PDA

View Full Version : I need help finding a book.

indiana
10-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Hey there, I have quite a big ask.

When i was about 6, im now 28, my mum and dad caught me with one of my dad's books. I was told off badly for looking at the book, it was taken away and i have never ever seen it again. It was quite out of place on the book shelf which i presume is what attracted me towards it initially. Over the years, numerous times i have asked my father what this book was, what it was about and where is it... that kind of thing. But i have never had a straight reply from him, i don't think he has it any longer in his possession, or if he does he's hidden it 'very' well, i have looked.

This book has bugged me for over 20 years as i am fascinated by the occult and always have been from a young age, and i know that this book has something to it. So i suppose a description of the book would be right about now:

It has been around since before 1984/85. The book was entirely black, the texture was a kind of mottled, rough sort of, hardback. It was A4 in size, so quite big, 200 to 300 pages thick, so relatively thick. The front cover had guilted (imprinted/embedded) into it in silvery print (not actual silver) a large pentagram covering most of the front of the book.

http://www.freewebs.com/faeden/pentagram%20levi.jpg
I've managed to find this in my searching. It is what was on the front of the book. the source contains no information relating to a book.

On the first page under the front cover was an inked version of the same pentagram on the cover, in the same position, the pentagram on this page also had a detailed image of the 'Pan' depiction of the devil (the horns, half man half goat, e.t.c.) set ontop of the pentagram.

The name i can't remember (obviously) but i'm pretty sure the last word of the title of the book was 'supernatural'.

I've tried searching and it's really hard to search on the net with so little to go on, of the searches i have done one book keeps coming up called 'the book of secrets', i know its not this one.

now if anyone can help me try to find this book, what this book is, or anything at all that will aid my search in finding out about this book i will be eternally greatfull.

I have come here specifically as i feel it is the best place for me to get direct personal feedback from people in the best position to help my request.

Many thanks. Andrea.

Belphebe
10-29-2009, 09:26 AM
The only thing that comes to mind is Eliphas Levi or Richard cavendish. I'm sure someone here will know.

ZeldaFitz
10-29-2009, 04:07 PM
MrK is right. The picture you have posted is on the Satanic Bible, although it is purple.

psi-bot
10-29-2009, 06:50 PM
The pdf ver. of the book has the black pic. Hope that helps.

ZeldaFitz
10-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh thank you. I did not know that.