PDA

View Full Version : Magick in Theory and Practice - Aleister Crowley

Thetalpha
11-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Online text: Magick in Theory and Practice - Introduction (http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/aba/)

VERY interesting to read and study :)

Azaziel
11-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks for posting, Thetalpha. A true classic.

Thetalpha
11-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Crowley is and always will be a classic.

Azaziel
11-07-2009, 06:40 PM
I do not doubt that but still what is it that is so good about his work? Comparing it to people like Agrippa, Levi, Bruno and so on is absurd I think.

Crowley did not write for the masses, or the unenlightened.

Thetalpha
11-07-2009, 06:51 PM
I think you misinterpreted what he tried to say, MrK.

When Crowley wrote, he wrote a lot of interesting stuff. But the only way to really understand the point of what he's trying to say is to read between the lines. To digest what he said, to do your research and try to see the greater meaning of things. If you only read what he says, you think it's absured. If you read it over and over and spend some time thinking about it and discussing with other people, you get to understand it.

Thetalpha
11-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Not in the fashion Crowley did. Levi was still easier to understand.

Azaziel
11-07-2009, 07:10 PM
I think you misinterpreted what he tried to say, MrK.

When Crowley wrote, he wrote a lot of interesting stuff. But the only way to really understand the point of what he's trying to say is to read between the lines. To digest what he said, to do your research and try to see the greater meaning of things. If you only read what he says, you think it's absured. If you read it over and over and spend some time thinking about it and discussing with other people, you get to understand it.

Thank you for putting it across so eloquently.

Thetalpha
11-07-2009, 07:32 PM
No problem :)

Jburton104
01-23-2010, 08:46 PM
I picked the book up a few weeks ago at a used book sotre for $5 (which is an AMAAAAZING price! even though the cover is missing), I've read a lot of it and there's not too much original material unless you're a Thelemite, which I am not.