PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quotes

Tanemis
12-28-2009, 04:34 PM
I saw this on another forum I think and I found a quote perusing webcomics last night that I about died laughing at:

Don't fear God's love. He hasn't impregnated anyone in over 2000 years!

Belphebe
12-28-2009, 05:16 PM
The Craft is not a police-state religion saying "Live on my terms or go to hell," but one in which freedom of expression is encouraged. Gavin and Yvonne Frost

ZeldaFitz
12-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Oscar Wilde

avangard
02-11-2010, 05:28 PM
We, who can, lead by the ones who don't know, are doing the impossible to please the ungrateful. And we have done so much with such little sources, for such a long time, that we are qualified to make everything using nothing. Konstantin Josef Jireček.

ZeldaFitz
02-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.
Albert Camus

morningstar
03-05-2010, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=morningstar;28191]I could spam this thread as I have so many quotes but since I am feeling very lazy,I 'll put only a few.

"Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven." -Milton

If anyone has read Liber null by Peter Carroll, the initial 2 pages on liber Nox/ 'black magick' (on LHP) are beautifully written. Every line is a quote by itself.

& this one-

"We must deliver ourselves with the help of our minds, for him who has conquered the mind, the mind is the best of friends; but for one who has failed to do so, his mind will remain the greatest enemy." -Bhagvat Gita

ZeldaFitz
03-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you, and yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Kahlil Gibran

Thetalpha
03-05-2010, 04:01 PM
"Knowledge isn't a solution; in fact, it is part of the problem." -- Oscar Wilde

"What's it with this health hype? I mean, would you rather live a short life full of unhealthy pleasures, or a long life full of restraint?" -- Aloma Wright

Emma
03-05-2010, 06:24 PM
“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”

Lewis Carroll