PDA

View Full Version : New to Tarot

Gawain
11-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I just got a the Legend : Arthurian Tarot deck, and Every time I lay out a spread, I invariably come up with two cards or more of the same suit and order. How many times do you shuffle the deck to randomize it? what would be the best way to Randomize?

I know that it's not unheard of or uncommon for the cards to happen like that, but since I just got the deck I consider that spread to be a foul. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Any and all advice you can give to me, and fellow Newcomers is apreciated.

ZeldaFitz
11-05-2009, 08:52 PM
You shuffle until you feel it is time to stop, cut the cards in three piles, then put the first pile on the last and that pile on the middle.

Viridis
11-07-2009, 08:34 PM
My cards literally say how many times to shuffle in my mind. I just go with it.

Azaziel
11-07-2009, 09:14 PM
My cards literally say how many times to shuffle in my mind. I just go with it.

You definitely have the knack of it. Try living your life the way the Tarot tells you that you should. It would make for a very ordinary life.

Belphebe
11-07-2009, 09:58 PM
You are a prickly man aren't you? Why don't you just crush every one's beliefs and the way they live, your opinions are not gospel but in your egotistical little mind they are. If you have nothing constructive to say why do you bother? I don't think I have seen anything coming out on this board from you but rhetoric, ridicule, and criticism, you ain't all that Mister.

Azaziel
11-07-2009, 10:17 PM
You are a prickly man aren't you? Why don't you just crush every one's beliefs and the way they live, your opinions are not gospel but in your egotistical little mind they are. If you have nothing constructive to say why do you bother? I don't think I have seen anything coming out on this board from you but rhetoric, ridicule, and criticism, you ain't all that Mister.

Do you think it fair to let people believe in false hope? Which is the greater evil?

Quench your own candle.

Thetalpha
11-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law... ...they can be what they choose to be. It's them who will suffer the consequences, whether good or bad. So let them be.

Azaziel
11-07-2009, 10:31 PM
93, but what is your point, exactly?

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

ZeldaFitz
11-07-2009, 10:31 PM
There is nothing wrong with working with the tarot, it hones your meditation skills, your intuition, it is required in certain orders. The tarot can be a wonderful key to awakening the innate powers within us. As long as it is used and not hurting anyone, what is the harm?

Azaziel
11-07-2009, 11:16 PM
There is nothing wrong with working with the tarot, it hones your meditation skills, your intuition, it is required in certain orders. The tarot can be a wonderful key to awakening the innate powers within us. As long as it is used and not hurting anyone, what is the harm?

I am sorry if I came across that I do not think there is value in Tarot, I do. I use the Tarot almost every day.

What I was pointing to is that the fellow first asks a question about being a complete novice and then suddenly he has developed his psychic prowess so far that he automatically knows exactly when to stop.

If you want to learn magick, then the first step is to be prepared to learn.

Azaziel
11-07-2009, 11:20 PM
It is not really false hope but one belief that they follow and how attuned to life that they are.

A newbie will not clearly see all that the cards direct to them not even the season veterans will get all that the cards say, and again it all depends on just how far one wants to get into the cards and the teachings that are associated with the cards. The color scheme has something to do with the reading also, whether Hebrew letters are associated with the cards, how in depth does one want to go, and what path of the Tree of Life is the card a kin to. What Spherath or even what pillar it applies to

Hi Magi, yes everything in the tarot cards, including colour is symbolic.

The fact is that most people who suddenly get into Tarot do so because they are trying to cope with some kind of trauma in their lives and need reassurance. And they look for the cards they want to see.

ZeldaFitz
11-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Okay, my head is fuzzy. I have the flu, so all is not registering at the moment.

Thetalpha
11-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Okay, my head is fuzzy. I have the flu, so all is not registering at the moment.

Shut down your computer, make yourself a strong, hot thyme and camomile tea and lay in bed. Works true wonders.

ZeldaFitz
11-07-2009, 11:42 PM
I will, that is where I am going. Thank you.

Thetalpha
11-07-2009, 11:46 PM
No problem.

And good night :)

ZeldaFitz
11-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Good morning!

Azaziel
11-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Good morning! Feeling better yet?

Thetalpha
11-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Morning! (funny to say since over here it's afternoon now)

Did the tea help?

Thetalpha
11-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Ditto. Also, again, you are not the one to judge about what other people do spiritually.

Azaziel
11-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Ditto. Also, again, you are not the one to judge about what other people do spiritually.

That's rich coming from you. Didn't you criticise someone's love spell using magick squares?

Thetalpha
11-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Now that was different. He put the love spell here, recommending it to others. If Gawain would have said: "You should all try Tarot it's supercool try it" then I would have held another one of my inferiority complex-creating speeches. But he asked for help, and perhaps implied that he thinks it works for himself. He didn't go "Yeah it works for everyone it's universal just try it out." If you don't like Tarot, that's fine. But this thread's title isn't, "What do you think of Tarot?", it is "New to Tarot". And the first post isn't "Whaddaya think of divination by Tarot?", it is a request for help. So please, if you want to complain about Tarot, open a separate thread.

Gawain
11-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Is there really a need to use a card as a significator with in the spread? I've seen them listed in most lay outs I've seen but what's the point of it? Is one of the cards supposed to speak to me, as it comes to relating to the readee? If I do a reading for myself, do I really need to use one? I haven't so far.

ZeldaFitz
11-18-2009, 08:47 AM
I would as since it represents you, it has your energy and the reading will be more to the point. If you do a three card spread or a one of course you don't need it. I use a Gypsy deck and the card that represents me or a male is already in the spread.

Gawain
11-18-2009, 03:53 PM
If I was doing a five card spread for me, wouldn't my energy already be in the cards, seeing as they're coming from my hand?

ZeldaFitz
11-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Yes but the significator draws the energy in as it is a sort of guide for your intuition, or entities that are helping. It is up to you of course, you have to do what feels right for you.