PDA

View Full Version : Trying a new meditation technique

Tanemis
12-02-2009, 04:49 AM
So in the book I bought today and started working out of it suggests visualizing a screen and then picturing a countdown on the screen from 13 to 1. I'm having a hard time visualizing the numbers. Any suggestions?

zero
12-03-2009, 11:11 PM
there is one method where you use tatvas(or any image that has two portions) in flashing colors. they make an imprint when you close your eye's.

NeoeN
02-06-2010, 02:27 AM
I find it easier to visualize something if I stare at it for a while first. Of course, it'll take practice to get 13 different numbers up vividly, but then it's probably not necessary to get it that intense.

Dajai
02-06-2010, 04:24 PM
there is one method where you use tatvas(or any image that has two portions) in flashing colors. they make an imprint when you close your eye's.

That's an excellent suggestion.

The artist in me must have always taken this for granted but maybe it was through always drawing, sketching and painting that I developed a semi-photographic memory with the ability to visualise anything rather than simply being able to without training. Unfortunately it's now too long ago for me to recall which came first, but if it was art, then maybe drawing the numbers again and again will help. Obsess over them a little; close your eyes and draw them out on paper and consider how your hand is moving to achieve this; then transfer this move to your mind's eye, if it must be drawn slowly first. Eventually I am sure that you will be able to see the numbers without any thought.

Another idea might be to visualise a dot. Blank canvas and dot of any colours you wish. Now move the dot as you would a pen and watch it leave its mark behind to draw the numbers on this blank canvas. Once the number is complete, meditate on it a little. Remember it. Erase it and see if you can bring it back complete without starting with a dot. If not, then simply draw again and repeat until you can recall the image when needed.

crowley666
02-06-2010, 05:16 PM
visualization excercises are nice, but incorporate some excercises where you sence the ether in the most direct ways that are possible to you.