PDA

View Full Version : Talismans for the LHP magician?

morningstar
11-17-2009, 01:18 PM
I was reading the book "How to make & use Talismans by Israel Regardie" & was wondering if there are books on making Talismans for the LHP magician. Every talisman mush have the letters YHVH on them which needless to say does not fit in the LHP. Of course there are good books on grey magick by Spare & there is Liber Null. But most books I have come across for LHP are by Michael Ford which seem to be only about warfare rather than grey magick.

A question does come to my mind, if a satanist decides to make a Talisman then he would be seeking the help of YHVH, then would it not result in some sort of internal/spiritual conflict?

But on the other hand, does it not matter solely- What I think of it? or what my psyche conceives of it? Lets say, a spiritual satanist makes a talisman & believes that even though the name YHVH is inscribed on the talisman, it won't make any difference to him & the results will be there. Is there still a possibility of a complication?

ZeldaFitz
11-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I have never thought about it, as I don't and have never used a talisman. I am definitely not the one who can volunteer any information about this.

Thetalpha
11-17-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't want to seem rude, but, then, why did you post? It's like when someone asks "Who was responsible for shutting the door?", and everybody but one goes "Not me!" It's a bit unnecessary, if you get what I mean ;)

morningstar
11-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Seems like no one has a clue

morningstar
11-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Did you miss my answer or what?

I did read your post but I was looking forward specifically to what could happen to the individual & I know that these are opposing forces. My apologies to you though if I came off as a jerk.

morningstar
11-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the reply, heres what I think, till I don't perform any specific invocation rituals & indulge only in low magick, I can to a certain extent control both the forces. Aliester Crowley did. He was into black magick as well as golden dawn magick. But then, not everybody is Crowley .And of course some combinations are misappropriate, like invoking demons & then performing the LBRP.

well according to the Key of Solomon you invoke the angels to control and send demons down to do your bidding. So that would imply you use the good to use the bad. It seems a bit of a cross in paths if you ask me, but those pentacles tend to have YHVH or EHIH on. A true satanist I would guess would not, but then I follow the Key of Solomon and the Sworn Book of Honorious so I dnt concider myself a satanist. Hope what I've said helps. it seemed a lot clearer before i wrote it down lol. ah im tired. :P

oh and general rule of thumb in most grimoires : pentacles made first hour of wednesday, or subsequent hours of mercury if u can work them out.

ZeldaFitz
11-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Ahh then I understand. Well the immediate effect would probably be that the satanist wont get any help from God. In the long run it would lead to Hell but that is perhaps not a negative thing for a satanist:) I really never tried asking God or the angels for anything when I was an active satanist. The thought of doing so never struck me to be honest. Since I have become a RHP magician I never ask Satan or demons for anything either. I command them in the name of God and thru the divine spark. This is one of the differences between God and his angels and Satan and his demons. Demons can be forced but I have so far not heard of a way to force God or an angel to do things.

You are so wise my friend.

morningstar
11-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Ahh then I understand. Well the immediate effect would probably be that the satanist wont get any help from God. In the long run it would lead to Hell but that is perhaps not a negative thing for a satanist:) I really never tried asking God or the angels for anything when I was an active satanist. The thought of doing so never struck me to be honest. Since I have become a RHP magician I never ask Satan or demons for anything either. I command them in the name of God and thru the divine spark. This is one of the differences between God and his angels and Satan and his demons. Demons can be forced but I have so far not heard of a way to force God or an angel to do things.

Ah hell, I can relate to crowley when he said "I was always fascinated with the enemies of heaven" ;) But do you really believe in the concept of heaven/hell & the whole pact thing? or by hell you mean bad karma as in hell on earth? To me it sounds too ..um biblical. Also, those who do worship satan must have done their research well before walking that path. Thanks for the info. A question does come to my mind, why did you change your path?

morningstar
11-23-2009, 01:49 PM
You remind me of Faustus :) I will read your book as soon as I can afford it.

A question, how can you compare Christianity with satanism? What I mean is Christianity doesn't have much about the occult in it but do correct me if I am wrong. Won't it be better if you were mentioning The Golden Dawn instead of Christianity?

Satanism is actually a harder track to follow then Christianity since all the material is so extremely spread around. You find some stuff in the Bible, Koran and Torah. Much of it you get from texts that never made it to the Bible though like The Book of Enoch, the gnostic and Coptic texts as well as the dead sea scrolls. Usually only a small part is directly related to Satanism as well. You tend to get a very large library after a while.

Actually I do believe in heaven and hell much because of my practice with both Satanic and Jewish/Christian magic. The reason I changed was two things. First of all I had done a classical pact that was coming up for payment and I was in a completely different state of mind then comparing to when I did the pact. You can read about that pact in an anthology I am in called Both Sides of Heaven published by Avalonia Books. Besides me it features such writers as Stephen Skinner, David Rankine, Dan Harms, Aaron Leicht, Jake Stratton-Kent to name a few. My contribution is in two parts. First how demons and devils relate to the grimoires and then another part telling my story on pact magic. Sorry that I can not tell much more about the pact but if I tell everything I write about no one will buy the books you know:)

Also at a trip to New York I got two books that changed my life forever. Those books were A E Waite's The book of Black Magic and Richard Cavendish The Black Arts. They introduced me to the grimoires 15 years ago and I got totally fascinated with them and realized that was what I had been looking for all along.

morningstar
11-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Thats a radical difference. I always thought all bibles were against the occult The Occult - what does the Bible say about it? - ChristianAnswers.Net (http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-occult.html) but now I'll try to get the old ones.

A question, aren't the bible god & the Golden dawn god same? And are bible magick & golden dawn magick different means to the same end? The end being getting close to divinity.

zero
11-25-2009, 09:12 PM
the bible uses many names for god and these names are used in the golden dawn as words of power, for they represent the magical formula of god, that said so does all god names such as Dionysus.

the golden dawn is a magical order the church is not, the church is there to teach one how to live as god intended in the bible, golden dawn teaches how to live life with god in compromise.

magic is not a means of getting close to god, unless you blur the lines of mysticism an magic. and I do say the two go together yet only in practice, not in destination.

at least that is my thought

morningstar
11-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I sometimes think of the terms white magick & RHP religions almost synonymously as a means to seek god while not keeping in mind that they can be used to achieve terrestrial goals as well. I guess thats dogmatic of me but thanks for the correcton.

morningstar
11-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Who the **** uses Talismans?

What do you use?