PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here that make wine?

angeress
10-11-2009, 10:43 PM
This is a delicate artform, I have even heard of BANANA wine:)

winemaking: winemaking recipes (http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/recipes.asp)

Well here is a link to make other wines with unusual ingredients and go on be a devil.:D:D

daecon
10-12-2009, 11:09 PM
I've made wine for years out of a variety of fruits (even grapes). My specialty is rhubarb. Recipe for 5 gal:

10# rhubarb stalks, washed and cut into pieces.
10# sugar

pour sugar over rhubarb in a clean 5 gal brewing bucket and mix well. Let steep for 48 hours until juice starts to "weep" from rhubarb. Add enough water to make 5 gallons, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp. strong black tea (steeped until cool) and 1 packet champagne yeast. Ferment 3 days, then strain out rhubarb. Top off with water to make 5 gallons. Ferment 4 months, racking twice. Bottle and age at least 3 months (6+ is better).

angeress
10-13-2009, 06:17 AM
A great recipe, but listen to this and this is true.
In some Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia some folk secretly make their own wine too, but then most religionists are hypocrites of the first degree.:eek:

angedelamorte
08-12-2010, 04:48 AM
I was considering making my own wine this fall since we have tons of grapes behind our house but I'm still researching different ways to go about making it. Does anyone have some suggestions?

zero
08-18-2010, 06:31 AM
my favorite is marionberry (http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/request205.asp)

Aradia
08-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Yes, it does sound wonderful.

PsykoSara
12-07-2010, 02:57 AM
I usually make some mead for Midsummer and glögg for Yule. I usually use lemon, ginger and peach for the mead, but I've thought of making something different for the next batch.

antoniocalado
08-18-2011, 06:36 AM
wine is only made of grapes...there exist not such think as wine from bananas or any fruit...lolol...what u do with fruits is licor. I am portuguese and this country is full of grape fields...and i already made wine too. Wine was brought to peninsula iberica (now portugal and spain) by the romans. Just get an european recipe for wine...better portuguese or french cause they r the best on the business.

daecon
08-22-2011, 09:30 PM
A wine can be made from any fermentable fruit. Some wines, however, have specific names. A wine brewed from apples is called "cider", for instance. If no other fruit is specified, it is assumed to have been brewed from grapes. If the wine is then distilled (but not sweetened) it becomes brandy.

Liqueur is something different. A liqueur is a sweetened flavored distilled product, either distilled fermented fruit, or more commonly, flavorings mixed with some kind of distilled hard liquor such as whiskey or vodka. Some liqueurs you might be familiar with are creme de menthe, Bailey's Irish Cream and Kahlua.

antoniocalado
08-23-2011, 05:46 AM
thx daecon

MiaVenezia
08-24-2011, 01:14 AM
My family makes wine...it isn't a cheap hobby; it requires a lot of equipment (and patience). But I'd be happy to answer any questions about it.

TheDruidSeer
04-10-2012, 07:46 AM
I brew my own beer, but have always been interested in trying to make some wine, or mead as well. There's nothing like home brewing. It's better, cheaper (once you have the equipment), and more satisfying enjoying something that you crafted yourself.