PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo - a real African religion

angeress
10-10-2009, 10:36 PM
A Brief History Of Voodoo (http://www.omplace.com/articles/Voodoo_History.html)

So much has been stated about Voodoo, and it has usually been of the bad variety.:mad: I have seen many who do voodoo rituals, and the success rate is really superb.:cool:
Voodoo was a form of African religion which was terribly suppressed by slave-masters and colonisers, and during the terrible history of Africa this was something positive to introduce the world to.:cool:
The main religion of Haiti, ever since its independance was not Christian but Voodoo, and there was a rumour that Papa 'Doc' Duvalier used to kill his rivals with voodoo ghosts. He himself was a monster because he supressed the Haitians.:mad:

Gazeeboh
10-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Most "Docs" bleed into Hoodoo territory, which is an almost exclusively a folk magick system in the deep south of USA. Neat stuff.

Voodoo, or Vodou, is awesome. It is said in Haiti that they are 90% Catholic and 110% Voudou. They even have secret societies that work with the government to remove troublesome individuals from society. They actually do this by turning them into a zombie slave. Pretty crazy.

The Vodou pantheon is wonderful. Really friendly group of gods even the scary ones. You honestly feel like a family with them even if they are giving you a hard time. I've had Legba scold me like for not calling on him enough for things and he really felt like a Grandfather. Baron Samedi is creepy and really a forceful guy, but still something about him is embracing and loving. Great guys!

Met a lot of really nice priests down in New Orleans a while back as well. If you are down that way look them up!

angeress
10-13-2009, 04:49 PM
New Orleans is the epicentre of US Voodoo, but not all the practioners are nice people, some are downright evil. I will create a thread about this.
Voodoo in itself is the most effective magick there is, some of the rituals are a real dark grey ritual, and I have heard that some of the love magick involved in Voodoo is the most effective and also it is very hard to break.