Has anyone here ever come across these letters?

Fr_CV
09-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Dungeon master? Haha. In all seriousness, no i have not.

Fr_CV
09-08-2009, 01:54 AM
LOL that was exactly my first reaction as well:)
I seriously have not even played any role playing games - on a tabletop. In any case...

Is your last name Konstantinos? Just kidding.

ZeldaFitz
09-08-2009, 07:52 AM
I don't play role-playing games on the board or off the board, and have never played a video game, so I have to go by what the other two said.

Fr_CV
09-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Not Konstantinos no:) I do have him on my friends list on facebook though. My last name is actually Nestor. The MrK thing is from a novel by Franz Kafka called The Process and it is what the main character is identified as in the book. Used to be a big Kafka fan:)
I think Kafka's pretty cool. I like Metamorphosis and other stories - it had a lot of other shorter ones included. MY favorite is "The Penal Colony".

Ceridwen Arawn
09-24-2009, 06:33 PM
I don't mean to be rude but I am asking this question for important reasons and I'm quickly running out of time to find the answers. As I said I was hoping maybe someone had come across these letters or initials?

It has naught to do with games, role playing or otherwise. It is very much real.

daecon
09-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Was the "DM" a monogram or ligature, or was it someone's initials? If it was one character that looked like a "D" and "M" superimposed, then I know a sigil like that meaning stasis.

Ceridwen Arawn
09-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Actually, we're not entirely sure as to what exactly they symbolize.

To be descriptive:
The novice mentioned above made the mistake of inviting something very... unfriendly into our midst. In the process she seemed to have stumbled upon something she shouldn't have, something none of us should have. We are not even certain of what it is but it is something that has come upon us frequently and at times violently.

We have very few clues, but I believe the letters are the key to the answers we seek. The letters were left behind, the same evening this all began. It is not my place to say more without permission but the letters themselves were carved into a surface with a recently broken glass.

Reinga
09-25-2009, 01:07 PM
You sure you don't mean dungeon master?

Ceridwen Arawn
09-27-2009, 03:35 AM
Yes, I am positive. And as I said I am quite serious.

daecon
09-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Carved into a surface? Can you send a picture of the damage? I'm thinking it might not be English letters at all, but have some other meaning.

Ceridwen Arawn
09-28-2009, 06:54 PM
This is where there's a slight twist, I'll message you briefly.

Ceridwen Arawn
10-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm not sure if you received the message but as I now have the permission of those involved it's unimportant who sees what I disclose. It may further help us even.

They were carved into the arm of an... unfortunate friend in the midst of a very bad situation. Most of the clues we had managed to gather began to mysteriously go missing and we have yet to find it. The scar does remain on her left forearm, it's faint but still visible, sometimes more than others. And it used to flair up sometimes, the lines becoming red and raised, she said she felt a prickling sensation there when it would happen. Sometimes even burning, especially the night it was inflicted.

We'll take a close look at the scar, luckily she's a great artist so we should be able to sketch the letters or characters.

Azaziel
10-25-2009, 07:51 AM
Sounds like a case of self-harm to me. Maybe worth recommending a psychologist?

Ceridwen Arawn
11-17-2009, 04:49 AM
I am positive that is not the case in this instance. The past five plus years since have been eventful to say the least. And it's steadily grown worse until about a year ago, everything just stopped, or so we thought until the situation resurfaced recently and worse than ever. Hence why I said I believe the clock is ticking, not only that but I just feel like I'm running out of time. And if there's anything I've learned from Magick, the Occult and all that it encompasses, it's to trust my instincts.

zero
11-20-2009, 02:30 AM
perhaps she is the sacrificial dam.

Thetalpha
11-20-2009, 09:02 AM
DM could be "Dei Mater", the mother of God, also known as Virgin Mary. Or it might be "Destructio Mundi", the end of the World.

Ceridwen Arawn
11-29-2009, 04:00 AM
Thank you Thetalpha, that's more than anyone's ever been able to give me. A place to start is always good.