PDA

View Full Version : The Problem of Karma

Azaziel
10-25-2009, 09:28 AM
One of the problems we are faced with when doing magick of any kind is the problem of karma. In this dualistic universe, everything has its opposite reaction, so even "white" magick often produces a negative result through the balancing act of the Universe.

One workaround I have used successfully is to let sentient beings work through me rather than me trying to alter consciousness directly. For example, I might invoke Azazel and trade energy in return for whatever earthly thing I want manifested. Azazel loves women, so my most effective workings follow the general idea of invoking The Beast and offering him a Whore to use for the purpose of raising energy. The energy raised is then sacrificed to the demon.

Does anyone have any similar tricks for spell casting?

ZeldaFitz
10-25-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't see any problem with karma, either you believe in it or you don't.

Azaziel
10-25-2009, 09:44 AM
I take it for granted that any magician understands the principle of karma; belief in karma isn't being debated here.

What I am interested in is how do other magicians avoid the 'backlash' when casting spells that alter reality?

ZeldaFitz
10-25-2009, 09:47 AM
What reality, there is no reality, only non magickians believe in reality, the trick is to know there is no reality, the reality is living in our own special world.

Azaziel
10-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Yes, it is true that strictly speaking reality is an illusion, but nevertheless it is an illusion of our own making and one that we experience in our everyday lives.

What I am trying to get across is that I have found that because of action-reaction and the dualistic nature of the universe, it is exceedingly difficult to successfully cast reality-altering spells that rely on focusing energy in the astral, particularly when it comes to manifesting 'stuff'.

Usually the effect is short-lived because the subconscious model of reality rejects it after a short time and furthermore, energy directed into a selfish goal generates a counter-current which if not harnessed defeats the object of the spell.

The workaround is to direct the energy through another being, usually a demon.

I was wondering how you get around the law of karma when working spells that affect the material plane for your own selfish, material goals?

Gazeeboh
10-26-2009, 09:44 PM
So you just let the other guy take the fall?

I think that is what you are saying. I didn't really read that very carefully I just wanted to post something.

So you summon the demon, let him do stuff for you in exchange for whatever, and let him deal with whatever happens negatively? I like it. But I also think it's kind of boring. Magick isn't really supposed to be safe or clean, don't be afraid to get dirty!

ZeldaFitz
10-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Karma is non existent. Backlashes come from poorly performed magic. Usually when people are messing with things they are not ready for. Read Dr Joseph Lisiewski's book Ceremonial Magic & The Power of Evocation.

Yes, so true.